What college is it? It's VERY unusual for a college to use a recruiting service to hire faculty.
I love my job. I got hired as a tenure-track professor straight out of my PhD and got tenure a year ago.
Things I love:
being able to choose my own research
the flexibility in the schedule (except for teaching -- zero flexibility there)
Things I don't love:
- the pay (I was offered twice my salary to work in the private sector),
- the fact that there are no substitutes for teaching a class -- one time I left class and went directly to the ER because I was so ill, but I couldn't cancel the class without a major hassle
- the pressure to get tenure and to get big money grants and to publish
- the complete independence can sometimes be a negative -- you have to be a 100% self-starter to get your research started and to keep it going
- I don't get paid at all in the summer, yet still work 50 hour weeks on research for 3 months
- the constant evaluation and rejection -- just par for the course in research, but it does get to you sometimes
Let me know if you have any questions. I know there are a few of us on here.