Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how long do your bras last?

The bra threads got me thinking--how long do you wear your bras until they are stretched out or misshapen and need replacing?

I've been wearing VS Very Sexy and they just don't seem to last. They cups start to turn out after a few months. For $38 they should hold up several years, IMO. What do you think is a reasonable amount of time?
    Writing: a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Mine last years bc I hand wash them. I only have VS bras.
    "He who knows he has enough is rich" - Lao Tzu
    --<--@ Tiffany @-->--
    LJ ~ Chart

Mine started lasting longer when I stopped putting them in the dryer. I wash on delicate cycle then hang dry, and that usually gets me a year or two out of them. Of course,I have no VS, because her secret is, she doesn't make bras in bigger sizes!

YEARS! I have some bras that are at least 10 years old, if not more. But I have a ton of bras so many of them don't get worn all that often. The ones I do wear frequently still seem to last a couple of years.

FWIW, I never handwash them anymore--they go into the washing machine and the dryer.

I don't buy VS bras anymore since they no longer fit me right.

mine last about a year. I don't do anything special, the VS are the best i think i jstu get their lingerie washing detergent and go at it. it like keeps them brand new. IT is usually on sale too.
    EDD 12/12/2006 It's a girl

A few years- 3 to 4 average. They are all Victoria's Secret bras, any other ones I have don't fit so I should really just get rid of them. I wash them in a lingerie bag, cold water, on delicate cycle, and hang to dry. (I was all of my clothes this way actually, everything looks new for years.)
    - Natalie

A few years, although VS do seem to last less than others. I now wear CK, DK and Natori. I wash them in the regular cold cycle in the lingerie bag and sometimes I remember not to put them in the dryer and sometimes I don't.

I have all VS bras about 3-4 I wear regularly. Mine last for about a year because I am not very good at washing them. The problem with mine is that the back band gets too big and doens't fit. Shame on VS for no longer carrying 32's!
    Marriage : 1.15.05
    Benjamin : 4.26.06 : William : 4.7.08
    Samuel Evans is here! Born 10.11.10 weighing 9lbs 6oz and 23" long

I keep mine WAY too long, but I've heard that they should be replaced every six months because the elastic starts breaking down!

I usually keep mine 3-4 years or until they fall apart
    DD 1/12/06

I usually wear Maidenform. I wash them on permanent press with socks and undies. I dry them on permanent press as well. They usually last about 3 years. The cotton bras last longer than the microfiber ones. Oh, and they are all underwire. Usually when they breakdown it is because the underwire has come out.

I do not wear VS ones because they have to be "coddled" when washed. I do not have the patience or time for it! With my wash patterns, VS only last about 6 months.