Quantcast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dessert was a chocolate cherry fudge cake:

The bride had selected registry items, and everyone was provided a printout of these. However, in order to make sure that people did nto buy her like say, 6 batter bowls and no mesuring cups, we provided a bpoard with a post-it post card for evry item on her registry. If she registered for two f a certain item, there were two cards on the board. So after the guests had looked at their list and sort of selected an item (or had a few in mind) they would go to teh board and see if the card was still on it. If it was, they removed the card and wrote their name on the back of it and went to the Pampered Chef consultant to purchase the item. Once the card was gone, other guests knew that item had been purchased for J. The PC consultant collected teh cards and they are an easy way for J to know who purchased what (for her thank yous) as it will al come in one shipment.

Here is the board. Using it and the pre-printed registry list worked really well and reduced confusion and congestion significantly. Since the notecards had post-it adhesive on them, if a guest changed their mind, they could just put the item back on the board very easily.

Another nice thing we did (but of which I do not have a photo):

In lieu of a guest book, we had a cloth kitchen apron and had evryone sign it and provide good wishes/kitchen advice with multi-colored permanent markers;

Here are some pics of the tables, and of the favors, which were heart shaped cookie cutters, as was appropriate for a kitchen shower. To accomodate 25 guests, I set four tables, but only got pics of three of them. It's hard to be photographer and hostess!

Edited to add: I forgot to add this earlier.

Another thing I did was to provide recipes of all the dishes. I typed and printed them out for the guests as a take-away. While many did not take them, about ten people did (the ones really into cooking) and I thought it was a nice way to give them the recipe while it was being prepared, so they could take notes on it, if they wanted to do so.

So everyone brought recipes for J, and went home with three new recipes themselves.

Also, with the cooking demo and then gift purchasing, we really didn't feel we had time to do games. So we hgave out three door prizes. Two were small Pampered Chef cooking items, an dteh last one was a box of Godiva choclotaes. That was a hit!
    Last edited by jajacobsen; 03-15-2007 at 04:26 AM.

What a great shower jajacobsen!
    "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. I Samuel 1:27
    My miracle boy, Trey Marcellus: 11/21/2012

I just co-hosted a bridal shower for my best friend this weekend. We did a Afternoon tea

The chocoalte fountain was set up as the first thing people see when they came in. Highly recomended if you can do it, it smelled fantastic!!!

The room all set up

The table settings, we went around to a bunch of second hand stores and picked up all kinds of different tea sets, some we even bought for $1.
    the rest we borrowed from different friends and family members all around I think it looked great! really gave it a vintage feel.

Tea sandwiches

last but not least the ladies behind the scenes! The Bridesmaids!

We had about 40 ladies show up and we played 3 games
    1. Everyone got a pearl neckalace (plastic of course)and they could not say "the brides name" "the grooms name" or "wedding"
    2. What's in your purse (big hit) where every item was given a dollar amount and I handed out fake money if they had the certain item in their purse.
    3. How well do you know the couple They were asked a series of questions about the couple the one with the most correct answers recieved a prize.

Married 04.12.03

Aidan 08.25.05~Dylan 06.04.08

Adaya - thanks! The bride's mother and grandma came all the way from south Georgia (from Millen, near Statesboro), so you know it had to be all about southern hospitality! Sweet iced tea was the drink of teh day!.

Mickey & B - your shower looked great! Where was it held? Did someone have a spare , empty room? Did you rent the chocolate fountain, tables and chairs? I think you were really creative with the tea sets and agree that does add to a vintage feel.
    Last edited by jajacobsen; 03-15-2007 at 04:24 AM.

jajacobsen Thanks! Yes we rented the tables and the chairs, I bought the fountain on ebay I payed $80 but the retail price is $199.00. I looked into renting it and it was over $200 I figure I could use if for future parties, you can put cheese or bbq sauce as well as chocolate.

As for the room we held it at the Bride's sister's house, she has a great room we just moved all the furniture to other places in the house.

Married 04.12.03

For my sister's shower last year, we threw a couples' basket shower. On the invitations, everyone was given a theme, and they brought a basket for that theme. We were able to mix in a great variety of kitchen/house stuff with more "fun" stuff, and opening the baskets was a blast. I've got pictures somewhere, I'll have to find them.

mamapicklejuice Guest

jajacobson - LOVE your Kate Spade china! I've been drooling over that.

Mickey&B - I'm throwing a kitchen themed shower featuring a tea service. Did you make all the food yourselves? The tea sandwiches look lovely - how far in advance did you make them, and how did you store them prior to the shower? (In the fridge with a damp paper towel on them?) Love the "vintage look" tea services you used. Wonderful! All of mine will be matching - I'm almost bummed about that - I think the shabby chic look is fabulous for a tea!

the MIL's made the sandwiches. They visited a local tea house and "stole" their idea for sandwiches, then re-created them at home. They cut everything up and mixed up the spreads the night before and then assembled them early that morning. They were stored with a damp paper towel and kept cold in the fridge until they were served.

Married 04.12.03