View Full Version : Good cheap-ish shompoo and conditioner for long, DRY hair?

07-07-2005, 01:14 PM
I can't bring myself to spend a ton of money on hair produtcs. I have very pretty long hair and it gets very dry, especially on the ends, despite the fat that I don't wash it every day and rarely blow dry it or use any heat on it. I need shampoo and conditioner suggestions that don't cost a lot, and possibly also a once a week type deep conditioner. Tell me about your great products!

07-07-2005, 01:26 PM
What do you consider cheap-ish?

I really like John Frieda Brunette line for shampoo & conditioner. And for weekly deep conditioning, I use his conditioner from Frizz-ease line.

07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I really like Dove for my hair. I use the the Moisture Rich Color Shampoo (and Conditioner) for Medium to Thick Color Treated Hair. I've found that the conditioner is thick enough to really coat my hair well but doesn't weight it down. The smell isn't bad either-- kinda clean smelling.

I just picked up a bottle for $2.79 at Target yesterday.

07-07-2005, 04:37 PM
http://aussie.com/images/products/cd_3min_deep.gifI love love love this stuff! It also helps to get the frizzes out. I went without cutting my hair for over a year (bad, I know), and had zero split ends, using this stuff :) It's great, and under $4 a bottle.

07-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll second the 3 Minute Miracle! The deeeeep formula is great.

07-08-2005, 01:47 PM
My hair's short now, but when it was long, I loved Finesse. Also love the Brilliant Brunette, but can't say how it will be on long hair. My favorite overall, though, is this Natural Organics stuff I got at Whole Foods. I'll have to tell you what it's called after I get home and look, but it was brown and in a tub-ish bottle...smelled terrible, but my hair looked AWESOME. Never dry, never frizzy (and I have frizz issues).

07-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Pantene has a deep conditioner that I used to use a couple times a week on my highlighted (i.e., dry) hair. I have tried many expensive salon products and thought the Pantene was just as good.

07-10-2005, 02:51 PM
garniar fruitic long and strong.. it works wonders. and is cheapish i think i don't spend lots on hair stuff either

07-11-2005, 08:05 AM
I have to second the pantene comment....I get the "family size" bottle from Walmart/Target (its cheaper at target near me) for like $7 and it lasts me over 2 months, and I would say I have great hair...I like the "smooth and sleek" variety...it is by far my favorite...
I would also reccommend staying away from the volumizing esp if you have dry hair - it isn't as moisturizing bc it takes some out so that you can have more volume...

07-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I third the Pantene Conditioner! I use the Color Care version. I have tried SO many different products and this is the only conditioner that makes my hair feel healthy. I have long hair too and tend to use a ton, it's around $3.50 so I don't feel so bad using so much!

07-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I tried the 3 Minute Miracle and it's, well, it's a Miracle! I've used it one time and I can see such a difference. Hopefully this isnt' what I call the Hair holiday where my hair always seem sto look great for the first couple weeks of a new shampoo adn then's it's back to the usual. I might pcik up some of the Pantene as well so I can alternate. (I seem to get better results with hair stuff if I have two different kinds that I use every other wash.) Thanks!!!