Quantcast

Default How much to replaster a pool?

Has anyone paid someone to come and replaster your pool? If so how much did it cost and what did they do? Did you retile as well?

tigerest,

I need to have this done. My neighbor behind me just had it done and she has a very large pool (think mini olympic size) She paid 6000 dollars to have it done.

My pool is about 20 X40 and 5.5 ft deep. They call it a play pool. I have a client who is a poolbuilder and he told me it would be about 3500 to have it replastered. I don't know whether that includes tile.

I have it emptied right now, but I'm considering waiting till the wintertime to have it replastered because I thought maybe I would get a better price. My poolman told me to be careful whom I picked , as there is a very cheap way to replaster the pool and then, there is the 'right' way. I did read up a little bit on it, on the internet, and it does seem you have to be careful to get someone who doesn't shortchange you on the plaster.

WOW! I wonder if that is just for the plastering!!! Because we are getting quotes around $7000 - $9000!!!!! YIKES!!!

tigerrest - I am in the process of building a pool...we are using a pebble product instead of plain white plaster in our pool - for our pool (88 ft perimeter, 360 sq ft surface area, 3.5-7.5 feet deep) we are getting quotes of about $6500 for Pebblesheen in new construction...I would expect that removing some or all of your old plaster plus new basic tile would be in the $7-9k you are hearing - more if you have additional work or updgraded tile, pebble or quartz finishes etc. Of course it depends on where you are located!
    aka JenniferinClyde on LJ and jenwedding on WC