Quantcast
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Hey Ya'll Swinging by really quickly...

Austin has yet another ear infection, this time in his right ear. The tube fell out but is still in the ear canal. I had to pick him up yesterday morning about this time because he had a fever of 103...gave him some Motrin and a cool bath and it chilled down to normal. Took him to the peds and they made us an appt at an ENT next week to discuss having the tubes put back in his ears. I'm not putting him through 7 ear infections again, not worth it. Anyhew, we have an prescription for Amoxicillin I am getting filled tonight.

Also, took him to get his hair cut lastnight and now he's got a really short boy cut, no more longer hair...he looks soo handsome!
    Wife to Jimm, 2001*~*Mom to Austin, 2003 & Ashley 2004
    It's Official...I can add MBA to my title!!! OH YEAH!!! I'm DONE!!!

copying and pasting from the other thread...
    the husband is gone...time to party

i noticed Brookie had this very light rash yesterday...i had to really look to see it. she doesn't seem bothered by it...but it's all over her arms, chest, back, bikini area, belly and thighs. i took her to the dr today and it's fifth's disease and/or hand, foot and mouth disease. the ped is leaning more towards fifths. she does't have a lacy appearance to her skin on her upper arms and thighs...but it doesn't look like those i've seen online...i wonder if James is going to have it and where, oh where did she pick that up? can't wait for Brooke to start preschool and see what she picks up!

i thought i'd update on my job situation...i spoke with the administrator about not coming back on tuesday...i was pretty ambiguous about why...i said there were three specific incidents that i couldn't talk about at that time. she called back wednesday, saying she needed to do an exit interview with me and i came out with everything...specifics and all. she completely understood and said she'll mail my check and that she was sorry that i wasn't coming back-that i'm a very capable nurse and it's a shame we didn't work out. i have a feeling that the owner will hear what i said and maybe things will improve...but i still get a shiver when i pass that building. i just spoke with my supervisor at my old job and have been given the "hire back" and i'll be getting my substantial raise as well!!! so no worries...aside from the christening of my husband's new godson/nephew...can't wait for the drama of that!

Sorry to hear about Austin and Brooke's illnesses. Hope they're both feeling better soon! I think Becca's coming down with something, too - she's had a cough, a runny nose, and today so far she's napped from 1:30 to 4:15 and counting.... She never sleeps that long (though I wish she'd do so more often!)

Lori - congratulations about getting your old job back - and with a raise! Good news!

Not much going on here.... Rainy day, expected to be a rainy weekend, we have a child's birthday party this weekend, and also MIL's 70th birthday dinner (just a small family dinner, thank goodness). Becca and I went with a friend and her daughter to an indoor playground this morning and the girls had fun. Not too much else to report - except that I guess my daughter is watching a lot of Sesame Street (I'd say 3-4 times a week, mostly the Elmo's World part) because she said "Elmo" on Monday! She said it when DH was reading to her in the morning, and it WAS the first time she said it clearly, so when he asked if I'd ever heard her say it, I said no. I like to let him have some firsts! (She really hadn't said it clearly before that; it was loud and clear enough that I heard from another room.)

Lara - would love to see photos of Austin's new haircut!
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Melissa ~ Get in line...my 'rents want pics too but I don't have a digicam...and no film for my camera...
    Wife to Jimm, 2001*~*Mom to Austin, 2003 & Ashley 2004
    It's Official...I can add MBA to my title!!! OH YEAH!!! I'm DONE!!!

Hey everyone. So Becca's latest word is "all done" and we got a GREAT in-context example of that last night. So, I think I've mentioned that she HATES her baths the last few months and, of course, she's ALWAYS hated getting her hair washed, right? Well, last night it was clear she completely understands what "all done" means (I wasn't sure). The poor kid was saying "all done all done all done" the entire time I washed her hair.... The screaming was bad enough, now she's going to scream "all done" the whole time???? I don't think I'll be able to handle that.

Anyway, I hope everyone's doing well. Not much else going on here, except for a lbit of a language increase. She also says "more" now - and makes the sign. We were with a friend of hers on Friday who makes the sign - the friend did it, Becca did it right after, and she's been doing it ever since, and saying it alone with the sign. I'm working on "more, please" now.

She's also been very whiny lately - I think teething is in full force now. I can feel a couple of more teeth - strangely enough, one on the upper right side of her jaw, and then I think the bottom right one. Luckily, she's still sleeping okay through it all, thank god.

DH and I took a refresher infant/child CPR course tonight offered by our daycare - we hadn't take it since a few months before she was born....
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12

Hi everyone

Still pregnant (38 weeks today) and work has been busy but otherwise not all that much going on around here.

Wyatt too has been adding words left and right. He spends a good portion of the day identifying people by name--over and over and over again. (Pointing) Dada, mama, Ra Ra, Drake(the dog), baby, Wyatt (sounds like a version of hat). He has important things to say--full sentences that I have no clue what he is trying to get across--but it is very.important.

He loves the swimming pool and the playground these days too.

Melissa, have you tried the shower? Wyatt loves it, especially because we have a detachable shower hose/head and he can hold it and control where the water goes. Wyatt will play in there by himself after we're done too and I can get myself ready. (hard to drown in a shower!). Also, Rachel detests getting her hair washed so we started giving her a wash cloth to hold over her eyes and that helps tremendously.

Hi all,

I've been lurking along, just haven't posted much.

Gabe is super-busy-boy these days. Lots to see and do in a day! He just started putting two words together. He must say "bye" to everything. "Bye, bus." "Bye, daddy." "Bye, water." "Bye, potty." It's pretty cute.

He's also gone on the potty three times now, although I really don't think he's grasping the concept. But, hey, whatever saves a diaper! We were at Lowe's this weekend, and he kept pointing at the toilets and saying "potty" so at least he knows what they are.

Oh, and he kissed my belly the other night. So cute.

lawyerwifemom - I'm currently lurking in the busy June thread. Very exciting over there.

I wonder when we'll get to see a pic of Amanda's latest addition?
    Proud Mama to:
    Gabe 12.21.2004, Ada 10.17.2006, Ben 3.24.2009

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerwifemom
    Melissa, have you tried the shower? Wyatt loves it, especially because we have a detachable shower hose/head and he can hold it and control where the water goes. Wyatt will play in there by himself after we're done too and I can get myself ready. (hard to drown in a shower!). Also, Rachel detests getting her hair washed so we started giving her a wash cloth to hold over her eyes and that helps tremendously.
    Hi Heather. I did try the shower the other night, I was desperate - and last week we were at a toddler pool that also had a mushroom sprinkler, which was heavy like a shower. She wouldn't go all the way in it, but she seemed to get a kick out of it and get pretty close. I even got in the shower with her. Oh, no, that didn't go well, either. I've tried a visor with the hair-washing but it doesn't work for her. I dug it out again the other day and will try it again.... I'll be giving her a bath again tonight so we'll see how it goes... maybe I'll try the washcloth, too.

Nice to hear how everyone's doing. I hope to see a picture of C. soon, too! Amanda must be busy, huh?

Melissa How'd the bath go?

Jen It is pretty exciting in there these days. Several women have had some crazy fast deliveries! One woman's husband passed out while she was getting her epidural and he had to go to the ER--and then he missed the birth! Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerwifemom
    Melissa How'd the bath go?
    Thanks for asking, Heather. It went much better - but I "cheated." I took the bath with her. Got in, sat her between my legs, and she had a ball. Maybe she likes the security of me in there with her? I don't know. Anyway, thinking this is just the way it's going to have to be until she tells me "self" or "me" (translation: I want to take my bath by myself! ) I hope that's sooner rather than later. She played for about 15 minutes happily then started throwing her toys over the tub and standing up to get them, so I took that as a clue that bathtime was over, told her "no standing" and immediately took her out, which she protested - but no crying DURING the bath. No washing of the hair, either, though - that's only a once-a-week process at this point, thank god. Sometimes I think if I did it more often maybe she'd be more used to it, but I just can't put her through that torture.