Quantcast

Default How much do your Cat's annual exams cost?

With exam and shots, how much do you pay? I'm just curious if our vet runs low or high. He is a "housecall" vet, so I know we pay a premium for that, but I wondered how much.

Our cat just had his annual exam and shots, and it was $169.
    Carol and Geoff, 3/16/02......Nora, 1/21/04...Owen, 2/08/08

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Plato

I pay that for both of my cats to go to the vet. Maybe it's that much b/c he comes to you???

Every time we take one of the cats in it winds up running 100-200 dollars, depending on if they need medicine or something else "take home".
    Writing: a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

I'm going to guestimate that my cat's annual exams (she's a kitten still) will be just under $100. The office call is just under $40, the shot boosters run about $15/piece (RCP, rabies, feline leukemia), and the fecal float is about $12.

$38 for the office visit, plus shots... which usually run $10-20 a peice. They have the 3 yr rabies, so it's only the distemper annually. So I get out of there under $70 on just the annual check-up. Not bad at all, until you factor in the animals being ill, and all that goes into that!

ETA:I don't have a fecal done... with 4 cats, I cannot tell you what is whos in the boxes
    If you voted Bush a yellow ribbon won't make up for it.
    It's not about being a Democrat and losing an election. It's about being an American and losing our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleWhiteFemale
    ETA:I don't have a fecal done... with 4 cats, I cannot tell you what is whos in the boxes
    There is a non-toxic dye you can give the cats to tell whose waste is whose. My vet mentioned it since we've been having trouble with one cat going outside the box. It makes the pee and poo turn colors, but I'm not sure if there are multiple colors available since you have 4 cats. It probably isn't a big deal for yearly testing, but if one develops a problem it might help.
    Writing: a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.