Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oregonians

HB~If you're still looking I have a great real estate agent and real estate company that we worked with. The company is http://www.hasson.com and they are a great local company that has really knowledgeable agents...our agent is Lee McKnight who is most knowledgeable about actual Portland (not the burbs) She is a spitfire!

Hi Ladies. I just wanted to pop in here and say that I'll be moving up to Oregon soon (within the next 3 weeks) to Clackamas County. If anyone knows of any places for rent please let me know as I'm determined to find something before I go. Looking for a single family on a dead end or cul-de-sac that backs into a wooded area and is not near any major roads (have two cats). Rent to be around $1,000/month.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all of you, and hopefully attend a get together if you ever have them.
    "What’s the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?" "Same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns."~ The Office

Jambray - Is there a particular city you are looking into? Clackamas County is quite large...I did a quick on the Oregonian's site for rental houses in Clackamas (the city) and didn't come up with anything...I do have some friends that live in Clackamas County, so maybe I can have them keep an eye out...just would be easier if you know which area of Clackamas County you would like...

Good luck with your move up here!

Quote Originally Posted by steph111397 View Post
    Jambray - Is there a particular city you are looking into? Clackamas County is quite large...I did a quick on the Oregonian's site for rental houses in Clackamas (the city) and didn't come up with anything...I do have some friends that live in Clackamas County, so maybe I can have them keep an eye out...just would be easier if you know which area of Clackamas County you would like...

Good luck with your move up here!
    Yeah steph, I'm looking in and around West Linn, since that's where my friend is at. I'd like to be about 10-15 min. from her, so I'm currently scoping out West Linn, Oregon City, Lake Oswego. That would be great if your friends could keep an eye out! Let me know if they know/hear of anything, and thanks!
    Last edited by JamBray; 07-26-2007 at 09:38 AM.
    "What’s the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?" "Same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns."~ The Office

Well I found a place in Oregon City, and will be moving there September 1. Aside from all of the crap that's causing this move, I'm really looking forward to starting over in a new place.

Any Oregonians (is that right) still around? Just founf out yesterday that my friend (and her DH and 2 kids) are moving cross country to Euegene He will be working at UO, she is a SAHM. Any tips on enighborhoods to look in? Family friendly, good schools, etc.

She's headed out there in a couple of weeks to house hunt. Anything else you can tell me about Eugene that I can share with her? Happy for her, but sad to have my friend move all the way across the country.
    Robyn & Scott - August 29, 2004
    * SM - July 17, 2007 *
    * BH - APRIL 14, 2010 *

Quote Originally Posted by RobynScott View Post
    Any Oregonians (is that right) still around? Just founf out yesterday that my friend (and her DH and 2 kids) are moving cross country to Euegene He will be working at UO, she is a SAHM. Any tips on enighborhoods to look in? Family friendly, good schools, etc.

She's headed out there in a couple of weeks to house hunt. Anything else you can tell me about Eugene that I can share with her? Happy for her, but sad to have my friend move all the way across the country.
    While I lived in Oregon for 10 year I never lived in Eugene but have friends who did when they were younger. From what I know it is a very divided town...seems like everyone is either elderly or a college student. If I were your friend I'd be tempted to rent a place (there are a ton of rental houses since it's a college town) and be there for at least 6 months before I settled in for sure. They may like being close to campus for her DH's job, but conversely might want to be away from the campus for privacy.

UGH! I was hoping for her sake she'd find lots of families with kids. Maybe people related to the university? Her kids are 4 and 2. I know she is hoping to avoid renting, but maybe she will need to.

Thanks for the advice!
    Robyn & Scott - August 29, 2004
    * SM - July 17, 2007 *
    * BH - APRIL 14, 2010 *