Quantcast
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default YOUR BRIDAL SHOWER: Let's see the creative touches!

(I did a search for this and found nothing, hopefully this isnt a duplicate)

I'm planning for a friends bridal shower in Sept. and I'm looking for some fun and creative touches to make it unique!
    All of our friends have been to countless bridal/baby showers, so I'm looking for something fun and "out of the box".
    Let's see 'em!

K & J 10.15.05

OOh Ive got a bunch to post!

This was my friends "asian themed" shower:

Here are some pics of my dinningroom all decorated! We had various bamboo and black placemats and table runner. We decorated my highboy with black photo framed pics of the couple. And of course the orchids!

Here is a pic of the drink table outside on the deck - and that's a "guess how many fortune cookies" in a jar game!

A cute interactive game we played was sticking these question tags on the presents, and the bride had to answer them as she opened the gifts. Made the present opening a little less awkward and got conversation going

Here's a pic of the favour bags. Inside was a small takeout box filled with Asian snack mix, a small make-your-own bonzai tree kit or a tin of "love mints", wedding tissues, a little book of "canadian women's quotes", and a photo magnet of the couple.
    got married: 08/27/05
    had a girl: 10/05/06 - then a boy: 12/18/08
    and now another boy: 09/21/10

This is the lingerie shower thrown for me:

got married: 08/27/05
    had a girl: 10/05/06 - then a boy: 12/18/08
    and now another boy: 09/21/10

i threw a couple of showers for two good friends this past year.

we had a "cowgirl" themed shower for one of my girlfriends... she relocated to TX from CA after the wedding.

favors - personalized m&ms w/ the couple's name on them... there are western-themed charms tied to the ribbons (cowboy boot, cowboy hat, horseshoe, & cactus)

advice for the bride - to the left of the favors, i set a cowboy hat out w/ notecards and a framed poem asking guests to write down a piece of marriage advice for the couple. i mounted the notecards on pink paisley cardstock and put it in an album w/ pics from the shower as a keepsake for the bride:

placed flowers in galvanized pots from costco all over as decoration:

the invitation:

one of the theme inspired gifts she received from her ILs:

games:
    *the purse scavenger hunt game was a huge hit
    *toilet paper gowns
    *no crossing (each guest got a clothespin upon arrival and the goal was to steal as many from other guests by catching them crossing any body parts)
    blissfully wed since 5.29.04
    mostly on LJ (same name)

for my other girlfriend, we threw a couples shower... themed after their honeymoon destination: thailand!

favors: white chocolate covered pretzels in a container w/ a tag that reads "S & D are 'thai-ing' the knot!"

the advice notecards & poem again:

the spread... mostly thai food, of course :

we didn't do too many games bc we didn't think the guys would get into it much (prizes were mango scented candle jars). however, her mom did talk a few of us into karaoke-ing after a few beers
    blissfully wed since 5.29.04
    mostly on LJ (same name)

something that my MOH (my sister) did that I haven't seen, she had everyone write down a wish for me and my soon-to-be hubby on a small peice of paper (she didn't tell anyone what it was for) then she had me read all the wishes out loud, and then give everyone their wish back, then she pulled out a helium tank and clear balloons and small glo sticks. Everyone put their wish in a balloon with a glo-stick and filled it with helium, then we all went outside (it has to be dark outside to do this) and stood in a circle, counted to 3 and let the balloons go. It was so awesome, we all started crying, it was really beautiful.

BUMP!
    Looking for ideas
    ~Maggie~
    LJ: Magnadoodles

I am planning a shower for my best friend. I love the idea of the poem asking for wedding advice, can someone please post the poem for me?

Married 04.12.03

Aidan 08.25.05~Dylan 06.04.08

snowzilla Guest

These aren't from my own shower, but for a shower we threw for a friend in August. We did a mad hatter tea party - everybody wore the neatest hat they could find (we borrowed from grandmothers and eccentric aunts and bought some from Goodwill), served little sandwiches, tea, etc. The bride loved it, and so did the guests!

(This is the cupcake stand from my own wedding, that I bought and didn't use - I was so glad to have a chance to use it for something!)

The favors were little packets of tea, made from loose teas from the bride's favourite tea house. I just used little cellophane bags from a local packaging store, scrapbooking paper, and doublesided tape.

The cupcakes were a riot - the little red things started out as hearts, but we had one of the hottest days of the summer on the day of the shower, so they were a little, er, droopy!, by the time we took a picture. But they still tasted delicious!

Red napkins (from Ikea) were wrapped in strips of the Japanese paper leftover from the invitations, and the tin was just something I had picked up on clearance.

A shot of the food table - set up outside, underneath our backyard gazebo. We hung yards of white tulle (I had so much leftover from my own wedding, I was glad to use it and get rid of it) and stuck red and purple (the "theme" colors") silk flowers everywhere.

For a game, we played a wedding trivia game - Family Feud style. I found it somewhere on the internet. It was a huge hit - I was worried about it being too complicated for people to follow along, but with this being the last in a long line of brides and showers, we were tired of the usual games. Glad we did it - it was very successful, and everybody got in on it. We split the guests into two teams, and to "buzz in", you had to shout either the bride's nickname, or the groom's nickname.

I, along with the bridal party, hosted 2 showers for my best friend last year. One, in CT, was a more traditional kind of shower that was an informal garden party. And the second, in MD, one was a surprise shower that we held at a paint-your-pottery shop.

Here are some pics from the first one. We held it in the backyard at one of the attendant's home. All of the decor was white from the linens to the fresh white roses on each table. I wish I had better pics of the decorations, but the other attendants took better pics and I have yet to receive those.

For the menu we started with shrimp cocktail, brie with cracker, breads and grapes, some other cheese and crackers, then the main meal was a variety of "salad" sandwiches on croissaints: tuna, chicken, egg, seafood with pasta salad as a side. For dessert we made individual poundcakes for strawberry shortcake which is the brides favorite. We also served punch, bottled water and champagne for a toast. Just thinking...gosh we worked so hard....I love that girl.

We called this our bridal runway.

The bride and her mom making their grand entrance.

We rented a huge tent. Luckily we did b/c it drizzled on and off. You can kind of get an idea of the decorations. On each table we covered them with white table cloths we had a variety of vases throughout filled with white roses.

I put in this pic to show the candy bouquet that I made. Her fav candy is Blowpops and I made a bouquet to use for a game. After that, instead of "tossing the bouquet" to the single ladies, "tossed" a Blowpop to them instead.

Oh, and for the favors, we found these tea bag favors on Ebay. After doing this planning from Atlanta, I was too pooped to think about making favors. So this was heavensent. The seller was awesome and she put exactly what we wanted on the favor and shipped them very quickly with 1 flat fee of $3 as we had to order 3 lots. She also has baby shower favors of all kinds. I have her store bookmarked.
    Last edited by Adaya; 01-20-2007 at 10:43 AM.
    "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. I Samuel 1:27
    My miracle boy, Trey Marcellus: 11/21/2012