Quantcast

Default Skin peeling between fingers?

The skin between my fingers has begun to peel, and I can't figure out why. It's really red after the skin peels. My skin isn't particularly dry, and I'm not using any new lotions or creams or anything. Is this just another weird pregnancy symptom that no one ever talks about (at least not in the pregnancy books)?? Has anyone else experienced this?
    Alexander James: 2.15.06
    Audrey Caroline: 2.15.06
    f/k/a katbride on the WC

maybebaby Guest

maybe just winter? are your hands exposed to the cold?

Kat, I get that problem during the winter season. When I notice it I just rub lotion in between my fingers and its fine. Didn't think it was a pg. issue, just a dry winter weather issue. HTH!
    ***Mary 4/29/06*Megan 5/3/08*Margaret 2/26/13***
    * Angel Babies 7/07, 9/10, 10/11 *

Hmmmm....well, I've left the house once a week (and then only to the car) for the past seven weeks (I'm on bedrest), so I haven't been exposed to the cold at all (and far, far less than any other winter). The skin really isn't dry.....I guess I'll just have to ask my doctor about it because it's really weird. It's only at the base of my fingers and nowhere else.

Thanks, Lolly and maybebaby!
    f/k/a katbride on the WC

hi kat,

it's funny that you posted this question because i was just noticing today that the skin between my fingers are really really dry. i forgot to turn on the humidifier last night.... that might have been the reason why. i think that my skin is drier because i wash my hands more often (i've been going to the bathroom A LOT) and because of the dry weather. i just put lubriderm on and they feel better.

Ah, PinkBeary - so sorry to hear you're have problems with dry skin! That can suck, I know.

I showed my doctor (OB) and she suspects it's either a bit of eczema or some sort of fungal/yeast infection. It's also now in between my toes (but NOT on the palms or soles, and there aren't any blisters or anything). Nor is my skin dry. Her "treatment" was to see what happens after I deliver the twins, because (and I quote), "all of these weird things go away with delivery."

Seriously, it is starting to itch a little so I'm going to call my dermatologist tomorrow and see whether she can give me some at-home remedies (over the phone). In the past she's told me to try a vinegar bath for various skin ailments, so I tried that last night and this morning and the peeling has subsided somewhat.
    f/k/a katbride on the WC

congratulations on your twins!!!! oh my! double the blessing!

i just found out last week that another friend is pregnant. she actually gets itchy from the neck down when she's pregnant. this is her third baby. she said that the best thing for her is to bathe in an epsom salt bath.

i read in some books that crisco (the pasty stuff) helps relieve itching. they say that pediatricians give it to parents in unlabeled containers and call it the "c" lotion.