Quantcast

Default ovulation/implantation cramping

Has anyone felt both ovulation and implantation cramping before? Do they feel different?

Thanks!

I've felt both before. They feel pretty similar to me depending on how severe the ovulation pain is. The implantation pain was very sharp and lasted about 30 minutes (pretty long compared to others I've heard of). It felt like really bad trapped gas. Interestingly I've felt ovulation pains very similarly and the only difference was what point in my cycle I was. Normally my ovulation pains are less sharp and last much longer (hours). I've heard for other people implantation pains are very sharp and very quick (1-2 minutes). So the main difference is that ovulation pains last much longer while implantation pain happens quickly.

ETA: Both pains feel very much like gas pains so there is no real way of knowing the difference unless you *really* know your body signs well. Also ovulation is often accompanied by egg white cervical mucus (looks like egg whites coming out of your hoo ha).
    "It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind" ~ The Smiths
    DS1 6.29.06 ~:~ DS2 10.7.10

Soulmate do you know what day you felt the implantation cramping on and where about it was located? I had pains like what you described just yesterday at 8dpo (along with a ginormous temp drop)
    Wife 6.22.02
    Baby Girl 6.29.06 * Baby Boy 12.5.08 * Bonus Baby Boy #2! EDD 10.21.13
    My Photography Blog

Thanks for posting, Soulmate.

Well, I don't really know what the pains were, and it's my fault! I began charting in March, but have long, frusterating cycles....so I got irritated last cycle and decided to take a break from charting for one cycle. I'm kicking myself now. I really wish I knew. My fault.

The cramping/twinges have been on and off for 2-3 days. It doesn't feel like AF cramping. The pain has been very mild and slightly to the left of the middle of my abdomen which would lead me to believe ovulation cramping. BUT, I do not have any EWCM.A few days ago I swear that I had a very small amount of spotting - very small (it could be all in my head).

Hmm.... I don't know what to think.
    Last edited by suzfuzsunflower; 09-03-2005 at 07:19 PM.

Soulmate do you know what day you felt the implantation cramping on and where about it was located?
    I don't know exactly but it was around that time. It *may* have been around 9DPOish (this was over a year ago...) but I definitely remember it being around the standard time for implantation. These buggers hurt bad too...it was hard to stand up straight near the end of it. I didn't have any signs of implantation my other pregnancy.

suzfuzsunflower Spotting can indicate ovulation, implantation, or AF coming. Could you get a cheapy HPT? Maybe wait a week to test. Very frustrating huh?
    "It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind" ~ The Smiths
    DS1 6.29.06 ~:~ DS2 10.7.10

Bump - I had a huge temp drop today with some similar type of cramping.... anyone with more experiences like this?
    James & Jennifer - 12.18.04 ~~ Little Man - July 2006 ~~ Big Little Sister - April 2009 ~~ Little Dude - May 2011; my Mother's Day gift!

My temps are so screwy I have no idea when I O'd. But I felt a sharp twinge on day 14 in my right side, and it kind of felt like a POP. It only last a minute, if that. Could that be O pain? For a few days before that I felt kind of crampy.
    Married~2003
    Mommy~2006 and 2009
    Independent Scentsy Consultant

I am on my second cycle off BCP after 11 years of being on it . My first cycle I had what Soulmate described - like a gassy, constipated, cramping feeling on my left side (CD 24). Went to the bathroom and holy EWCM!! So I just assumed it was O. 9 days later I got AF. This second cycle I had some sharp, quick, shooting pains on my right side with a teeny amount of EWCM so, again, I am assuming this is ovulation (CD 19). Not temping or charting, per se, just paying extra careful attention to CM and my body's twangs and twinges.

Can't tell you (yet, anyways ) what implantation cramps/pangs are like.

bump- anymore experiences....i have been feeling these types of twinges that felt more like pinching but i am very cautious about reading to much into them...any other experiences... I have a really bad cold and my temp just keep going up so i dont if that could make me not have an implant dip if there was one ot be had...KWIM??/

* lauren & brian *
    * eli joseph & ben henry *
    * geaux tigers **who dat*