Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gift idea for sister who has everything??

I have a week to go and have not bought anything for my sister, who has everything you would ever want. She hates "clutter" in her house and would not want a picture frame, vase, or something along those lines that would take up space, in her opinion. She is 34, loves cute clothes, good makeup, cooking, traveling, reading, and exercise.

We typically spend $100-$150 on each other, and I am SO out of ideas. Last year I got her a gift certificate to her favorite local restaurant and would like to do something different this year. Any ideas?

Spa gift certificate? A good knife?

Jewelry? Like a cute, nice costume set of matching earring, necklace, bracelet?

Spa: I've done this one too many times, for birthdays and Christmas.
    Knife: She is flying to see me, so that doesn't really work well.
    Jewelry: She is super picky and far trendier than I am. I would somehow pick the wrong thing.

Ack. So far these are all great ideas, just not the right thing for her. Sigh...any other ideas out there???

I think that when you're trying to find a gift for such a close person the best thing is to walk and walk (or click and click) until you get one of those "aha" moments.

Apart from that, from a rather clutterless person, I'd suggest something like a year of gourmet teas or coffees or brownies, etc. (Those that would be sent once a month to her house; e.g. from www.adagio.com), a basket with special kitchen utensils and a cookbook, or, if all else fails, a general gift certificate from giftcertificates.com!

Sol.

What about a night in a nice hotel? I don't know where you /she lives but what about a day cruise in the bay or

maybe an e-book reader with some e-books

a couple of sessions with a personal trainer? ( I have no idea how much they cost)

Maybe stop by a store like William Sonoma? They have a lot of neat stuff in there...

Sol: Love your ideas! I am going to check into that!
    Mama: She travels all the time and can pretty much stay wherever! And she already does the personal training thing. Again...
    Calla: WS is a great idea! I will keep that idea and possibly get her a nice big package of goodies (new utensils, placemats, etc.)

Hmmmm...you all have such great ideas! I really appreciate all the different directions you have pointed me in so far. Thanks!

What about some new workout clothes? I know that is something that I tend to not buy for myself but it's always so fun to have new, spiffy workout clothes. Have you checked out UnderArmour clothes? (www.underarmour.com) Their fabric is awesome.

What about tickets to an event or concert? A cooking class at Sur la Table or Williams-Sonoma? Tickets to a wine tasting dinner at a favorite restaurant? Aveda or Philosophy products are great. Do you have a Sephora nearby? They have great stuff.

underarmour is great for running in cold weather. i love their stuff!!