Quantcast
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Centerpiece for Dining Room table

What does everyone have on their dining room table?

I need ideas!

Right now, nothing I have cats who will break anything I put there in a heartbeat, but I did see some beautiful candle holders in the Pottery Barn catalogue that looked awesome for the dining room table. PB is way too expensive, but I'd bet you could find something very similar at Target or JC Penney's.

Right now, a cornucopia basket w/a sparkly rust colored bow and little gourds and pumpkins filling/spilling out.

I change my DR centerpiece seasonally or if I get fresh flowers for any reason, they go in a crystal vase and that becomes my centerpiece du jour.
    sugar, spice & everything nice...
    8/03 & 12/05
    snips, snails & puppy dog tails...3/10

I do floral arrangements so I have some for most seasons. I have a fall one up right now, and I can't wait to put up one of my Christmas sleighs soon.
    Benjamin Theodore ~ 8/20/08
    "I hate you, Bob. I hate you from the bottom of your hooves to the tip of your pitchfork." - Dr. Cox

I've since added really cute candlesticks (somewhat the same colors) to each side of the centerpiece but here it was the day after I got my furniture delivered. And there is obivously nothing else in the room, but there is now!

I'm sorry in advance, I don't know how to resize

Here it is up close, fake flowers. They match some chairs i have in my living room.
    I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me & 90% how I react to it!
    *Big Brother 02.07.2008*
    *Little brother 01.04.2010*

I wish I had a picture, lol... but what I did with my table was to set it with a rust/copper colored table runner (a very wide one). My table is a pedestal with a glass top. Anyway, I set it with oyster-colored capiz shell chargers and these sage green handled plates. I also set out my stemware - two different kinds (a gold-leafed stemmed golden hued goblet with a gold-rimmed crystal goblet) of glasses per setting. Then in the center, I put two urns - one fatter than the other, along with a couple of shorter interesting architectural pieces (finials)... for interest. I added one other vase - a blue-greenish one that has some golden-taupe colors running through it. The finials are antique gold with some faux verdigris.

My color scheme is copper/gold/rust. At some point I want to add some flowers in there somewhere, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

I was going for an elegant table - but not a pretentious one - hence why I mixed formal stuff with casual stuff.
    "Keep your bleep bleep government hands off my Medicare!" - angry protester at healthcare reform townhall

I have the Crate and Barrel Bella Hurricane filled with a bag of nuts in their shell (walnuts, almonds, etc.). I then stuck a chunky, tallish pillar down in the nuts. This sits atop a rust colored runner monogrammed on each end with our initial.

I love to use nuts, beans, rice, etc. in glass containers to hold candles. In the summer I use the same hurricane with red beans and a white pillar or a collection of mason jars -- some with red beans and some with white rice, and blue candles.
    PSU + USNA -- 2001
    PSUSNA -- 2005

I usually have fresh flowers in a vase. Right now I have mums. I have a few different vases that I change out depending on the flowers. I like to keep my centerpieces simple and easy to move, since we eat at the dining room table quite a bit.

I have a runner and a swirly candle thing w/ some amber colored garland on it; for the holidays I switch out the garland and runner to something Christmas-y, but otherwise I always have the amber stuff. I worried at first that it looks sort of fall-ish, which might be weird in the middle of summer (?), but then I decided I just don't care. Oh, I think I might have a pic...

Here's a pic of the room - please excuse the elastic around the vertical blinds, they rattle otherwise and it drives me crazy!

And here is a close up of the table:

Last edited by laura; 10-10-2006 at 05:29 PM.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

I love to use nuts, beans, rice, etc. in glass containers to hold candles. In the summer I use the same hurricane with red beans and a white pillar or a collection of mason jars -- some with red beans and some with white rice, and blue candles.
    That's exactly what I do w/my entry table in the foyer! My favorite filler is coffee beans w/a vanilla candle. It smells divine. I do nuts a lot too or cranberries in water around Christmas. Right now, it's a vanilla candle nestled in candy corn - for the fall theme.
    sugar, spice & everything nice...
    8/03 & 12/05
    snips, snails & puppy dog tails...3/10