Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Abdominal/belly button pain

I'm thinking this a PP issue bc I never had this until after I had #2. But I keep getting this pain that is sort of near my belly button in my abs. It almost feels like a pulled muscle. When I press on that area it's def tender/sore but only when I'm having the pain. I also feel something sticking out when I push around my belly button. At first I was thinking it was a hernia but I've been to the dr(my GP) and they said it wasn't but they could def feel something. I got no answers and left. This was a few months ago. I have an OB appt on the 23rd and I'm going to bring it up to them but I thought maybe some of you may have similar stories. Thanks!
    DS1 8.7.2007 DS2 7.20.2009 DD 5.14.2011

Default Abdominal/belly button pain

I should also mention that just as I was carrying my DS the pain was def much worse. Ad when I push down on my belly button it really hurts. It's only every so often this happens and I was fine this morning.

Bumping this...did you ever find out what it was? I am having something that sounds a lot like this and am freaking out. Thanks!

Actually no. I ended up going to urgent care bc it was so painful. The doctor pressed on the area bc I said I was concerned about a hernia and I was literally sweating and crying from the pain. She said she wasn't sure what was going on but she didn't think it was a hernia (which is what I thought it had to be). I was referred to a general surgeon but haven't gone yet. The doctor said it may be from a torn/split ab muscle and depending on how I move or whatever it could be getting caught on whatever organ is laying in there therefore causing the pain. But then right after my appt the pain went away (after she was pushing and manipulating the area). My OB seems to think it's from diastasis (although he said my abs don't seem like they are separated but may be a little bit). So who knows. I'm going to see a general surgeon just to see if I can get an MRI or something similar to see if it's anything serious. But like I said the pain hasn't come back since last time I posted so idk.

If you find out what it is please let me know!! Hope you feel better. I was in alot of pain when it happened.

Thanks for posting a followup...I went on Friday to get a sonogram of my entire abdomen per doctor's orders. Turns out I do have a hernia!! It's above my belly button and below my ribcage and it's called an epigastric hernia. I am going to a surgeon tomorrow to see what he says. It's very very small and not indangering the bowels etc, but it is still hurting. It took them forever to find it on the sonogram, but they finally did see it. They also checked out like every organ in my body so that was thrilling! Mine was caused from weak ab muscles after two pregnancies.

What Sid they say would have to be done? I know you are going to see a surgeon but did the dr who did the sonogram tell you anything? Wonderful! Ugh! I probably do have one. Even when I push on my belly button I can feel something 'click' and I make mensick to my stomach! Or if my boys kick me (on accident like today in the pool) or when I carry my son and his leg rests on that area I can feel a tenderness but it's not all the time.

I'm on vacation right now in NC but I am def going to go when I get home. Mine is probably from weak muscles as well. But I was also told that even if I do have 'something' going on that if I plan to have more kids then getting what it is fixed wouldn't be wise right now.

Let me know what the surgeon says!!

Ok, so the surgeon said I have to get it repaired. I'm going ahead with the surgery in 2 weeks. It is day surgery and he will make a small incision above my belly button and put some kind of mesh thing to fix it/support it. He said hernias do not fix themselves or "heal" and that I have to have the surgery because eventually it will get bigger and then it could possibly start involving the intestines etc and then it's an emergency situation.

UGH!

Yes, when they did the sonogram, it took a while but they were able to see it. (mine is really small) and they told me right there that it was indeed a hernia.

Mine is an "epigastric" as it is higher up than my bellybutton. But I randomly talked to an old friend yesterday who also has a hernia and his is umblical, which is like IN the bellybutton. He has waited 3 years to get his repaired! So maybe my location is worse?

But mine is hurting so I will be happy to get it over with.

I have my appt on Sept 2nd to talk to a general surgeon. We will see what he says! Mine doesnt hurt all the time so I dont know.

Bensgirl From reading your original post, it sounded like diastasis recti to me. If that is the case, lots of good ab exercises and time to heal. My friend did end up having surgery for hers.

But wouldn't diastasis cause my stomach to stick out? I'm sure it's something like that though...hernia, weak abs, diastasis... Will they be able to tell if it's truly diastasis?