Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bake sale Hits

Default Bake sale Hits

I'm looking for idea's for bake sale goods that are the kind that go first. I know brownies and cookies but I like to bake. Wanted to see what idea's are around for some yummy stuff. I made Lemon Poppy bread the other day and I think we sold one

Hmmm, of course brownies, cookies, rice krispy treats, and cupcakes are usually ALWAYS the first to go.

However, I think having some less sugar options would be great too. Like blueberry muffins, and maybe some mini loaves of things like banana bread (YUM!), and other breads like that? I know a lot of adults that get to the school bake sale and while their kids are loading up on the good stuff they often walk away with nothing because it's always cakes and cookies and things like that.

Our church does a spaghetti dinner every year put on by the preschool (fundraiser) and the dessert table is always set up like a bake sale. The stuff always left over are things that get messy when cut (because even when you make a cake or pie, they usually cut it in slices to sell individually) because even though they might taste good they don't look appetizing. I always see a lot of coconut cake left over as well.

Hope that helps!

I'll be watching this thread as I'm getting ready to bake for the spaghetti dinner - each parent must contribute and my best friends (who had a kid in the school) HATES to bake so I told her I'd help out.
    Courtney ~~LJ~~
    Don't ask the locals for directions, they already lost one colony!

Maybe some really cute cupcakes.

These are elmo ones, which are young but I saved that site for my niece. She loves elmo. They have a lot of cute types.

http://justjennrecipes.com/elmo-cupcakes/2007/11/10/

Whatever you make I think presentation helps a lot at these types of things. I bake a lot and I'm not going to buy something if it looks iffy.

Thought I would add the biggest hit from our last bake sale was a chocolate covered pretzel with sprinkles. Only about 1/2 the prezel rod was covered in chocolate then some sprinkles on top.

I've noticed things like cookies, brownies, and cupcakes seem to go first. Since they can be cut/portioned out easily, they are easy to grab and go.

Our daycare had a fundraiser recently, and my favorite was chocolate dipped fortune cookies. They were yum!

Another good one was not at a fundraiser, but a recent potluck. One of my coworkers brought in chocolate covered rice krispie treats, and they were delicious! Just make regular rice krispie treats, then melt a bag of chocolate chips and spread the melted chocolate over the treats. So, so good.
    wife 08.10.02
    mother 11.01.03 and 09.01.06

My mom always made cream puffs (with custard filling and chocolate on top, like an eclair) for bake sales when I was a child. They always sold out.
    Marriage - 10/12/2003
    Lily - 9/26/2006

The last bake sale I went to featured peanut butter bread. It sold super-fast. Also pretty cookies - like decorated sugar cookies - went quickly.

(Thanks. Now I'm craving baked goods!!! )

black bottom cupcakes. YUM!
    DD- 6.16.06
    DS- 6.8.08

Cupcake cones. You bake the batter in flat bottomed ice cream cones, then decorate with icing. They are very yummy & look great!
    I became a Mrs ~ March 30, 2002
    Mommy to a Hockey All-Star ~ April 14, 2002
    Mommy to a Miracle Baby ~ April 13, 2004

What about lemon bars? If you know how to bake, I would suggest fresh baked crossaints with a chocolate filling maybe? I agree that anything that can easily be portioned will go the quickest.
    US 07.17.04 DS 02.14.06 DS 02.22.08