View Full Version : New Type of Perm ?

09-23-2005, 07:19 AM
I saw a breif clip about anew type of perm. It is suppose to make more natural looking curls. Instead of regular rollers the rods look like big jacks. Does anyone know anything about this? I am very interested to try it out. I have pin straight hair and love the look of rollers but never have the time anymore. I have called a few salons and they don't know what I'm talking about so if it has a specific name or if you know anywhere I can try to find it. I live in NY not upstate but not close to the city either. In the HV region.

09-23-2005, 10:23 AM
I'd be curious about this too. I love curling my hair with rollers but my last ones broke and I don't have the time either. Do you know what this type of perm is called?

09-23-2005, 11:13 AM
No I don't know what it's called. I have been calling up salons asking if they do the perm where the rollers look like jacks. I wish I could remember where I saw this to try to get more info.

09-23-2005, 03:20 PM
It was on a special E! show. I asked my hair stylist about it and he just groaned at the thought of a perm :) It did look really pretty though. You might want to try searching their sight.

09-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Has a perm become taboo in the hair/beauty industry? I think this is the reaction alot of hair stylist have. Perhaps it is because it's hard to create a really good perm and only the exceptional few can pull it off ;) Alot can go wrong with a perm but the same can be said for coloring, having it chemically straigtened, etc...I don't know what the difference really is?

ETA: I tried to find some more info and the only thing I found (no pics sorry) was the term "Texturing Perm". From the description it sounds like a looser more natural looking curl.