Quantcast
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here are pics from the second shower which was kind of a surprise. She knew she was having one, but didn't know where it was. I only have 2 pics b/c the others are mainly of people painting...boring. What we did was have everyone pay $10 to cover the cost of the table we were making instead of bringing a gift b/c she received so many from the first shower. Everyone basically painted a tile and it went on the table you see below that is now in her tv room. We served fun finger foods, punch, soda and cake and cookies for dessert.

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. I Samuel 1:27
    My miracle boy, Trey Marcellus: 11/21/2012

That is a gorgeous table and so unique!
    I bet it is really treasured.
    What a great idea.
    ~Maggie~
    LJ: Magnadoodles

The centerpiece on the food table at my shower was really cool.

~Nicole

nicole, that was beautiful a beautiful centerpiece. What is that green flower? How lovely!
    "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. I Samuel 1:27

That is so funny ADAYA...I thought you were saying that was YOUR bridal shower and I'm looking at the bride going, that is NOT ADAYA! (Reading IS fundamental!) LOL

Here are a few of my pics from the shower my BP threw me that I absolutely could.not.stop.raving.about for MONTHS! They booked a spa (my Matron had a good relationship with the owner) for my shower and told me that they had just decided to give me a spa package as a gift before the wedding (to get me to show up they said the masseuse had me on the books at a certain time.) So I had no clue...even though they were acting suspicious I just figured it was because they wanted me to relax at the spa because they were gonna drag me out to a club that night and surprise me with a raunchy bachelorette party or something. It never even occured to me that they had the spa reserved for the whole thing! LOL Anyway, it was the most AWESOME idea I'd ever seen! (I would have never thought up something that good and I'm pretty damn creative!) My BP outdid themselves. It was tres chic...everyone was told they had to wear white attire. The theme was White Paradise Surprise Bridal Shower. And it was all tropical decor down to the Hawaiian leis (and pink was one of my wedding colors...hence the choice for the shower.) Here are the pics...

The beautiful invites!

Favor bags with tags that matched the whole invite theme.

Close-up of their creativity

The spread!
    Last edited by pocahontas; 02-07-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    At 24w 4d my little boy...became an angel 11/7/07
    Rainbow baby arrived 12/6/09!

Added a dash of PINK 4/9/11

The decor!

The throne they made me sit on (felt like Cleopatra! )

My lei was white but as you can see the rest of the crew had pink ones.

And the BEST part? My matron video taped the whole thing (this TV set up was from the "Newlywed Game" which was one of the games she painstakingly put together by going to my DH's job to interview him and ask him questions and they played the video at the shower and we all had to see if my answers matched his which was sooooooo fun! They know I am a Gameshow Network FANATIC! I love my girls sooooo much! A lot of thought went into all this to pull it off you could just tell!)

I even have the best part of the video online. This was the surprise. (You'll have to click the picture for the video to play.)
    Last edited by pocahontas; 01-21-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Poca, cute video. I never saw that. Awwww, how sweet! I think having it at the spa was a great idea.

Adaya, I love that table!

Poca, I loved that video!

~H.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaya View Post
    Poca, cute video. I never saw that. Awwww, how sweet! I think having it at the spa was a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherFL View Post
    Adaya, I love that table!

Poca, I loved that video!

~H.
    Thanks guys!

This past weekend I hosted a bridal shower in honor of my running partner, J. She is 25, getting married for the first time, and since she has always lived with roommates, does not really have much nice cooking stuff. I offered to hold a shower or engagement party for her, and she suggested that it be a Pampered Chef shower. Which was fine, but I wanted it to be really nice and not at all commercial or as little as possible). So after the cooking demonstration/gift ordering, we provided a sit down luncheon for all 25 guests.

Here are what the invitations looked like. The guests were asked to bring two of their "no fail/no sweat" recipes which were 5 ingredients or less and 15 min or less of prep time. I provided a really cute recip[e box which I decorated with pink and black polka dot grossgrain ribbon (and of which I failed to take a photo, darn it!)

I printed the invites myself.

The menu for the day was as follows:

Nibbles (offered during demonstration/gift ordering)
    strawberries
    grapes
    cashews
    olives
    cheese tray with brie and cheddar
    diet coke, filtered water, ice tea

Here is a partial picture of the nibbles. It does not show the cheese tray.

the meal's menu was :

Baked chicken with cranberries baked in a pastry ring (front) or braid (back) (same recipe, just different shapes to fit our pastry dishes

Broccoli and cottage cheese mini muffins (these are partially pictured on right)

Spinach salad with baby portabella mushrooms, celery, toasted almonds, bacon and cheese (not in pic)