View Full Version : Forth & Towne?

09-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has checked out the lastest in the Gap, Inc. stores. I know there are just a few locations right now. I checked it out today......it was very interesting. The store itself was very nice and the dressing rooms were adorable. each one was decorated differently....so cute. The service was very good. They offer you bottled water and pretty much cater to your every whim....sort of like a personal shopper. The clothes were decent....there are four lines (I think that is how many). It is definitely catered to an "older" crowd. Not teens. One thing I did notice was that all of the pants I tried on sat right on your waist :rolleyes: Not sure if that is good or bad, but it was odd after getting used to everything sitting on your hips. Anyway, I was just hoping to compare experiences!

09-11-2005, 05:54 PM
This store finds divine! I wish we had one in TN.

09-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I saw the segment they did on the "Today" show. The store is targeted at woman 35+. That is probably the deal with the fit :)

I saw the four lines and some of the clothes on tv- it looked really nice and stylish!

09-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm planning to take my mom to check it out next week.

ETA: Since I assume you are in Illinois, do you mind sharing which location you went to?

09-11-2005, 08:04 PM
MSNBC article on Forth & Towne (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9054063/)

09-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Laura....I went to the Old Orchard location. Like I said, the store is very nice. I ultimately did not buy anything, but I am definitely planning on returning soon. The prices were decent....I would say on the whole more than a Gap, but maybe a little less than a BR. I did not see anything over $250. I am definitely taking my mom to check it out. I know she will like it. One of the lines, I forget which one it was, reminded me of Eileen Fisher which my mom loves.

My only complaint was that they were out of my size in many items. I think there was probably a rush when they first opened and they have not replenished yet. So clothes in size small were often sold out.....mainly in the shirts, sweaters, etc. They had most sizes in the pants. Also, they do not carry a size XS, but they do have size 2s in pants, etc. It is interesting with the sizing....I found it to run bigger than Gap or BR. At those stores I typically wear a small. I found that at F&T several of the size S tops were a bit big on me. Some did fit though.

I would love to hear any one else's thoughts...

09-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I went to the Old Orchard store too. I really liked the clothes - they would be very easy to wear to work in a business casual environment. It reminded me of a cross between BR and Ann Taylor Loft. The pants I tried on hit me below my waist, but above my hips, which I actually like better for wearing to work. I think a lot of their stuff caters to the 35 and over crowd, but a lot of it would work for younger people too - I'm under 30.

09-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Is 'Forth & Towne' supposed to be the new name for the Gap???

09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
No, it's a new store owned by Gap, Inc - the same company that owns Banana Republic and Old Navy. If you read the article posted above, it fully explains it, and it says that Forth and Towne is supposed to be for women 35+, with prices in between Gap and Banana Republic.

09-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Nope, didn't read the article...going there right now. Thanks