Quantcast

Default Help! Please with a gift idea

My DH's cousin has a baby who is just over 6 months old. We are at a loss as to what to get them for a gift. The baby is all set. I was thinking of some wine and pasta in a gift basket...like the special, fun kind of pasta shapes, but I can't find any. Then I was thinking about a movie at home gift basket, but I can't see them using that.

In addition to having a baby, they also take care of her mother who is very ill.

TIA!

What about a gift certificate for a restaurant and/or a home delivery of food service? I believe there are places like that, though I can't think of any - you may find some with an Internet search...? If they have a baby and are taking care of an ill mother, they may appreciate the time-saver. Then you could spruce it up by putting the gift card in a basket with a bottle of wine or something?
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Cost Plus and Sur la Table sells shaped pastas - although you'll have better selection if you search online (like this place)
    There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself. - Thoreau

Thank you Katy! I'm going to order a few pastas from there. That was exactly what I was looking for and I don't have either of those stores near me.

what about the offer of a night off. Maybe loan them your house and you go to theirs for the night and help take care of her mom and their baby. They would maybe like a night away.
    I used to be Poopsie over yonder.