Quantcast
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Just gettin' all emotional because my baby's 5th birthday is just days away ....
    Proud Mama to:
    Gabe 12.21.2004, Ada 10.17.2006, Ben 3.24.2009

I know, Jenn. Too funny, because I checked into this thread earlier to see when someone had last posted, and was going to write something, but then got sidetracked by - oh, yeah! - work. But it's that time of year to check in here... between the emotional holidays and our babies' birthdays!

We just sent out Becca's birthday invitations yesterday. We are having a Wizard of Oz "storytime" themed party (where someone comes and helps the kids act out the story) on January 17th.

I am LOVING this age. Becca is being so sweet with her sister, and they are really starting to play together. She's also being generally sweet overall and it's so (bitter)sweet to see her maturing.

And, of course, here's a recent picture (or two). We met both the Grinch and Santa at a local hockey game!

Bridget wouldn't go anywhere near them!
    Last edited by twinnyme; 01-14-2010 at 08:55 AM.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Adorable pics, Melissa - I like how Becca's giving equal love to both Santa and the Grinch. Hedging her bets, huh?

Susannah and Katie had fun during the holidays and Susannah's birthday.. She's caught on to the notion of having big birthday parties with all her friends, so I can't get away with just the family party any more. So we're planning another summer half-birthday party around June.. Then I can give them some outdoor-type things. I refuse to buy a bicycle for Christmas/birthday when I have no intention of freezing my butt off while she tries it out. lol

I had a miscarriage in November...so no June baby for us, but we're trying to see what we can do for later in the year. We always have a good time trying, so don't feel too bad for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and a cool 5th birthday!!! Hard to believe we've been posting on here for nearly six years now.
    Susannah is a big sister! Katie arrived November 14, 2006!!!!

I'm sorry about the miscarriage, Lizzie Beth. Have fun trying again!

I was coming to ask if anyone was having a tough time with your kiddo turning 5? Then I saw Jenn's post from mid-December:

Just gettin' all emotional because my baby's 5th birthday is just days away ....
    5 has hit me harder than the other birthdays, and I'm not sure why. Becca's been having a tough time sleeping the last couple of nights because of all the excitement. On Tuesday night I went up and rocked her in the glider, like I haven't done in a long time, and also started singing her the songs we used to sing her as a baby (also haven't done this in probably a couple of years), and I got all choked up and teary. I think I'm pretty much over it now but it really hit me then that she's really growing up! It seems like such a big step, like she's really growing up. She's talking about giving up her pink blanket, going to kindergarten, being strong, all these things that seem to be a real turning point now....
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12

Becca "graduates" tonight from preschool, and I'm finding myself distracted today at work so I had to come in and post. We have her kindergarten orientation on 9/1 and her first official day is 9/7. She'll still go to her current school for the summer. I'm very excited about tonight - it sounds like they have a good program planned.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer.

Okay, I know hardly anyone comes here anymore, but I've been seeing the May/June 05 thread pop up with discussions about kindergarten, so I thought I'd pop by and see how everyone is doing with that. Has anyone started K yet? (For some reason, I think some may have started last year.) Becca is VERY excited. We've been to a couple of tours, have an Orientation on 9/1, and then she starts full-time 9/7. She'll be going 5 days a week.

Here is her planned first day of school outfit and new backpack.

She also recently got glasses. She loves them, and I'm just hoping the novelty doesn't wear off anytime soon! She only has to wear them for reading, computer work, or (if we choose) to watch TV.

Hope everyone's doing well, and good luck to all the new kindergartners!
    Last edited by twinnyme; 08-31-2010 at 07:06 AM.

it's been a LOOOOOONG time Is anybody still reading along? Updates...my dear girl is now a second grader and my dear boy is a full fledged full day kindergartner. I was worried...mainly because J was saying he didn't want to go to school and B has had tears for the past two years...I shouldn't have worried...they both smiled. And school is off! J is really enjoying school, says he likes it so much more than preschool...and he's been recognized for positive behavior twice so far. They're both in soccer. Still having issues with the husband...we've been back and forth to court...and will probably continue to do this for awhile. He still shirks his responsibilities all the time and wonders why i'm such a b.... about it. Looking for fulltime work...still at my current job...still having issues with management and all the things they do to make their employees feel like crap. That's about it...I'd post some current pics...but I don't know who comes in here!

I check in every once in a while, Lori. Sorry to hear that things with the ex aren't going well still, but it's great that the kids love school!

Becca LOVES kindergarten and is thriving. On Thursday I took her out unexpectedly for a doctor's appointment (picked her up in the afternoon; she had a cold that I was worried was getting worse) and she CRIED on the way to the doctor's because, as she said, "I miss my classroom." She plays school all the time at home, and even with her friends when they come over. She's taking dance now, and is still active too. The first few weeks of K were a transition for all of us and there were lots of meltdowns but things are MUCH improved now, and she's gotten used to it - although she always loved the content of it from the beginning.

She also had a growth spurt over the summer and we got her hair cut in a bob. Here is the first day of school (and, yes, her bag is huge):

She is going to be Supergirl for Halloween, and Bridget is going to be "Max" (from the books/show "Max and Ruby").
    Last edited by twinnyme; 04-21-2011 at 11:17 AM.