Quantcast

Thread: The Cut

Default In The Cut

Anyone else out there watching this? It is the first reality show in a while that seems very "fresh". I love how everyone is really into the challenges and the personalities are not really part of the "plotline" as much. It reminds me of the first season of The Apprentice in that way. The switching of the teams up every week is a great move.

Are you talking about the Tommy Hilfiger show "The Cut"?

YEAH, I think thats the show shes talking about.

I was wating for someone to start this thread. I really like this show. Although it is very much like the apprentice. I like the fact that they switch teams to keep it fresh and it gets them working with everyone.

I think Tommy is a bit of a dork though. LOL

Oh and the one person so far that drives me nuts though he works very well an hard is that kid that always says hes from the hood/ghetto BLAH BLAH BLAH and that he had nothing growing up. I hate when he says that all the time. I think he wants people to feel sorry for him or something. Like I said I do like him though and I am rooting for him.. he just has to lay off the growing up in the ghetto line.

LOL ya know what i thought was soo funny the week where the two had to go interview the celebs..LOL and that one guy ahd no idea who any of them were..Why did he want to go so badly if he had no idea who anyone was..Or did he just want to go casue he had a 1000 suit to wear.

Okay i could go on and on and give my review of each episode but I won't LOL

Another "The Cut" watcher here. I've watched each episode but every time it's on I can't help thinking that it's just a mix of "The Apprentice" and "Project Runway". I loved both of those shows and I don't think The Cut measures up. I think for starters if he is looking to hire someone to design a collection of clothing they should have all started with some clothing design experince. Also, I don't really like how he makes everything so dramatic in the "style Forum" with the haunting music and making them walk the Runway. And it might be just me, but it seems like he skips over a lot of people and kind of randomly pulls people into 'the pit' before elimination (although I'm sure some of this has to do with editing for time). Well despite all my criticism I guess it's obvious that I must like the show at least a little bit if I'm watching it every week, lol. (I prefer to blame it on the summer season and not having much elseto chose from ) One thing I did like was how they had to re-do the two nightclubs. And I agree with Disney Girl that Tommy is definitely a dork!

I so agree! I watch the show, but it does not compare to Project Runway, where the contestants individually designed clothes on each episode. The last episode of the Cut was the first time people had to design anything cotheswise. I would love to get to know each person's individual style to see how it would fit with the Tommy Hilfiger clothing style.

I can't wait for Project Runway to come back, but I'll keep watching the Cut in the meantime.

I really enjoy the show. I'm not sure who I want to win yet though.

Default The Cut

I know its been on for a few weeks, but is anyone BESIDES me and DB watching The Cut? I was so glad last night when Jeff got praised. I felt so bad for him and the whole jeans issue.
    K

Nevermind.. found the thread titled IN the cut below.. SORRY!

I have watched this show too...for some reason. Tommy is super annoying and most of the people don't seem very talented. I guess there must not be something on Thursdays when I've caught it It is kinda like Project Runway, but that show was great, and the people were very talented...I *heart* Jay! And I was very happy he won last season. Does anyone know when the next season will be?

I am a loyal watcher and I too thought that DH and I were the 'only ones' watching! lol.

I just watched 2 episodes back to back on TIVO. (We were out of town, what can I say ) In the first one, Tommy was eliminated and deservedly so. He went kind of 'power hungry crazy' with that dress task. Tommy's team should have had that task 'sewn up' (pun intended. lol) and instead, their 'dream team' of sewers and designers lost to a girl who had never designed a dress in her life! Sad, sad, sad. And what was that BS Tommy said at the end about 'the only mistake I made was showing Mr. Hilfiger my skills."

In the second episode I just watched, Julie was eliminated, although I thought Liz could have gone. True, Julie did next to nothing to contribute, but Liz was the one that called from NM and insisted that all of the patterns and colors and jewlery be ~authentic~ and not modern or trendy. Big mistake! I think Princess unfairly caught flak this week. She definately wanted the outfits to be more contemporary but Liz, Felix and Julie vetoed what she (and the others) wanted to do to make the clothes more marketable. I'm not quite sure why Tommy H. put Princess in the 'elimination area' this week unless he is still po'ed about her behavior in the Hamptons! lol.
    M and N 12-18-04