Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How is your china cabinet set up?

I have my wedding china as well as my grandmother's china. I would like to make it look pretty in my china cabinet, but I don't really know how. Do you just stack plates or do you have plate stands (or whatever they are called)? Any ideas or pictures? Yes, I know this is kind of random

I don't have a china cabinet yet. My mom and MIL both have their china displayed in theirs. They have some of the placesettings displayed along with other serving pieces. I don't think they have plate stands, but there is a groove in the shelf at the back to prop the plates up. They must have some stacked, but that may be in the sides/non-glass portion of the cabinet.
    New Year, New Baby
    DD - 01/04/07 DS - 01/29/09

Hmm. Does your china cabinet have a hutch on the top with glass doors? Mine has three shelves. I have my wedding china in the middle, Christmas china on the top and have a few mixed and special pieces(toasting flutes) ... Since this pic was taken I added some candles and pictures..

On the top shelf of our china hutch, we have all of our crystal glasses. On the middle shelf we have displayed 4 sets of our china (the other 8 are stored in the drawers below.) The bottom shelf I have some family pieces. An old clock that is a family heirloom, some crystal pieces, and some vases. Here is a picture...

Randy & Moni~September 21st, 2002
    Coleton Allen~February 20th, 2004
    Trevor Paul~July 23rd, 2007

I stacked the plates (make sure to put coffee filters between them to prevent scratching), and then had a plate holder on the top displaying the first plate vertically. I got the plate stands at Michael's craft store.

I also have plate stands to display my Nambe platters.

We have a china cabinet but no china. Currently we have it filled with vases and wine glasses and various other glass items.

I have some non-china pieces on the top shelf (glassware & a silver dish), followed by 4 place settings on the lower shelves.

She'd be his wife and make him her husband 5/03Ds1 12/22/09...Ds2 8/31/12

I have all china in mine. I use to have crystal in there as well but my current china cabinet is too small for both. I have a few added things on top and that's it.

Mine is a little bit different, more like an open hutch than a china cabinet:

:: T + K 08.31.03 ::
    :: jdf 08.13.06 ::
    :: lgf 05.07.09 ::

Babylove, wow that hutch is really pretty! I like the way you have it set up, too.