View Full Version : Where to find backless top or dress?

07-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Kristen and I are planning to go out a couple of time in the next 6 months - one semi-formal dinner and one more formal affair. I've always wanted to wear a truly backless dress or top. Not any of that stuff that people say is backless, but it would barely hit below a bra line...I'm talking Monique L'huillier wedding dresses from three years ago backless, red carpet backless.

Any one know where to find truly backless dresses and tops?

07-24-2005, 10:02 PM
I'd browse around Bluefly (http://www.bluefly.com). Here are a few pictures I found that might be along the lines of what you're looking for:

Nicole Miller, $300

Nicole Miller, $225 (not truly backless, but quite low and gorgeous nonetheless)

Y-Yigal, $225

A.B.S., $115

A.B.S., $180

A.B.S., $180

Hello Kitty
07-25-2005, 09:41 AM
I just tried one on at Nordstrom Rack - it was in their formal dress section, and looked much like the ABS one posted above, without the gathers on the backside. Unfortunately I have nowhere to wear it, but tried it on just for fun. :p

Bigger department stores should start getting their homecoming dresses in, and it seems like it's a popular style. I'd probably check those sections out.

07-25-2005, 01:20 PM
If you have one near you, I love Cache for evening wear. I have a backless beaded halter gown from there that is just gorgeous.