View Full Version : How often do you wear make-up?

06-29-2005, 03:23 PM
How many days a week do you wear make-up?

06-29-2005, 03:50 PM
but that's only because I'm not working (in an office) right now. When I have to see clients, I wear make-up. And when we go out, I sometimes where make-up. I tend to wear it to cover up my blemishes and scars, but since I've stopped wearing it, my face is looking great! Go figure (I do know that it was mostly due to my wearing MAC foundation - that stuff was too icky for me - I loved it, but it just didn't love me)

06-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Sometimes I wear less makeup (especially during the weekends when I either wear no makeup or just a little - maybe some mascara and some color on my cheeks)

TX Sweetheart
06-29-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm a SAHW so the only time I wear make-up is the rare occasions we make it to church, and then it's usually just foundation and lip gloss... though I do have assorted eyeshadow and mascara as well...
But I'm starting back to school in August/September and so I'll probably start wearing make-up every day (that I have class)

06-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I wear make-up every day. I never wear foundation, but I always wear mascara and blush. When I'm at work or my internship, I wear a little more. When I go out, I like sparkly eye shadows or bright lipsticks.

06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
I work in tv and wear WAY too much during the week. So unless I have a big event on the weekend, I go without. I like to give my pores a break, lol.

The really scarey part though, is when people recognize me (I'm a weather anchor, BTW) when I'm grocery shopping or something without makeup on. I must look awful compared to what they're used to!

06-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Phil would prefer that I wear it more often, but I only wear it for "special occasions". If we're going to his parents' house, I don't, but if we're taking them out to dinner, I do. I've never been a makeup person... eyeliner and lipstick are my "if we're going somewhere that I want to look nice". If I'm going to a wedding or something really nice, I'll do the whole nine yards - foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara. That's happened three times this year so far.

06-29-2005, 04:16 PM
I wear makeup every day I work and nearly every Saturday. Sunday is a crap shoot. If we're going somewhere then yes; if not, no dice. ;)

06-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Honestly, when I'm in school I rarely wear make up. I'm just lucky to be there at 8AM. I always wear make up with clients, or for just myself (and of course DH) on weekends) I sincerely can not think of eyeshadow when I'm getting ready for class. (Perhaps being married has something to do with that)

06-29-2005, 04:21 PM
I wear it whenever I work or go out. Now, if it's just for ice cream or a quick trip here or there, I don't wear it. I don't wear it around home.

06-29-2005, 04:28 PM
unfortunatley, for my pores at least, each and every day (unless on Sunday if I am not going anywhere).

I have very light features so I feel nude without mascara or eye makeup.

I wear:

a tad of blush and some sort of lipgloss.

06-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Since beauty is my biz - I wear it everyday!

06-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Everyday of the week except ocassional Sundays when I don't even leave the house.

06-29-2005, 05:37 PM
4-5 days, but it's pretty light make up. People don't usually think I am wearing any.

06-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Definitely M-F for work, but I only use it on the weekends if I'm going somewhere that matters (not just the market or carwash, etc). I don't wear much though, just mascara, blush and lipgloss.

06-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Pretty much everyday. I wouldn't be caught at work without it. In the summer, I am more likely to go without because I have more color. In the winter, I'm more self concious about going without. I'm very fair and just doesn't look good, IMO.

06-29-2005, 07:36 PM
I love wearing makeup! However, in the summer I don't wear it nearly as much as I do when the weather is cooler. On special occasions, I wear it in the Summer. My perfect make up at the moment is a pair of dark Sunglasses and lip gloss.... keeping my eyebrows waxed also helps!

06-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I wear some form of makeup everyday. On low-key days, it's just moisturizer with a little bronzer, eyebrow powder and blush. Blush is my thing. I have to have it on at all times.

06-30-2005, 01:41 AM
I wear makeup every day to work, and then usually out on the weekends... I only skip it on the days when I stay home the whole day, or just over to my parents house or the grocery store or whatever.

06-30-2005, 02:51 AM
I wear makeup a couple times a week...and it's usually a light combination(unless I'm doing something special, like date night w/DH or out with GFs):
Bronzer & mascara & gloss...something like that. I almost always have on mascara & lipstick/gloss (gloss for spring/summer & usually some sort of red for fall/winter:)).

Once in a while I'll go for a few days without...then it kind of feels good to get "prettied up." I live for summer when I get some color on my face and don't feel like I want anything but mascara & gloss.

06-30-2005, 03:08 AM
If you can even believe it - I have NEVER worn makeup on a daily basis. I also don't curl or blow dry my hair on a daily basis! I guess I am low maintenance in that department. I can't even imagine what time I would have to wake up in the morning to be ready in time if I did! Sometimes though I think I should so I could be pretty!

06-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Probably pretty much every day. Even if I'm just sitting around at home, I'll put on lipgloss and mascara. I just really enjoy playing around with the stuff. It's funny, because I'll be wandering around the house in sweatpants and a ratty t-shirt, but have a full face of makup on. :D

06-30-2005, 10:07 AM
I wear make-up pretty much every day. Although the make-up I wear to work is much more low key.

06-30-2005, 10:14 AM
I wear make-up 3-4 times a week, only if I'm meeting with someone in particular. Usually a light foundation, eyeliner & mascara. If I'm going out I'll put on some eyeshadow.

I go through phases, though. For a few weeks here and there I find myself wanting to be dramatic & put on make-up every day.

06-30-2005, 10:33 AM
I wear make up one or two days a week, and that's usually just mascara and maybe eyeliner. I only wear what I consider to be full makeup probably twice a month.

06-30-2005, 10:44 AM
I love wearing makeup! However, in the summer I don't wear it nearly as much as I do when the weather is cooler. On special occasions, I wear it in the Summer. My perfect make up at the moment is a pair of dark Sunglasses and lip gloss.... keeping my eyebrows waxed also helps! This is exactly what I do. In the winter I wear makeup almost every single day (well M-F and at night on the weekends if we go out). In the summer I carely wear it bc I feel like it's melting off my face.

Baby Lust
06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Everyday, full makeup! Foundation, eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, lip gloss. Every. Day.

07-01-2005, 07:41 AM
I am not a makeup person (anymore) I wore it every day when I was in High School, but I moved to Texas and stopped wearing it. It's too dang hot down here to wear foundation, I don't wear that at all. When we are going out, I will do my eyes and lips. I wear lip gloss to work (sometimes) but that's it.

I'm glad I stopped, I started feeling like a slave to it. Like I couldn't leave the house without it, which would annoy DH. DH likes that I only wear it on certain occaisions. He says it really makes me look special when we go out, versus me just looking like I do every day.

07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
My problem with wearing it in the summer is that it slides off my face! Also my top lips sweats... Right now I am looking for new colors. It's kind of hard to find good colors when you are as dark as I am and not look like a trollop at the same time! :eek:

07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I used to wear it daily, without fail. About two months ago my face magically cleared up (finally!) and I've only been wearing makeup once or twice a week since then, depending on what I'm doing that day. Once school starts again in August I'll probably wear it during the week but less than before. It's wonderful!

07-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Always M-F for work, but only on the weekends if I am going somewhere other than errands. I don't wear that much even when I do: Power, blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara & gloss or lipstick.

07-01-2005, 01:01 PM
About the farthest out of the house I'll go without a full face of makeup on is out to the mailbox. :eek: My skin & complexion & blemishes just are NOT pretty without some camoflage. Of course, wearing all that makeup every day doesn't help matters in that department...it's sort of a vicious cycle. :p

07-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Every single day -- unless I'm sick. I have very dark circles under my eyes, and I can't stand to go out and be seen without concealer. I also always wear mascara. And ever since I started using Bare Minerals foundation, I've found that my skin looks so awesome with it on that I don't like to go without it too often, but I do sometimes.

07-01-2005, 04:11 PM
How many days a week do you wear make-up?

Everyday to work, and usually if I go out somewhere on the weekends, although, if I am feeling particularly casual on a weekend, say a Sunday for example, I have no problem going without.

I don't wear much, face powder, mascara, and lip balm...maybe the occasional eyebrow pencil :)

07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I voted for: Almost every day, but not every single day.

07-03-2005, 03:16 AM
Now, I rarely wear makeup except for special events. It's varied over the years--I started off with lipstick and eyeliner in high school, went to almost a "full face" in college (but no foundation or cover-up, just loose powder to blot oil), and then before marriage, I used to wear at least lipstick everyday and MAC's blot powder.

Now, it's just Shiseido oil-blotting papers (so no powder at all) and Prescriptive Lip balm (in Icy, the clear one).

As a side note, I also had a high-maintenance short haircut in college (think Jennie Garth's short hair from 90210 or like Gwyneth's short hair) when I was putting on so much makeup. Now, it's back to a layered shoulder length cut that is often pulled into a french twist or ponytail. I've gotten lazy in my "old married lady" stage! :p

07-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Everyday it's the same for me, foundation, eye shadow, mascara, light blush and lip gloss. I don't go overboard, but I feel naked without it on. I would love to go make-up less more often, because i'm sure my skin can use a break. Maybe I will try it on the weekends, unless I am meeting with clients :)

07-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I can count the number of times a year that I wear make-up. I guess I just don't feel comfortable in it all.

The times I do put anything on my face, it is lip gloss and maybe some eyeliner.

07-03-2005, 05:27 PM
I wish I didn't have to wear make-up... but I do.
I have pretty bad skin and I always have red marks and/or scars on my face from picking at blackheads or whatnot (I know, my bad).
So I HAVE to put concealer on those marks, or else I'd probably scare small children away. I try to stay away from foundation though, as that really clogs up my pores.

I had a wedding to go to this past Friday and my skin was just awful. So I had to suck it up and put on concealer, foundation, powder, the works, just to camouflage those bastards.

So if I'm going out (even if it's just to the grocery store), I have to put some make-up on.
If I'm staying home all day, I give my skin a break.