Quantcast
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Post your Nursery Pictures - Part III

Please post pictures of your beautiful nurseries here- we're all inspired by what the CC ladies have done!

To see the previous pictures, the old threads are here:
    Post your Nursery Pictures - Part I
    Post your Nursery Pictures - Part II

Default Opinions pleeease

So DS is now one and since we recently moved I had the chance to re decorate his nursery into a more toddler like room instead of his previous baby ish one. This time I am trying to go for bright and fun colors. I have two large walls that I would like some decoration on and thought on these big colorful paper lanterns. Are they tooo big? Do they even go? Are they too much? You can see there is another wall just in front right next to the futon where I was thinking on putting a tree decal on. Will it get too busy? Am I over doing it? I love the bright colors of the lanterns but not sure about the size. WDYT?

froggy-I like those lanterns and have considered those for my nursery as well. Could you buy a few more coordinating colors in smaller size and group them together? Maybe 1-3 more?

I think a decal on the opposing wall would look good. Also maybe something fun for that section of wall just above the window? I'm thinking of the phrase decals or maybe his name or something.

I agree with all of Charlotte's suggestions. I think that by themselves, the lanterns look odd, but as a group of varying shapes they will be FAB!

Window treatments would add lots of color, as would an area rug, if that's in your budget. I would probably also rearrange the furniture, the set up now looks a bit odd, kind of like the couch is one part of the room and the changing table/crib is the other part.
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

We did a complete re-do of DS1's nursery for DS2.
    Here are the pics from DS1's room: http://www.constantchatter.com/forum...187#post955187

And now, the transformation!

Heather & Tim 06.08.02
    Clayton Travis 9.12.06
    Brady Patrick is here! 10.10.10

This thread doesn't seem to see a lot of activity, but I enjoyed looking at pictures for inspiration while we were planning DS's room, so I wanted to come back and share pics now that it is FINALLY (mostly) finished. It only took us until he was 8.5 months old. We decided on a Narnia theme. DH painted the mural himself, starting with chalk outlines from a photo he projected on the wall and then expanding the detail free-hand. The dresser is a solid oak craigslist antique, probably locally made around the late 1800s. It's a little rough, but we love the character.

Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier.
    -Kathleen Norris

Beetle-The room looks great and I love the Narnia theme especially with the lamp post. Very nice. May I ask where you found your shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by akacharlotte View Post
    Beetle-May I ask where you found your shelf?
    Sure. We actually bought that shelf years ago as a cheapie from Target. It was a faux cherry finish, and we repainted it with a crackle finish for the nursery. Probably not that helpful - sorry!
    Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier.
    -Kathleen Norris

Wow Beetle, your husband is quite the artist!
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11