Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Unexpected bleeding in middle of the month

Hi--need some help, I'm a little weirded out right now.
    Bear in mind that I am a TTC novice and am not charting, or anything of that sort. Right now DH and I are in "whatever happens" mode.

My periods are usually quite regular. I got my last period a few days early, 2/22. It lasted a little longer than normal, about 5 days (it usually is only 2-3 days at most).

After my period ended, my breasts remained tender (a normal PMS sign for me). Then, they got BIGGER after a week and more painful.

On Monday evening (3/6) I noticed light spotting in my undies so I got a PG test. Negative.

Tuesday I began to bleed more heavily. Not as heavy as a normal period but heavy enough to need a Tampax. Very light cramping, nothing like normal AF cramps.

Today is Wednesday and I'm still bleeding lightly. Breasts still sore and enlarged. I feel fine otherwise.

I am going to test again this weekend--but what is the consensus? It seems a bit of a squeeze timewise that I may be pregnant. But if not, what's all this bleeding? I have never had "two periods in one month." If anything, I tend to lose my period when I am overly stressed, and that has only happened to me once or twice in my life.

A little worried. I made a dr. appt. but couldn't get in until next week.

PLEASE take this with a little grain of salt, as I see it's in the Family Planning forum and my story isn't about TTC. I also don't know anything about charting. I hope it's nothing for you.

I also had the same exact thing happen two weeks ago, for the first time ever in my life. Both before b.c. pills and of course ever since I've been on them, I have always had a regular very consistent period. But two weeks ago yesterday I got my period in the middle of the month. Very very very odd and worrisome. I called my sister a day later - she is an O.B. She told me to wait to see if it happened again the next month and became a pattern but then when it continued (a total of 8 days) I called her again and she suggested I go in to see someone.

I managed to get a next-day appointment and went last Thursday. Got blood tests, pap smear, exam, and was scheduled for an ultrasound this past Monday, which I went to. I just (right before I saw your thread) called the doctor's office to see if results were in yet and they said they'd have the doctor check and call me back. I am really hoping it's nothing.

My sister had said there was a possibility of polyps (which could be benign or not). The doctor I saw also asked if I could be pregnant which would not be good timing for us right now so I said I hope not. I took a HPT this weekend to make sure. My period was due yesterday and I did not get it (my sister had said I should get my normal period at the usual time). I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor so that when I call my sister again I have some more news to give her.

Anyway, I'm sorry I don't have any further information but I wanted to share my story because I think it is important to get it checked out right away (and you are). I hope it's good news for you!

P.S. After just rereading your post, I wanted to say that I have not had tender breasts so again hopefully that's a good sign for you!
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Some women spot around the time that they ovulate.

Also, spotting throughout a cycle can be signs of a annovulatory cycle.

It could be a number of things really.

Best I can advise you is to read "Taking Charge of your Fertility" and start charting.
    My Projects - House stuff, sewing, gardening, etc....
    #1 - Andrew Wyatt, our angel #2 - Nora Grace (8/06) - our VBAC rainbow baby, #3 - Joshua Edward (9/08) - another VBAC, #4 - Charlotte Jane(2/11)

The thing that's throwing me off is that this is exceedingly unusual for me--I have been late with my period before, and I've missed a period once or twice before, but never bled in between regular cycles.

Were you on hormonal bc before TTC? If so, how recently did you discontinue? I had a full blown "2nd AF" 10 days after my first post-Depo AF and proceeded to have another normal AF at about the right time based on the first AF. Could be your body just regulating itself and leveling out its own hormone production. That could account for the the sore/enlarged bbs too.

HTH! And good luck with TTC!!
    Us ~2005 * #1~2006 * #2~2008 * #3~-2010 * #4 due 9/19/12

I have been off all hormonal BC since 2001.

Well, I guess that doesn't answer that, then, does it?

As one of the PPs said, you may well be having an anovulatory cycle, and you only could confirm that by A) charting or B) a blood test confirming ovulation. The good news is that anovulatory cycles are common.

At least you have an appointment scheduled. Hope your dr. has some insight for you.
    Us ~2005 * #1~2006 * #2~2008 * #3~-2010 * #4 due 9/19/12

I've had unscheduled bleeding before that was caused by a fibroid in the uterus. But I really don't think that's what you have because you say you have light periods normally. Mine were heavy, heavy for a long time before I had mid-cycle bleeding. I'd get checked out just in case though...My NP found mine when she examined me and then an ultrasound confirmed it.
    Dean and Lana - July 15th, 2005
    Alivia Ann 11/21/07!
    Expecting a little boy in September!

Just an update: The bleeding went on and off until today. My breasts are still enlarged although not as tender. Additionally I am constipated and gassy. I am testing again this weekend, and going to the dr. next week.
    "Every man is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him" - Emerson

Tested today--negative again! I'll ask the doctor what the deal is.
    "Every man is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him" - Emerson