Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where to Find Velveeta in Grocery Store

ok, this may sound like a silly question. first being that i think that i have gone off the deep end by cooking something that has velveeta in the recipe and secondly i could just ask the workers at the grocery store. i can't ask the workers at my grocery store bc they never, ever know where anything is when i ask them and never offer to help me find it, so to prevent wasted time rambling the aisles of the grocery store, i ask you this....

what section of the grocery store do you find velveeta cheese?

It is frequently in one of two places at my grocery store:

1. With the pre-packaged cheese (not the gourmet cheese - our store keeps that in a separate place), but near the Kraft type cheeses.

2. Often, there is some hanging out in the chip aisle with the salsa and tortilla chips. Perhaps frighteningly, I think Velveeta does not need to be refrigerated prior to opening, so it may be in an area like that.

Oh, I thought of one more. Sometimes it is not in the refrigerated area of the processed cheeses, but on its own special shelf, in that general region...
    p + t ~ 06.05.04
    baby b 02.22.09

thanks peanutbutter!!

At our grocery store it used to be near the pasta. Now it is near the salad dressing and vinegar.
    Happy & Blessed.

You know, I am really not sure. I don't think I have ever bought it. I kinda think it's near the crackers in my store. I know it's not with the regular cheese in my local store.

I've always seen it in the pasta section - usually with the grated, canned parmesan. They do have velveeta slices and shreds in the cold cheese section, with the other processed cheese slices or regular shredded cheese.

Velveeta does not need to be refrigerated prior to opening. It's a pasturized, processed, cheese food similar to other prepared items.

:loves velveeta light in certain applications:
    She'd be his wife and make him her husband 5/03Ds1 12/22/09...Ds2 8/31/12

thank you ladies. it was in the processed cheese section in my grocery store like some others suggested. the kind by the chips is the liquidy kind, and i needed the solidified velveeta. they only had a huge ass bar in regular, so i ended up buying the light kind bc it came in a smaller package. i hope the recipe still turns out ok. i didn't want to buy the big bar bc i don't see myself using up the extra velveeta cheese.

My guilty secret: I love velveeta. It's totally not cheese, but I love it.

I make dip with it. I make sandwiches out of it. I make cheese straws with it.

Yeah. *sigh* Velveeta. Mmmm.

Karen

i made the very, unhealthy, patti labelle mac n cheese recipe that someone on here posted in the mac n cheese thread. i ended up using the light velveeta, and it still tastes absolutely devilish. i hope everyone likes it at easter lunch tomorrow. though, i will not let them know it is made with velveeta.

There's a mac and cheese thread?! Where? Where? (I'll find it.)