Quantcast

Default Wart in a dogs paw

Has anyone ever had a dog or knew someone who had a dog that had a wart growing out of its paw? My poor dog had some kind of growth growing out of her paw and it was there for a good month. It started to hurt her to where she wasn't as active and she was limping...So we took her to the vet and we had to get it removed with surgery. They did tests on it and it turned out to be a wart. So I am wondering what are the chances of another one growing back, the vet said it was possible?
    Kim & Zack 4-6-02, Married My Best Friend & HS Sweetie

Gracie Isabel Born 10-25-05

What a coincidence...my greyhound just got diagnosed yesterday with a wart on his paw pad. Just wanted to share a good article that my vet gave me. It says the odds of recurrence are around 50%. It discusses lots of different treatments you can discuss with your vet, in case it does come back. HTH.

Thanks for the article but for some reason I can't view it...Good luck with your dog, have you decided what you are going to do? We were told we had to remove it with surgery. So we listened to our vet and she had surgery on it a month ago. It was all pretty expensive surgery, meds, check ups. As of now the stitches were removed last week and she is still on antibiotics to prevent infection but it is healing nice and she is back to her old self again.
    Kim & Zack 4-6-02, Married My Best Friend & HS Sweetie

Gracie Isabel Born 10-25-05

Here's the actual url: http://www.therapaw.net/docs/Corns,%20and%20warts.pdf
    It requires Adobe Acrobat to see it, maybe that's the problem.

Our vet thought we should start with using salicylic acid, then placing a small piece of duct tape right over the wart. Blizzard's wart is small, which may be why he didn't recommend surgery. We'll give that some time to work, then look at other options if it doesn't. I'm glad your dog is doing well! I can sure commiserate about surgery being expensive...I don't even want to think about what we spent on Blizzard's spinal surgery two months ago. But it's all worth it in the end when they feel so much better.