PDA

View Full Version : Sore spot on belly?

bensgirl1222
03-25-2009, 04:11 PM
The past 2 days there has been a spot on my belly that it really sore. It kind of feels like a bruise. I dont see anything from just looking at it though. It kind of feels like a bruised muscle or something.

Anyoe know what it could be? Or why I'd have it? Am I overdoing it with carrying or picking up my 19 month old?

NicoleWisconsin
03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
I had two areas that felt like that last week. Right above my pelvis and right below my ribs. I attributed them to growing and stretching. I just ignored them and they went away. So, no advice or explanation, just commiseration.

JenK
03-26-2009, 12:04 AM
I have it! I had it with my other two pregnancies, in the same spot, too. It's right above and to the side of my belly button. Doesn't look like anything, but it sure hurts when I bump it. I wonder if the skin is stretched tighter because that's where the baby's butt hangs out all the time. :rolleyes:

bensgirl1222
03-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Im glad to see its normal. But Jen! Thats the EXACT spot fo me too! So strange. And actually last night I was poking the spot bc I wanted to see if I could feel anything. Well, I felt a lump that would move when I pushed on it. I got a littlte freaked until it moved...it was the baby! LOL I cant believe I can feel himalready. Anyway, thanks for the replies ladies!

mcgwigan
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Weird....I have a sore spot like that & I'm not nearly as far along as you guys! It was so sore at work yesterday that I kept going into the bathroom to check it out-I do have a rather large mole there. It is slightly above & to the right of my belly button!

MrsBeckyLP
03-26-2009, 07:00 AM
I remember getting sore spots on my belly, and it always happened when DD seemed to be pushing a part of her body against that area.

bensgirl1222
03-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Maybe thats what it was Becky. Bc when I pushed the spot, I could feel him in there. Today my spot doesnt bother me but when I push it, he isnt right there anymore.

I have an OB appt this coming Monday so I will mention it to her and see what she says.

semily24
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
I've had a couple of spots like that lower down on my belly. The spots were super tender to the touch, like bad bruises, but you couldn't see anything! I just attributed it to growing and stretching. If the baby's pushing on a particular spot it makes sense that would make it sore too.

diam124
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Bumping this up - I have developed a sore spot on my belly and it's driving me crazy! It's to the left and slightly up from my belly button. It's fine through most of the day, but around 5pm (regardless of what I've done during the day) it starts to sting. Bending down to pick things up is really painful. And sometimes it's also a little itchy. It's painful to the touch too. In my case I don't think it's the baby because he's usually parked to the right of my belly button. I'm thinking of trying an ice pack on it.

NotDesperate
06-22-2009, 07:30 PM
An ice pack is a good idea. I was putting ice at the top of my bump a week ago when my ribs were so sore and it helped. I hope you feel better soon!

Elenna
06-22-2009, 08:31 PM
I've had a sore spot just to the left of my bellybutton off and on for a week or two now. Though, sometimes the spot goes from feeling like a bruise to being completely numb. I totally forgot to ask my OB about it today at my appt.:rolleyes:

diam124
06-23-2009, 05:59 AM
That is so weird Elenna. I have an appt. tomorrow so I'm going to ask the doctor about it. I'm not worried, but I still want to know what is causing the pain. It already hurts a little so I think today is going to be a long day. I've noticed that my belly goes numb during Braxton Hicks.

bensgirl1222
06-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Just an FYI ladies... I started this thread so I thought I;d come back and let you all know that it eventually just goes away. It could be the baby or it could not. I havent felt that sore spot in a long time and to be honest, I think it had something to do with growth (of either me or the baby). It def felt like a bruise and super sore when touched. There is an end in sight though! Mine didnt last very long...maybe a few weeks?

diam124
06-24-2009, 11:16 AM
I asked the doctor about it today and he said it is normal and just ligaments stretching in the belly.