Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kindle Fire HD 7" VS. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

I'm highly considering getting the kindle fire hd but then someone mentioned looking at the S. Galaxy Tab 2 7.0(newest version).
    The upside is, is that I have a GC to use at Amazon-$25 to put towards my purchase.

Thoughts on either device? Do any of you have the Galaxy Tab? Likes/Dislikes?! I haven't read through all of the info. regarding the galaxy. From what I do understand, is that there is internal memory.
    DS 2008

We've had the Galaxy Tab 2 for a few months and love it. I have no experience with the Kindle Fire to compare, though.

I think our only complaint so far has been that the internal antenna doesn't seem to be as sensitive as our other hand held devices. Sometimes I lose the wifi connection when I'm across the house from our router. It's not totally predictable and moving a little to the left or right solves it, and then I can move back to where I was. Kind of annoying if I'm in bed and don't really want to get up and move around to get a signal. Again, I don't have a kindle so I'm not sure how that compares, but I know with our laptop, phones and itouch that isn't ever an issue.

Scooter, are there parental controls on the galaxy? Also, did you buy a warranty for it? Where & How much? I do like that it has expandable memory. Too bad, the basic didn't start w/16gb though, rather than 8. I'm still in deciding mode...
    The i pad isn't in my $ range & I'm not considering any other tablets. Just these two!

Any other OPs out there from you(Or ask your SOs)?
    DS 2008

Ok, scooter. I bought the galaxy tab!!! Just got it up & running, so now I need to 'research' the advice & see what it all can do.

Also, please rec. some FREE APPs for me to download!!
    DS 2008

I got the 7" Galaxy Tab 2 for DH for Christmas. So far we like it. The only thing that was annoying was it is set with 'Auto Brightness' for the screen... and we found the screen would darken (thinking you are in a darker setting) while we were reading (I think we were covering the sensor which is the front camera). I took the Auto off and it is good now.

Haven't downloaded any apps yet. Once we get a case we may get some for the kids to play (ie Angry Birds, drawing etc.)
    Tara and Terry: May 13, 2006
    Elizabeth Vittoria: December 21, 2007

Lil geek - LOL no wonder why my screen would darken on occasion. I couldn't figure out why. Now I know!
    DS 2008

What screen protectors/covers do you have on yours, if any? I'm looking for something that'll really hold up & that's inexpensive. WM, amazon Or wherever!
    DS 2008

Right now we have nothing. I have had 2 sick kids since Christmas and no urge to go shopping.

lil geek, hope everyone is feeling better. I wouldn't blame you! I haven't bought one yet... Have you looked at any online?
    DS 2008

I am drawn to an Otterbox....for the fact we have an 18 month old! That said we have't let the kids play on it yet and have been putting it out of reach. I do want DD5 to get to use it on long car rides so Dd18months use the Leappad. I was shocked at the prices of basiccases (in Canada....cheapest I have found is $40)