Quantcast
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Big BBs

Default Ideas for big chests?

Rewind: How about we make this a place to share ideas. I know i'm not the only one...

I have rather large girls, that just dont like to stay in the cutesy tops they have out now. Can you give me some ideas? I went shopping last night and left deflated. I wish there... it was my ego.

I found a strapless bra (that could double as a hat for siamese twins) so bring on some cute stuff!

TIA!
    Last edited by Sand; 08-04-2005 at 11:16 AM.
    :: |:: winged babes |:: |:: |::
    my sweet #5 ::Annika Mae:: 11.1.08
    check out what I dig...

If this was just a top i'd be all over it!
    check out what I dig...

Could work with my superfantastic girl-lifter.
    check out what I dig...

I saw an episode of What not to wear once where they said that big chesterd girls would look great in tops like these

I have quite a few of these and actually think I look pretty damn good in them. The V shape breaks up the large mass that the girls tend to look like when you wear a regular top. I like it. If you don't want to risk them falling out if the V is very deep, a tank top underneath in a constrasting colour will look good as well.

I remember they also said never to wear horizontal stripes, especially if you're not super thin.

V necks are good, and tops that either wrap or look like they do -- it creates a diagonal eye movement that deemphasizes the horizontal. And avoid things with sleeves that end right where you are the biggest -- you don't want to emphasize the width.

What brand of bra did you get??????

I'm a DD and canNOT for the life of me find a strappless bra that actually LIFTs, instead of just hanging on for dear life!!

BareNecessities.com
    Le Mystere
    I'm inbetween a D + DD. I ordered an F with DD's you might want a G. I bought both and sent the G back.
    Last edited by Sand; 08-04-2005 at 11:11 AM.
    check out what I dig...

I was once told that higher necklines make chests appear smaller...

Cute, and can be worn with bra, but I find the line under the boobage cuts off about 3/4 the way down my chest. Thus making me look pregnant with it hanging out from my abdomen.
    check out what I dig...

Default Bras for the large chested

I was reading all the trouble the small chested have finding bras, and was reminded that I can never, ever find a bra that fits properly.
    Well, I actually have a couple that fit, but I just bought them a few months ago, and alraedy the wires are coming out, rendering them essentially useless. Which makes me so sad, because I was THRILLED to discover Dillard's own house brand comes in sizes up to, like, I cup.
    Personally, I am a 38DDDD/38G. Anyone else have some suggestions for me?

I'm a 36DD and I have to shop at department stores to find my bras. There are no Victoria's Secret bras for me. Not until the reduction surgery, anyway!

I use a minimizer because...well...lets face it...I need one!! I shop at Macy's (formerly Burdines here) and usually buy Lilyette brand. They make several great versions of the minimizer and they make me look noticably smaller.

For me, finding a great fit happened when I gave up the dream of buying bras at Target, WalMart, TJ Maxx etc. I pay a little more but the bras last much, much longer than the cheap ones. Also, I do not put them in the dryer. I let them hang dry instead.

If the underwire comes out soon after buying it, I return them. I pay $30per bra, so they are going to have to last! I've never had a department store give me a hard time about and I don't often have to return them. (I think I've done it twice.) If the underwire comes out after I've had the bra awhile, I just sew it back in because I really, really hate bra shopping!!

HTH!
    Last edited by IrishMeg; 10-08-2005 at 02:37 PM.