Quantcast
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Hurricane Support Thread

Hurricane Season is June 1 through November 30 with most hurricanes hitting in late summer. This year has been an exception, In the month of June, for the first time ever were 4 named storms.

We live along the Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Flordia Gulf Coast. Unfortunatly, evacuating from hurricanes is becoming a summer hobby for us.
    Isign - Julie
    Gulfport Mississippi
    8 Miles from the Gulf

IrishMeg -Meghann
    Clearwater, FL
    2 miles inland.

Maxandmolly - Molly
    Great idea!
    I'm in Lakeland.
    halfway between Tampa & Orlando.
    Directly hit by 3 hurricanes last year

1megmeg - Meg
    Clearwater, FL
    4 from the Gulf & 1.5 miles from Tampa Bay

Annie girl -Alexis
    Fort Myers FL
    15 miles

Smily124 - Aimee
    Mobile AL
    Close to Gulf & Mobile Bay

Udsweetpea - Andrea
    Orlando

Names for the 2005 Hurrican Season & the strength of the storm when & where it hit land

*Arlene
    *Bret
    *Cindy - Louisiana, Tropical Storm
    *Dennis - Pensacola, Cat 3
    *Emily* - Tropical Storm
    Franklin
    Gert
    Harvey
    Irene
    Jose
    Katrina
    Lee
    Maria
    Nate
    Ophelia
    Philippe
    Rita
    Stan
    Tammy
    Vince
    Wilma

Good Websites for watching Tropical Weather
    National Hurricane Center
    Weather Underground

Here we go again.

Last edited by isign; 08-26-2005 at 10:13 PM.
    1+1=5! Baby #3, Aug 2012!

Do we want to get a list of where everyone is located so we can pray for or send good thoughts or wahtever, and then keep track of us all after the storms? I mentioned this in the other thread I think.
    Thats a good idea. I'll start.

I'm Meghann and I'm in Clearwater, FL. It's about 20 miles west of Tampa on the Gulf Coast. And I really, really don't want anymore hurricanes to come near the US.

ETA-I'm about 2 miles inland.
    Last edited by IrishMeg; 07-12-2005 at 02:09 PM.

Great idea!
    I'm in Lakeland. About halfway between Tampa & Orlando. We're pretty far inland, but we're the only county in FL that got DIRECTLY hit by three out of the four last year (Charlie, Frances, Jeanne), so I tend to get a little jumpy!
    Also, BF works 911 in Pinellas County (over where IrishMeg) is, so anytime one comes near them, he'll get activated and basically have to live at work til it passes, so they're a double threat to me now!

Thanks for starting this thread!

I am Meg, and I too am in Clearwater, FL (4 or so miles, as the crow flies, from the Gulf of Mexico and 1.5 miles from Tampa Bay). I have a biostats final next Tuesday and as much as I don't want to take it, it'd be real swell if Emily didn't have to swoop in and mess up my last week of the semester.
    Last edited by 1MegMeg; 07-12-2005 at 12:39 PM.
    Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. – Cadet Maxim

I can keep everyone updated in the 1st thread if ya'll want. Much easier and a great idea to check in on everyone. I have only looked at these 2 maps, but has anyone heard any predicitions yet as to where she's going? Someone on the *other* place said Orlando.

Someone on the *other* place said Orlando.
    I saw that post as well but I think its way too soon to tell and I haven't seen any models that show that.

OK ya'll I got it started. I thought we'd post our location & distance from the water. I'm also going to put some more helpful links in the 1st post. I'm not finished yet, but just getting started. If you have any links/info we should add let me know. Also I'm not really sure on some info about the 1st 3 storms, nor am I sure what Dennis made Landfall as - Cat 3??

Hey ya'll! I'm Amy in Mobile, AL. Not sure exactly how close I am to the gulf (pretty close) but I tend to panic more when they say it's going to come right up Mobile Bay like they did with Dennis. It's going to be a long season! I work in tv and our meteorologist is already saying Emily will VERY likely hit the Gulf Coast next week. We're not taking our boards off the windows until we know for sure!

I am really curious if this is going to go right into tx/mexico or if it's going to go more north and then pushed into LA

I am so happy to see this morning that Emily looks like it's not going to come our way! I'm still hesitant to take the boards off the windows though. So much work! We are seriously considering taking the ones off the front of the house and leaving the rest up. With all the predictions of how bad this season is going to be, I don't doubt we'll be needing them again. Any thoughts? I know it seems tacky, but you can't really see the side or back ones from the street. Maybe we're just lazy, lol!