Quantcast
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Default Kansas City Ladies- Come on In!

I know there are at least a couple of you out there! Come in so we can all get to know each other!!!

Hello! I'm here. My husband and I have lived in Lawrence for almost five years now. We moved here in August 2000, when I started law school at KU. I'm now an attorney for the Kansas Legislature in Topeka, and Cliff is employed about 3/4 time and is working toward his education degree at KU.

We met while we were both students at K-State in Manhattan in the fall of 1997, and we've been together ever since. I got my BA in Journalism and Mass Communications from K-State in May 2000, and he moved to Lawrence with me even though we weren't even engaged yet. We finally got married in November 2002. We had our ceremony at Danforth Chapel on the KU campus and our reception at the Eldridge Hotel in downtown Lawrence.

I haven't been able to participate in any of the WC get-togethers yet, but I'd definitely like to try to if we do that again.

Hello ladies! I'm here! How are you summers going so far? Have you went on any vacations? In attempts to save money for a future baby, we went on a mini-vaca over Memorial Day weekend to St. Louis. We had a wonderful time. That city has so much to offer! When I was there I couldn't help but compare KC with STL and, as much as I love KC, I think STL has so much more to offer tourists.
    So any trips planned for either of you?
    Noa 3.23.06
    Maxwell 12.29.07
    Maeve 3.10.10

Add me to the bunch! I've been in KC for about 8 years, although I'm originally from MN by way of college in Omaha. My DH is a native.

Hi Bernie (at least I'm assuming your name is Bernie ). I'm the one who asked you a long time ago for OB/GYN recs. I'm not pg yet but hopefully will be before too much longer and I'm definitely going to go to the drs. at SMMC. Thanks again for your rec. Your son is adorable!
    Noa 3.23.06
    Maxwell 12.29.07
    Maeve 3.10.10

Hey ladies,

My boyfriend is from KC and he's a huge Chiefs fan. I would love to get tickets to a game and fly him out there as a surprise. I guess my question is, do you know if there is a particular game that I should try to get? And names of awesome BBQ restaurants that you may recommend? He unfortunately doesn't remember a lot of the restaurants even though he only moved from there 2 and a half years ago. Thanks!

sbgirl, is your bf a big drinker? I ask because there's a restaurant called The Granfalloon that offers decent packages where you buy tix for the game through them (I forget the price but it's very decent, considering everything you get) and it includes lower level tix to a game, transportatin to/from the restaurant (which is located on the Plaza-your bf is probably familiar with where this is), and a keg on the bus (all-you-can-drink). The bus is not nice, just a school bus. We've done it several times and it's REALLY fun. But it's definitely a party-type atmosphere so if he's a quiet, non-drinker, I don't know if I'd recommend it. The info for the Chiefs games are usually on the restaurant's website but I don't see it yet. It's usually under the "Special Events" link so I'd keep checking back until they have it up.

As for the restaurants I'd recommed. My Dh and I could recommend quite a few so it will probably depend on what area of town you'll be staying. Do you know what general area you'll be staying?
    Noa 3.23.06
    Maxwell 12.29.07
    Maeve 3.10.10

ShannonGH, I've actually been there. We met up with his friends there the last time we were in town. I'll have to check it out. The tickets don't go on sale until late July so I'll check their site around that time.

I have no idea where I'm planning to stay. Usually I hit up priceline for hotels and I also have to take into consideration that his best friend is in Harrisonville. So it might be better if we were near there. But then he always has to visit Cabela's and I want to visit Zona Rosa again since I think most of the stores are open now. Ah, decisions, decisions.

If you do use priceline, I'd suggest staying in the Overland Park, KS area. It's in between the downtown/Plaza area and Harrisonville, on the south side of town. Let me know where you decide on staying and I'd be happy to make restaurant recommendations!
    Noa 3.23.06
    Maxwell 12.29.07
    Maeve 3.10.10

artist Guest

I am going to be there this weekend (tomorrow night actually and leaving Sunday) for my friend's wedding that I am in! And I lived there for a couple of years. I haven't been there in 4 years though, so this should be interesting. Unfortunately DH won't be with me which kinda sucks, but I am sure I'll have lots of fun anyway!