Quantcast
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default At it Again! PG w/#2 or more

I remember a thread somewhat like this on the "other" site and figured I'd start one here for those of us who are PG for the second (or more) time. I'm not really sure how to introduce a new thread like this, but I figure that here we can discuss what we are doing with our older children, how we feel during another pregnancy, since we have been here before, etc.
    E and T 5.12.02
    Maya makes 3 and ...Madeline makes 4.
    We're 3 for 3!: DD3 EDD July 9, 2009

Subscribing.
    My kiddos will, hopefully, be 2.5 years apart.

My Daughter, Rachel, was born on March 13, 2004 and I am due with number #2 the end of September. I work part time and hope to continue once this baby is born.

So far the morning sickness has been much less and I just feel much better this time around. I am hoping that the morning sickness stays at bay. We have only told our family so far and will make the offical announcement sometime after the first trimester.

Our kids will be 2 years 9 months apart, which is exactly the same distance as my sister and me. We haven't told DD what is going on, mostly because I am afraid that she would point to me and say baby in there. I think that we are going to do a first trimester hold out again, but I have a feeling that I wills start to show before that, so we will have to tell
    E and T 5.12.02

Hi there!

I really like the idea of this thread!
    My DS and DD are 14 months apart, and I am having number 3 on Feb. 28th. This baby will be 27 months younger than DS. So I will have three kiddos under 3 1/2!
    My DD is very excited about the baby- although she really wants a baby sister! Hopefully she won't be disappointed if it is another boy!
    DS likes to put his hands on my tummy and feel it move, but I don't think he really understands that a new baby is coming. But it is very sweet to see him pat my tummy and hug the "baby"!
    Anyway, looking forward to the journey with you all!

How fun! I would love to join!! DD is 14 months. #2 is due in August. It will make them 20 months apart. I am so excited and scared!

How about a QOTD:
    What scares you most about adding to your family?

For me it is time. I hope that I don't feel so overwhelmed that I am not able to be a good mommy to my kiddos. The first month or so with DD was HARD on me. Baby blues are no joke. I hope I am able to deal with that better.
    Ashley & Doug 6/28/03
    Danielle Judith 12/15/04 David Landen 8/3/06 Andrew Douglas 3/6/09

Good question! My biggest fear is that I won't ever be able to leave the house until either Maya stops taking naps (which hopefully won't be until she starts high school ) or the baby is on the same schedule. I am a stickler for somewhat scheduled napping, so I'm not willing to push either kid without a nap
    E and T 5.12.02

I'll join!

I have a 5 year old and an 11 month old. I am due with my 3rd Oct. 8th which will make the younger two only 19 months apart. The first two are 4 years and 10 months apart. We had our first by total suprise!

QOTD: What scares you most about adding to your family?

Definitely time with all 3 kids. My oldest is at an age where it's easier to spread my time out so it's not an issue right now. However, my baby right now needs sooooooo much attention. I'm afraid of having to take attention away from her and how she'll feel. It's going to be a big adjustment for her since she is the biggest mommy's girl EVER!
    dd 5/00 dd 3/05 ds 9/06 ds 4/08

I am expecting my third in September. My older two are 14 months apart & will be 3 & just turned 2 when this baby arrives. Jennz- very close to your situation.

What scares me most about a third is that I am going to be exhausted. DD only naps 75% of the time now & I know by Sept. she will be barely napping at all. She will be going to nursery school 2x a week but in the morning when DS will be awake. I know it will work out & my Mom will help when she can but it scares the crap out of me.
    Alli 06/11/03
    Will 09/03/04
    Owen 9/05/06

What scares me most about a third is that I am going to be exhausted. DD only naps 75% of the time now & I know by Sept. she will be barely napping at all. She will be going to nursery school 2x a week but in the morning when DS will be awake.
    I am really worried about that as well.
    I procrastinated the nursery school thing so long that now I can't get DD into a program this Fall. I really want to wait one more year to send her to school. But I am also so nervous about being home with all three of them all day, every day!! I'm really not sure how the nursing thing will go with two toddlers to take care of at the same time as I am trying to bf.
    We planned these babies to all be close, and we would actually like one more. It is just working out the logistics that is making me nervous!!
    I want them all to be happy and not feel like the baby is getting all my attention! So many things to worry about!!! And only 18 more days to prepare!!

OK...is anyone else concerned about DC #1 climbing/standing on their abdomen? It seems to make sense to me to not allow this anymore, but I'm not sure if I'm nuts or not. For example, when DD sits my lap, she sometimes climbs up me. What do you think?
    E and T 5.12.02