Quantcast
Page 171 of 205 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2050

DH and I were just talking about having Lily's hearing tested. She insists on turning the ipad up as loud as it will go. And she gets mad when I turn the tv down. I don't know how much is hearing loss and how much is just her age/stubborness. Her speech delay is still in the back of my mind even though she is MUCH better at talking now.

She does have a crazy amount of really dark ear wax. Way more than Megan ever had.

Still sitting at 102 without meds. But motrin brings it right down and she's running around playing like normal. Not sure what do make of it.

OAE is a test for sound with the cochlear.

Nunzio's ears where fine. No sign of a lingering infection. I did mention his nose running a lot lately and wondering if he has allergies. He gave us some nose spray to make sure that it's not draining.

We go back in a month to get him tested again in his office. If his results are not better he will refer us to an ENT. So it's a step forward at least.

His speech has improved so much but still not much in the way of two word phrases.

Speech therapy ends next Thursday and I'm sure we will have individual sessions when a spot opens up.

So all in all a good visit and looking forward to some additional tests in a month.

OAE is also the hearing test they give at birth, well, at least around here. I only know this because I scan them in as part of my job.

We actually didn't have B's hearing checked, even with the speech delay. I don't think he has any hearing problems, and he has only had one ear infection. We had my older son's hearing checked and it was fine.

We've had a fun day. We took the kids to free swim this morning and B was doing well swimming on his own with a bubble. He was even jumping in completely on his own, going underwater, surfacing, and then swimming to me. He starts swim classes again next week and he's going to do great. Well, except when the class is doing something he doesn't want to do. LOL. Then tonight we went out to dinner, which we hardly ever do. And then when we got home the first thing they wanted was a snack! They crack me up.
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09

We didn't end up PTing this weekend because my bff talked me out of it.

Ella fell out of her bed last night!! But typical to her "nothing rattles me" personality, she cried softly for about 7 seconds, crawled back in bed and fell back asleep! I didn't even have to go in her room. So then I started laughing!
    T + G = ER & EC

taffers That's good she gets back in bed! Austin has stayed on the floor before.

So Austin's done with the ear tube procedure & DH ended up not having the heart to leave him at DC so ended up staying home with him today. I know DH's going to be all irritated when I get home today since he wanted to finish the job he's on and then take tomorrow off to go hunting. It won't matter much that I just spent 2 1/2 days home with them both sick. I don't feel the greatest now & hope I'm not coming down with it too....hoping it's just because I didn't eat this morning!

Taffers - Lol!

PT - I am trying to figure out when to start this. We are going home for memorial day weekend. I was thinking of starting then bc we both will be there. However, my concern is the drive is 6 hours. I don't want to train him and then stick a pull up on, ya know. Thoughts on this?

With my job switch I have limited time off so I don't really have time to take a 3 day weekend to get this moving along. Another option would be 4th of July weekend when we will be home for a whole week.

I am not sure if Tony will be up to starting his task by himself on a random Friday.

My other concern is he shows no interest right now, so should we even try. He needs to be PT before he goes to school next year.

I don't want to train him and then stick a pull up on, ya know. Thoughts on this?
    Every kid is different. Will you be using a pull-up or diaper at night? If so, you may be OK with putting a pull-up on for the ride home. Maybe try it for Memorial Day weekend and then you have July for a second chance.

Talk to Tony and see if he will start it -you never know! Do you have any movies or books about potty training that he's interested in? Wyatt finally became interested in PT when he watched a movie -I'm drawing a comlete blank on the name of it right now.

Elmo's Potty Time got DS1 to pee in the potty for the first time. But of course, it all depends on the child. My kids are Elmo fans.
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09

We have this one -movie and the book.

DH stayed home with Austin all day and didn't have Austin go on the potty all day long!! I'm going to be really ticked if all the potty training just got flushed down the toilet! Over the weekend he was staying dry all day and going potty by himself even- we'd still have to remind him to go, but he'd go all alone!

We are going to get the Elmo DVD and a Grover potty book. He loves Grover and Elmo.