Quantcast
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

Thread: Catholics?

Bump! I'm going to a wedding in a Catholic Church in May in Punta Cana. DS is in the wedding doing something with carrying a coin... I can't recall exactly but it may be a local tradition as the bride is from Puerto Rico. Anyway, My question though is do I need to get a dress with sleeves? Can I wear sleeveless and a wrap? Does it even matter anymore? I don't know what church it is in or how strict they are. I was thinking yes to sleeves to be on the safe side but that limits what I can buy.

I had a catholic wedding and wore a sleeveless dress.

I guess if it's a super traditional church you could always bring a wrap - not sure since it's in PuntaCana, but I wouldn't worry about getting a dress with sleeves.

I'd cover my shoulders just to be safe, especially if my son were in the wedding. But I really like to err on the safe side with such things.

I'd cover my shoulders just to be safe, especially if my son were in the wedding. But I really like to err on the safe side with such things.
    This. Where I live, we do see a lot sleeveless dresses at church, but, to error on the safe side, I'd definitely bring a wrap, just while in church.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

I married my ex-husband in a Catholic cathedral, and I wore a strapless dress as did my Mom and all my bridesmaids. My ex-MIL and SIL had sleeveless ones. I wouldn't worry about it, but you can certainly bring a wrap to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J + A

Oh yeah, at least one of my bridesmaids wore strapless! This was an Italian church too (in Canada), with a priest from Rome.

Default Catholics?

Depends on the church. If it's ultra traditional then shoulders need to be covered. These days however you're generally okay uncovered. IME, if there are dress code restrictions I've been notified ahead of time by the bride/family. I wouldn't worry about it otherwise.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Thanks everyone, that's about what I thought. In a few months look for me in the clothes thread as I search for a dress!