View Full Version : Home Spa Experience?

09-06-2005, 07:03 PM
So I'm in serious need of a spa night....:)

We live about an hour from any spa or anything remotely pampering! I've only been to one place for a pedicure once, and I was so nervous i don't remember much about it. So...

I had the idea to make myself one here! I have a huge jacuzzi in my bathroom, and plenty of time to boot. I know I need candles, soft music, and what?

Anyone care to share what they do to have a spa night at home?

09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I love spa nights! I try to have them every Sunday night before going to bed. I don't do candles because fire freaks me out :D I have this jet thing I can attach to my bathtub so I use that with lots of bubbles. I grab a bunch of magazines I haven't had a chance to read and bring them into the tub with me. But if I really truly need to relax, I just use my two favorite products and zone out for 15 minutes.

My two favorite spa products are from Borghese (http://www.borghese.com/products.cfm?c=sp&cat=29):

Fango Delicato Active Mud for Delicate Dry Skin (it feels amazing! I mostly just use it on my face and neck while I relax in a bubble bath)

Botanico Eye Compresses (put these in the fridge and they feel like cold cucumber slices)

After that, I feel very refreshed. Then I wash my hair, do some shaving, refill the bathtub with fresh water, add more bubbles and just hang out. I could stay in there for 2 hours. It's the only ME time I get without FH or the doggies in my face during the weekend, lol :D

Have fun! Spa nights are good for the soul :p

09-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm a big fan of bath salts. You can get some really nice smelling ones from just about anywhere -- Target or the drugstore.

I really, really love the bath bombs sold by Lush. They fizz when you drop them in the bath. They scent the water and your skin. Some have sparkles or petals in them, though I avoid those because then you have to clean them out of the tub . . . Here's what they are:

You can purchase the bombs here:
http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/catzoom.html?mv_arg=Bath%20Bombs:expand=00003:upd= y

09-06-2005, 08:30 PM
I second the bath salts. One year for Christmas, me & my ex's son made homemade bath salts- they were a big hit! Just buy some epsom salts, some essential oil (Bath & Body Works used to have a good selection, I would imagine they still do), and food coloring. Put some salt, oil, and food coloring in a ziploc bag, close it with lots of air in it, and shake! We got small canning jars to put them in, spray painted the tops silver, and tied ribbons aorund them. Not that that really answers your spa night question, but I know what a do-it-yourselfer you are, and figured you might enjoy them more if you made them yourself!

09-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Do you have a foot soaker? I try to give myself pedicures every other week...manicures weekly. It really helps just to pamper yourself! I have a Dr. Scholls foot spa that I fill with lukewarm water. I have mint foot oil from Bath & Body Works so I drop a few drops into the water and let my feet soak with the nice jets.

I rarely take baths...can't even remember the last time that I did, so I don't have any suggestions in that area.

How about a facial steamer too? I have one by Conair...you just fill with water and turn it on. Place your face over it and steam away. Then perhaps put a nice mask on? Bath & Body Works has some nice masks...I love the Pumpkin one (was featured on Oprah a few years back). Even Avon has some nice smelling facial masks.