Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my shoes are rubbing my feet raw!

I have two pairs of cute ballet-like flats. I love them. They're adorable (and the Privo pair was quite pricey). But they keep digging into the back of my heel. I'd say screw it and just wear socks or peds, but they're ballet flats and socks would show and the peds don't really come up high enough in the back (or slide down to quickly). Band-aids get rubbed off each step I take. What can I do?

You could try something like this stuck to your heel.. or maybe stuck to the part of the shoe that's rubbing on your feet?

Here's another option.
    Last edited by Katie&Micah; 10-05-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Ugh, I have a pair of shoes that does this too. I know the pain you are in!

I would recommend something that sticks to your skin - moleskin is good, and also, there's this cool blister treatment stuff - forget what it's called. But you put it on and it is like a clear silicone pad. Anything on the inside of my shoe just allowed that to rub on my heel.
    She'd be his wife and make him her husband 5/03Ds1 12/22/09...Ds2 8/31/12

Bandaid brand makes this roll-on stuff called blister block. You can find it next to the bandaids. I have a pair of shoes that does the same thing and the blister block really works.

I agree with Katie&Micah. Moleskin works like a charm. You can find it in drugstores with the other foot products. I believe it cost less than $5.
    Joey & Lindsay: September 12, 2004
    rescue Beagle mom: Abby, February 20, 2007
    LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Suzlywoozly View Post
    Bandaid brand makes this roll-on stuff called blister block. You can find it next to the bandaids. I have a pair of shoes that does the same thing and the blister block really works.
    I carry this in my purse at all times. It really works well.

I've been meaning to try moleskin, but I always forget to pick it up when I'm out and I've wondered how or why it would stick to my skin better. I never knew about those blister bandaids, I'll definitely choke those out as well.

I've seen the roll-on stuff recently - it really works? Just putting that light layer between the shoe and my skin would work? Seems hard to believe, but I can give it a try.

I had the exact same problem with a pair of ballet flats. I found that Band-aid makes a new band-aid type thing especially for blisters. The sticky part stays on really well and the pad is thick and cushion-y to protect if you already have a blister there.

I need to try some of the preventative stuff that people have suggested though.

I think it depends on the type of flats. My only pair of ballerina flats were worn exactly one time. They are that kind which have the stretchy stuff around the top and look deceptively like slippers. They are Louis Vuitton and literally, they caused bleeding gashes on the backs of my heels almost immediately. I had worn them to work and had to bend the heel of the shoe down and wear it like a slide for the rest of the day. I had to use those giant bandaids for about a week and that helped the rest of my shoes. If I ever planned to wear the LV's again, I would probably start out with the giant bandaids and hope for the best.

I usually break in new shoes/sandals by wearing them around the house for an hour or two with a pair of cotton socks. They are fine afterwards; I have almost never gotten blisters once they are "prepped."

Anna- youch on the LVs!!
    C+K 03.06.04
    Baby M 01.12.07