10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sherwin Williams

4 40.00%
  • Dunn Edwards

4 40.00%
  • Other, please specify brand and why chosen

2 20.00%

Default Sherwin Williams or Dunn Edwards

I had always heard goo d things about Behr actually, but one of the painters we're thinking of hiring likes Sherwin Williams or Dunn Edwards better and can get us a nice deal on either brand (making it cheaper than Behr).

I know there were threads before, but I'm curious how these 2 stack up or if someone has a very strong feeling about not using one or the other from past experience.
    Joshua Daniel~ 3/4/08 at 19w4d with us for 68 minutes, forever in our hearts , Michael Aaron- our rainbow baby arrived 5/15/09
    Jacob Ryan- our second rainbow 2/11/12

We've had a good experience with Dunn Edwards, in fact our entire home is painted with their paints (decovel in most rooms/permasheen in kitchen, laundry & bathrooms). We've been in our house 5 years and any smudges on the walls wipe off easily without any residual marks. Our house is very bright and there hasn't been much noticeable fading either. It seems that most prof. painters in our area use DE. BTW, if you have AAA you can get a 25% discount on DE paints.

Never used either of those brands, but I have used Behr and Ralph Lauren. RL had MUCH better coverage than Behr (all were pretty dark colors with tinted primer first)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Zoe Jane
    (")_(") 8/13/09

dunn edwards isn't available in most states, so i don't think you'd get an accurate poll. we've used dunn edwards in a few rooms and i was under the impression that it was much better paint than sherwin williams or behr. it's what all the prof painters around here use.
    noa 6.6.04
    henri 9.10.06

We just painted 2 bedrooms in our house with Sherwin Williams Paint (we used the low VOC stuff).

It was so easy to go on and cover the walls. Our older DD's room, we painted purple, and it only took 1 coat with touch ups. Yet to be born DD#2's room was painted from a periwinkle to pink, and it took 2 coats (we totally should have primed first).

We will buy Sherwin Williams for the rest of the rooms in the house as well! It was much better then RL and Behr that we've used in the past.

Having been a "devout" Benjamin Moore customer, I just had 3 rooms in my house painted with Sherwin Williams [Duration] paint and the rooms came out G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!! The colors were rich and this particular paint, the Duration, went on so smooth and vibrant and there wasn't a lot of odor at all. I would recommend it highly.

I'm repainting my bathroom and will be using Sherwin Williams for sure.

Well, live and learn. I didn't realize that Dunn Edwards wasn't nationwide!

Thanks for the replies!
    Joshua Daniel~ 3/4/08 at 19w4d with us for 68 minutes, forever in our hearts , Michael Aaron- our rainbow baby arrived 5/15/09
    Jacob Ryan- our second rainbow 2/11/12