View Full Version : What top with white skirt?

07-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I didn't think finding a top to go with a white skirt would be that hard, but iit's turning out to be pretty difficult. I bought a really cute white eyelet lace skirt from Old Navy about a month ago, and I have yet to find a top that looks good with it. Any suggestions/ideas?

07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
a nice black shirt and black shoes would be cute.

07-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I have a white eyelet skirt as well which is knee-length - I wear it with a lime green sleeveless v-neck sweater and sandals (I actually have lime green sandals, but tan would work too). I've also seen other sleeveless sweaters that wraps or tie around the waist - I think those would be really cute too.

07-25-2005, 01:17 PM
I've done lime green and black with my white capris, always with a dark shoe. I think any bright or deep color would work - pastels wash me out but if you can wear them they might work.

07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
I have the exact same skirt you are talking about. I wear it with just about anything--white's a neutral! But an easy start--try a chocolate brown or pale yellow tank top or halter top, plus a pair of silver or gold sandals. Throw a blue denim jacket on top.

07-25-2005, 02:08 PM
why not a black tank top with a turquoise necklace and denim jacket?

07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I have a white linen skirt from the Gap and I wear it w/ pretty much anything except white. I generally avoid something too tailored, like a polo shirt, b/c I don't think it goes w/ the style of mine, but any T/tank/halter whatever top in almost any color would work. Probably most often I wear it w/ black, but chocolate brown, lavender, pink, etc all work as well.

07-25-2005, 02:52 PM
I have a white skirt I wear with bright, solid shirts - lime green, chocolate brown, eggplant, royal blue - those are my favorites.

07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
I really like chocolate brown with white--a little less stark than black/white, but easy to wear and goes really well with this season's metallics trend. Also maybe try some wood jewelry. I love that with eyelet!

If you get super ambitious you can try wearing a striped shirt with your eyelet. I have a multicolor-stripe sweater and it looks cute with the skirt and a pair of beige strappy heels.

OK I'm getting carried away. ;)

07-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Wow, you guys are great! :) Thanks for all the suggestions. I knew it shouldn't be that hard, but none of my tops seemed to work. I really like the idea of a denim jacket to go with it. I'm going shopping tomorrow, so hopefully I'll find something.