PDA

View Full Version : I need a good prank to play on the neighbors

Fenway
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
We have become very good friends with our neighbors that live around the corner (not the barking dog neighbors.) (http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44863) We'll call them B & M. The wife's (M's) sister and BIL live one neighborhood over, and they went through a stage where they constantly playing pranks on each other. The most noteworthy prank was a year long battle of passing one of those tacky plastic light up yard snowmen back in forth. It ended up at M's workplace in her office, up a flagpole, under the covers in their bed, on their boat... the list goes on.

Well, B & M have been warning us that they are going to get us good, so I want to get them first. They already told us that they were going to put a For Sale By Owner sign with DH's cell number on our lawn while DH was OOT on business. There was a rumor going around that we couldn't afford the house we just built :confused: and we were going to sell (they didn't start the rumor, btw) so it would have been an excellent prank if they pulled it off, but they chickened out.

In the fall our town does a leaf pick up where you can bag all your leaves, leave them on the curb and the town comes around and collects them. B & M just built a huge garage addition and we have a key, so we were going to collect all the leaves and dump them in the garage. We chickened out.

No more chickening out! I need some good, harmless and cheap prank ideas.

Help!

Fenway
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
I forgot to add...

We live here all year, where they only live here on the weekends and summer, so it gives us ample time to pull off a good one.

junkinmytrunk
03-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I forgot to add...

We live here all year, where they only live here on the weekends and summer, so it gives us ample time to pull off a good one.

Hmmm....something like this? But make them yourself or dollar store?

http://www.flamingosurprise.com/

Fenway
03-16-2009, 06:43 PM
That could work, but we already "flamingoed" my mom's front yard with 50 pink flamingos on her 50th birthday, so it isn't an original idea for us. Although, I bet that one never gets old. ;)

junkinmytrunk
03-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, look at that link - it's not just flamingoes....all sorts of stuff. Do they have a fave movie? Or some silly inside joke with you guys? Go clicky click....

BethIrish
03-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Yard gnomes instead of flamingos?

You could fill the garage with helium (or just regular) balloons instead of leaves...easier clean up.

Go to Walmart and buy a bunch of cheap-o lingerie and string it about their yard along with some Mardi Gras beads ;)

I'll keep thinking. We *loved* pranks in college!

junkinmytrunk
03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Beth, those are great - clearly, you are no stranger to a prank! :)

gardenmommy
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
We had a prankish neighborhood in our old house...the best one was my DH and a neighbor used lawn fertilizer in a spreader to write "USC" on the front lawn of our other neighbor who is a devoted Notre Dame fan right before football season.

Do they have a lawn?

Fenway
03-16-2009, 07:08 PM
We had a prankish neighborhood in our old house...the best one was my DH and a neighbor used lawn fertilizer in a spreader to write "USC" on the front lawn of our other neighbor who is a devoted Notre Dame fan right before football season.

Do they have a lawn?

I can't mess with the lawn because DH is a lawn snob, so if they retaliate, he'll freak. lol.

snapdragon
03-16-2009, 07:42 PM
If you have snow, you could build a giant penis on their front lawn:p

Fenway
03-16-2009, 07:50 PM
If you have snow, you could build a giant penis on their front lawn:p

OMG! I cant believe you said that! I totally was going to do that this winter but the timing was never right to build the snow penis in time for their weekend visits.

Great (or dirty?) minds think alike. ;)

gardenmommy
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I can't mess with the lawn because DH is a lawn snob, so if they retaliate, he'll freak. lol.

I get it. We got a family of moles in our front yard a few months later and I kept telling DH that Karma is a bitch!

bethnjim
03-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Go in and saran wrap all of their toilet bowls right before they come up for the weekend. Running in after a long drive to use the bathroom and....;).

We pulled this prank when we were young...

Bellefior
03-17-2009, 05:29 AM
This was done by a family member. Another family member filled his car with styrofoam packing peanuts. Filled it to the brim. However, he got him back good. He took all the peanuts, put them in trash bags, waited while they were at work then went to their house and dumped them into their rec room. He then proceeded to turn the ceiling fan on at full blast, put the dog in there to run around for good measure and shut the door. They were still finding peanuts six months later in the oddest places! (This obviously only works if you have access to car or house keys.)

Adaya
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Go in and saran wrap all of their toilet bowls right before they come up for the weekend. Running in after a long drive to use the bathroom and....;).

We pulled this prank when we were young...

LOL! That's awesome.

Fenway
04-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Us: 1
Neighbors: 0

My grandmother has spent most of her life collecting decorations for the holidays and stashing them in her basement. Now that she is in assisted living we're trying to clean up her house. There were FIVE boxes of Easter crap. We filled up a box, snuck over to the neighbors and decorated their yard with:

2 Easter windsocks
2' bunny statue
a bunch of static clings on their brand new (less than a month old) windows
50+ Easter eggs
6 plastic Easter wall hanging thingies
tacky potted fake flowers

We haven't heard from them yet...

mcgwigan
04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Fenway That's great!!

Sunshine
04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
LOL, did you take a photo?

isign
04-13-2009, 12:14 PM
lol I'd love to see your art project :)

We used to fork lawns. When the lawns are wet - at night - stick plastic forks in them. When the sun comes up and the grown dries the forks are hard to get out :)

Fenway
04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
We were going to take pictures but before I had a chance, they packed up all the decorations and decorated our other neighbor's house because they were away for the weekend. :p

Brandles
04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
lol I'd love to see your art project :)

We used to fork lawns. When the lawns are wet - at night - stick plastic forks in them. When the sun comes up and the grown dries the forks are hard to get out :)

Did you put the prongs down in the lawn or the handles in the lawn?

mrschica
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
In gag gift stores they sell that yellow police tape that says "CRIME SCENE - DO NOT CROSS" on it. I'd put that around their house and then get some white washable paint, chalk or spray, and draw a body outline or two in their driveway. :D

bethnjim
04-13-2009, 05:53 PM
In gag gift stores they sell that yellow police tape that says "CRIME SCENE - DO NOT CROSS" on it. I'd put that around their house and then get some white washable paint, chalk or spray, and draw a body outline or two in their driveway. :D

Haha..that would be so funny!!

Fenway
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM

OMG! Awesome. We'll do that next.

NicoleWisconsin
04-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Go to thrift stores and buy bras. Hang them around the yard with a large note that says, "Your friends will always support you."

isign
04-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Did you put the prongs down in the lawn or the handles in the lawn?

Prongs in down in the lawn

Pineknot
04-14-2009, 12:16 AM
I LOVE the crime scene tape idea!!

Jen309
04-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Our favorite teenage prank was of course TP, but with a liberal sprinkling of Q-tips all over the lawn/bushes. They can't be easily raked, and swell a bit after they get wet... so our friends would have to pick them up one by one. Why are teenagers so mean to their friends? :)

Fenway
04-28-2009, 06:28 PM
M & B are fairly certain that we decorated their house for Easter, but we are still pleading the 5th. They packed up all the Easter crap on Easter morning and decorated L & M's house with it. L & M know that M & B decorated their yard, so L just ordered every pink flamingo item she could find, including floating ones for M & B's fish pond and a 5 foot blow up one.

In the mean time, DH noticed a For Sale By Owner sign in the back of B's truck. I KNOW that is meant for us (see original post.) We are going to try to steal the sign and put their phone number on it and post it in their yard.

M's sister and BIL live in the next neighborhood (weekend and summer home)over and they have a duck statue in their yard. Someone (no one knows who) put a bag over it's head and a rope around it's neck and left a note that said "next time it's curtains for quackers.) Hmmm... there is another player in the game that we have yet to identify....

M's parents also live in our neighborhood (weekends and summers.) Her mom has a dollhouse in the living room. Every time we are in her house we put the dolls in sexual positions. Well, that trick is getting old, so I just ordered some mini beer cans and bottles, a mini case of beer and a mini Playboy so I can stage a party in the dollhouse.

I'll keep you posted. :p

December27JJB
04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
LOL Im loving this!

PookiePrincess
04-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Man, I live a tame life compared to this!

Fenway
04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Man, I live a tame life compared to this!

LOL!

That is what happens when most of the houses on the island are seasonal/weekend/vacation homes. When our friends come down for the weekend they are in full party mode. It makes it hard to get anything done around here. Hah.

PookiePrincess
04-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I only wish I had such fun neighbors!

BusyBee21
04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Hahahahahaha! I am totally stealing some of these ideas! :)

ManteoChik
04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
M's parents also live in our neighborhood (weekends and summers.) Her mom has a dollhouse in the living room. Every time we are in her house we put the dolls in sexual positions. Well, that trick is getting old, so I just ordered some mini beer cans and bottles, a mini case of beer and a mini Playboy so I can stage a party in the dollhouse.

I'll keep you posted. :p

Can I just say that I love your friends and family? :D This stuff is hilarious and how fun that you have friends/family who are willing (and enthusiastic) about participating in the pranks.

Fenway
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I forgot I have pics of the dollhouse prank.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/mimgrrl/judysdollhouse3.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/mimgrrl/judysdollhouse1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/mimgrrl/Judysdollhouse2.jpg

isign
04-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Lol, I think we need to move, our neighbors are boring.

December27JJB
04-29-2009, 07:26 AM
LOL I love it!

You should get one of these blow up dolls or put a wig on couple of pillows and stuff it in their bed like someone is sleeping in there.

akacharlotte
04-29-2009, 08:53 AM
My ex-FIL and his brother used to do this kind of stuff to each other. They came home one day to find chicken fence up and live chickens in their front yard with a Chickens For Sale sign. His brother borrowed the chickens from a friend.

They did the flamingo thing as well and the crime scene. With the crime scene they found a mannequin's leg and half buried it in the yard.

We played a prank on my former boss. He had a small farm and goats. He was a huge Yankee fan and most of the office was Oriole fans. We got together a bunch of Oriole jerseys and dressed the goats in them.

Pineknot
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Charlotte......those pranks are the best!

Fenway, I laughed just imagining the dollhouse pranks but they're even funnier in pics!

kari
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I LOL at those pictures!

Fenway
05-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I heard there might be a flock of flamingos flying around my neighborhood this afternoon.... Hmmmmmm....

LOL. Do flamingos even fly?

Kimberland30
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
They did the flamingo thing as well and the crime scene. With the crime scene they found a mannequin's leg and half buried it in the yard.

LMAO at the mannequin leg! That is awesome.

I'm going to steal a couple of these ideas. We have 10 houses on our block and 8 households are very close - we've all lived here since the 80's.

I'm going to start a new gag "tradition". I need to spice things up around here!!!!

Winter Biscuit
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I thought of you the other day. Drove by a house that had several (like, 25-30) cows in the yard (not live cows -- the type you can stick in the grass like flamingos) and there was an accompanying sign that said "HERD the good news..."