Quantcast

Default my dog was stung by yellow jackets today

He is fine now, but my poor Ivan! Today, as I watched him snuffling around the backyard, I saw my dog stuff his nose into a shallow hole, which turned out to be a yellow jackets nest.

He got stung 3 times in the WORST imaginable place--his privates. He had two stings near his penis, and one sting (with the stinger still imbedded) in his testicles, or what used to be his testicles, since he's neutered. My poor baby!

I called the vet, and they said to give him Benadryl if needed for the swelling. Really he's fine, I was just super worried, and figure I should warn y'all that those STUPID yellow jackets are out in full force, at least in my part of CT they are. Ugh, what a place for him to get stung!

Oh your poor baby!

I so feel for you and the puppy! My dog, Raven, was bit in the face by some unidentified baddie and had to go to the emergency vet - I was sooo worried that the swelling would obstruct her breathing. They gave her a shot of steroids and told me to administer Benedryl as needed, too.

Hope he's feeling better, soon! Poor guy!

snowzilla Guest

Oh no, poor Ivan! Is he at least finding solace in the fact that he's swelling in one of the areas that most males would be, well, happy to be swelling in? (Oh yes, I went there.)

Quote Originally Posted by snowzilla View Post
    Oh no, poor Ivan! Is he at least finding solace in the fact that he's swelling in one of the areas that most males would be, well, happy to be swelling in? (Oh yes, I went there.)
    LOL - if anything, he's probably confused, since he's neutered, and wouldn't expect to feel much of anything down there.

Poor Ivan! Hope the benedryl worked and, if anything, it will calm him down so he's not itchy. Poor thing.
    May those who love us love us. And for those who don't, may God turn their hearts. And if not, may God turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping.

Poor Ivan! I was stung by a yellow jacket last year, and it was no fun. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable he must be with stings in his . . . er . . . area. I hope he's feeling better soon!

Aw, poor Ivan!

My dog isn't very bright. She tends to get stung once a week and will usually go back to the place where she was stung, ya know, just to make sure those dirty bees are gone. Anyway, in the summer her snout is perpetually swollen. The benedryll really works, in case you needed to use it!