Reclassification: (Center) Program Specialist I
This is to document the reclassification of (CENTER) Administrative Support Assistant I (administrative Assistant) to Program Specialist I as of DATE.
Following the sudden resignation of Old employee on June 24th, 2005, her job responsibilities were primarily re-assigned to the (CENTER)’s Administrative Assistant, Ms. Villanelle. Over the last six months, Ms. Villanelle has taken on new and expanded responsibilities and demonstrated both initiative and flexibility. As a new assistant has recently been hired, we are requesting reclassification in order to enable Ms. Villanelle to continue on in her new role as the (CENTER)’s Programs and Events Coordinator. Her performance in these duties has been exemplary.
In the context of her new position, Ms. Villanelle’s duties now include:
• planning and attending key (CENTER) events (e.g. Big Event name, the (CENTER)’s annual two-day signature event, and the Event series Name series speaking engagements);
• coordinating student recruiting;
• developing relationships with community partners;
• coordination of information and services to community partners;
• development; marketing of (CENTER) events;
• public relations;
• supervising and coordinating the writing, editing, and publishing of the (CENTER) newsletter;
• promoting awareness of the (CENTER) to students and community members;
• interacting with senior-level executives both internally (e.g. The (CENTER)’s Advisory Board) and externally (Organization, Organization, and key business partners and sponsors); and
• other duties in support of the day-to-day operations of programs and projects.
Additional duties include supporting events and initiatives that sustain other (CENTER) programs, including the Program name, name, and name; and other duties as assigned.
In summary, Ms. Villanelle has shown outstanding initiative and flexibility in meeting the expanded scope of responsibilities, duties, and challenges that come with this new position. These changes in job description and her grace in meeting these challenges justify a re-classification to Program Specialist I.