PDA

View Full Version : Nordstrom Semi-Annual Sale

vee05
05-11-2008, 09:01 PM
So its that time again i guess ...i was hoping it would be june/july as usual but i guess they moved it up!

Niobe
05-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Just in time for stimulus check spending. ;)

ivansbabe
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I was there on Saturday and this woman who worked there was bringing out all these purses and another lady said "those don't go out yet, those will be for the sale!" I tried to get a closer look at what she had but she took her cart back rather quickly.

With the sale in June/July you get your first peek at fall stuff...I doubt they'd have that available this early. Oh well.

vee05
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I think thats the Anniversary sale right? Im hoping thats still in July!

ivansbabe
05-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Oh, maybe I'm confused then.

ManteoChik
05-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Is it in store only or online as well?

ihearttx
05-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Wait, is this the sale where they let you go into the private room and put your stuff away so then on the actual day you just go pick it up? I thought that was in late June?

Suzlywoozly
05-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I was there on Saturday and this woman who worked there was bringing out all these purses and another lady said "those don't go out yet, those will be for the sale!" I tried to get a closer look at what she had but she took her cart back rather quickly.

With the sale in June/July you get your first peek at fall stuff...I doubt they'd have that available this early. Oh well.

I think thats the Anniversary sale right? Im hoping thats still in July!

I think it is the Anniversary Sale in the summer and the sale that starts next week is the Half Yearly Sale.

ivansbabe
05-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Both sales are online and in store though right? Ah, what do I care :( I told myself not to buy as much stuff, clothes, etc. I'll be watching from the sidelines.

vee05
07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Nordies Anniversary sale starts next friday ladies...nordies card holders only get to pre-sale this year apparently! Anyhows i just did my pre-sale got my winter basics covered :)

Daisy
07-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I did my pre-sale shopping today and I did really well - I'm pleased! I got: two pairs of flats, navy juicy tracksuit, 3 sweaters, one layering tee, PJ's and some jeans for my little guy. I noticed that there was a ton more jeans on sale this year too (I have 2 weeks or less before my little guy makes his appearance, so no trying on jeans for me).

Also, you don't need to be a cardholder to get invited - I don't have one and I get invited every year. Just need to spend money and be tracked. :D

kate's mom
07-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I just got back from Nordstroms and did some preshopping.
I am not a card holder, but I went to buy bras and the woman took me in the back and let me shop. It was heaven.
I want to shop like that all the time.
I could not believe how great the savings were!!
I am pretty sure I will be going back on Friday to buy more.

Bastille
07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
So how does one pre-shop? I looked online and there was nothing

kate's mom
07-14-2008, 11:51 AM
When I was trying on bras the woman told me that they were going to be on sale on Friday and that I could pay for them now and pick them up on Wednesday. Then she said would you like to see what else is on sale and took me into the room where they had the clothes set up and let me pick different things out that I wanted to get.
I only went in the petite section, she offered to take me all around the store, but I was out of time.

vee05
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
For whatever reason the lady would not let my friend pay using her non-nordies card and told us it was only for nordies card holders. Anhows, I got some super cute suede grey pumps, coach sneakers, a pair of black semantiks pant, couple of BP sweaters, couple of t's, and a jacket.

Daisy
07-16-2008, 01:02 PM
vee05 - how strange, don't they want her business? Every single year I'm told by some sales person that I will not get a pre-sale invite unless I get a nordy's card and every single year I get an invite. :rolleyes: Go figure.

vee05
07-07-2009, 09:34 PM
bumping this thread. Anniversary sale starts July 17th :P

thegurl77
07-09-2009, 06:22 AM
I am so psyched for this sale!! Does anyone know how many days in advance you can pre-buy stuff? Thanks!

Mrs.Chappy
07-09-2009, 07:32 AM
love this sale..i always buy a few things to accent my fall wardrobe
and then there are the shoes.... oh how i love that dept!
DH and I are taking a few days and going away for my birthday sans kids...we are scheduling time to stop into Nordstroms on the afternoon we come back!

vee05
07-09-2009, 09:18 AM
nordstrom.com/anniversary has the booklet out.

I am going presaling t'row during lunch but i know its been on for a while :)

vee05
07-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I want the Tory Burch flats, some uggs for the winter since wer moving more nroth and some sweaters for me for now i think :)

shopaholic
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Does Northface go on sale as well? I really want a specific jacket.

vee05
07-09-2009, 10:40 AM
some of them. I saw some denali's on the racks the other day for 122.

Daisy
07-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Has anyone bought anything?

I did my pre-sale shopping at the store yesterday and found way more than I thought I would! Lots of great jeans and lots of amazing work clothes and dresses.

I spent a small fortune and got a pair of Hudson's and Sevens, 2 bras, hanky panky's, PJ's, navy cardigan, black theory pants and top, black ck dress, long taupe vince sweater/cardigan, another gray short sleeved long cardigan with a ruffled edge, black tee and several things for my little guy (2 pairs of shoes - I got those brown pumas from the catalog, they're so cute, jeans, navy track suit, thermal top, quiksilver polo). I also bought those Tory Burch flats in gold and some Cole Haan flats in black.

vee05 - the TB flats are pretty comfortable, much more so than her regular flats with the elastic back (IMO). They also come up a little higher on the foot, so no toe cleavage.

shopaholic - I have no idea since I didn't check out the coats, but I wouldn't be surprised since they had them on sale for kids.

vee05
07-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I pre-saled yesterday.

Joe's jeans, TB flats in black, FLat Ugg's in grey, 2 clutch's in black and brown from the BP section, North Face fleece's in green and pink. Need to go back and check the mens section and get a few things for the hubby but im satisfied for now :)

lee60657
07-12-2009, 09:40 AM
How do you pre-sale? I got the booklet and want to take advantage of the deals, but have no idea how to get in on the "pre-sale". I do not have a Nordies card, but am a very frequent customer - do I need to just go there and ask?

jerickson100
07-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Another clueless newbie here. What does pre-sale mean? Does that mean that you put the stuff on hold and buy it after the sale starts, or can you actually get the sale prices before the sale starts?

I have my eye on several wrap dresses. I hope the price goes down!

vee05
07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Just go into the store and any customer service counter and ask the ladies there if you can pre-sale. Pre-Sale basically means you can pick your items out and pick up the stuff by the 14th. 3 days before the sale itself :)

Its pretty nice.

Had to add i quickly browsed thru the mens section and DH is getting Puma's, lacoste polo, Burberry Polo and Hugo Boss Polo. I am excited to go back t'row and get the stuff for him. Hes going to be SUPER pissed at me but whatever hel look good :P

Winter Biscuit
07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Nordstrom newbie here ;) We just moved cross-country and now live <1 mile from a Nordstrom. We had a Nordies in our old state, but it was 3 hours away. Needless to say, I've never shopped there.

Dumb question: can anyone get the anniversary sale prices, or are those prices only for Nordy cardholders?

I don't have a Nordy's card, and don't/won't want one. But I do want some of the stuff I see in the anniversary sale catalog :)

vee05
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Its for everyone starting July 17th at 8 am :)

go ask at the counter for presale and they might let u do the presale.

lee60657
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Vee Thanks so much! I pre saled today:D Wow is that dangerous! I cannot believe the deals they had. I do not have a Nordies card, I called customer service at my store and they said I could of course do it. So I went over and just asked a sales associate and they were more than happy to let me in the "tent".

I got TB flats in black, grey cardie Uggs, True Religion jeans for my DD and DS (plus other random kids clothes), a Burberry bag, and a couple of shirts for myself. I did not look where the NF fleeces were - I have to pick my stuff up tomorrow, so maybe I will look for those.

vee05
07-13-2009, 05:41 PM
teehehehehe im glad you got the uggs and the burberry bag....my DH will seriously just be upset for a VERY long time if i splurged on it hehe even though i still might call my girl and order one!

vee05
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Ok went back got DH some stuff and returned a whole bunch of stuff that we hadnt used in the past few months so now i dont feel totally bad :P

Anna Low
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
We did pre-sale on Saturday. DH got a suit, sport coat, pair of pants, lots of socks, 3 ties and an shirt. Tailoring on the suit was a bear - he refuses to buy a suit unless the buttons on the cuffs can be made functioning.

sem426
07-14-2009, 07:22 AM
question- if you do pre-sale are the prices lower than if you go to the store this weekend during the regular sale?

vee05
07-14-2009, 08:46 AM
not really. But many of the things run out the first day sometimes so i just pre-sale coz i want to get my stuff earlier.

lee60657
07-14-2009, 08:52 AM
vee I hear you - but the Burberry was such a fantastic price - I could not leave it at the store. I got the chrome trim one, I already have 2 with the black leather so getting a different color trim helped justify the purchase;)

lilo
07-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Vee

I got TB flats in black, grey cardie Uggs, True Religion jeans for my DD and DS (plus other random kids clothes), a Burberry bag, and a couple of shirts for myself. I did not look where the NF fleeces were - I have to pick my stuff up tomorrow, so maybe I will look for those.

How much were the True Religion Jeans for your DS with the sale? Was it a great price because I see that they're over $100 online?

I can't wait for the sale. I need to buy some more Hanky Panky undies and a few bras. I might also buy a new fall bag and a new pair of Joe Jeans.

lee60657
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
lilo I think they were $58 or $68 - definitely the cheapest I had seen them -I am picking them up today, so I will confirm the price. The big boys ones might be more, DS is in toddler sizes.

I did not even go to the lingerie section........

vee05
07-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I just got a gucci wallet and bag in the Gucci sale so im trying to keep a low cc bill where bags are concerned hehehehe. Shoes however i lurve always need shoes :)

sem426
07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm so bummed I can't get to the store before the weekend...stupid work! I'm going to try and do some online shopping on Friday and hopefully I will be able to get some good buys early.

lee60657
07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Picked up my goodies (and bought a few more things:))

lilo The TR jeans were $58.90 and a size 2T - I think that the size 4-8 were $68.90

vee I missed the boat on the Gucci sale:( Were there good deals? Was it online or in the store?

vee05
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I picke dup and bought more too lord i need to stop going in there now!!!

Gucci was both instore and online. The initial days had some really good deals i got the bag and wallet i wanted pretty much 50% off so it was a good time :)

Bastille
07-15-2009, 11:09 AM
which TB shoes are on sale - can't seem to get that info from the nordstrom site.

lee60657
07-15-2009, 11:48 AM
bastille they are flats (in black and a goldie beige) not the reva ones, but they have a little bow on them with the TB logo in the middle. They are cute:)

Bastille
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I presaled yesterday which I think was the last day for the presale. They took me into the backroom and it was like a shopper's fantasy - all the pre-sale stuff there to choose from. It reminded me of being in Hong Kong and being taken to the knock-off room of purses - a shoppers delight.

Got the TB shoes in gold (they were almost sold out - got the last pair) and also Kate Spade in nude with rhinestones (so cute). Hudsons, PJs, Nightie, 2 bras, undies, sweater which was also going to be sold out, jacket. I went a little overboard and may return one pair of the shoes but I wanted to check them out at home and didn't want to run the risk of them being sold out. Saw some other things but had to have some restraint....

vee05
07-16-2009, 12:29 PM
My loot this yr:

TB Rory's in Black
Joes jeans
Kate Spade Izzy Sunglasses
North Face fleece in green
Boss Shirt for DH
Boss Pullover for DH
Burberry Polo for DH (Might return)
2 Lacoste T's for DH (will return 1)
Puma's for DH
MAC fresh cut pink's eyeshadow set

I need to lay everything out and decide what goes and what stays butoverall didnt do too bad :)

vee05
07-16-2009, 02:32 PM
So i am FUMING alright!

I get home from work and i get this box from nordies. Inside are the Joe's they had to order um in the wrong size then i notice they cancelled my TB Romy order!!!! So i get ahold of customer service and she informs me that they were instructed to not order anymore till the first day of the sale!!!! Well thank you for telling me weirdos! SO now i might stay up till 3 am EST to order these 2 things!!!!

lee60657
07-17-2009, 07:17 AM
vee What the heck? How did they cancel your TB shoe order? I would be really annoyed - did you call customer service and complain? Were you able to get the stuff online?

sem426
07-17-2009, 07:23 AM
I totally want thos TB flats..they only have them in a 5 or 5.5 online! ARGH!

right now i have a few things in my bag...i think i need to buy them ASAP or they will disappear. Does anyone know how Hudson's run? I have COH, SFAM, and True Religions...but this will be my first pair of Hudson's...do they run about the same?

lee60657
07-17-2009, 07:45 AM
sem Did you try calling customer service or your local store? They may be able to locate a pair for you and have them shipped. Good luck - they are cute shoes and at that price worth a little work to find:)

Can't help on the Hudson's I don't have a pair - the ones in the sale are cute though!

sem426
07-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Lee- I will try that! Thanks for the suggestion!

vee05
07-17-2009, 08:00 AM
I woke up at 5:30 am EST and ordered them!!! Am so glad i did coz now they r nearly sold out :)

I am zombie right now but atleast i got my sheosss!

Bastille
07-17-2009, 09:44 AM
I bought the Hudsons and the salesgirl said they do not stretch out as much as some of the other jeans - she said something like 5%. I think they are true to size. These Hudsons are especially made for Nordstroms because of the dark color and need to be sent to you - you cannot buy them at the store from what I understand although you can try them on there.

dana b
07-17-2009, 11:37 AM
i find that i end up returning or regret buying my anniversary sale purchases, so i held back this year. i found 1 cute victorian style black jacket and it sold out while in my cart :mad: i bought my usual 1 yr supply of kiehls lotion, a peacoat for ds (so cute!) and some small paul undies for him.

lee60657
07-17-2009, 11:51 AM
dana what is the special on kiehl's? I missed that one.

Correction I previously posted that my DS's TR jeans were $58.90 - I got them in the mail yesterday and the toddler sizes (his is a 2t) are $69.90. Not sure if it matters, but I wanted to correct it:)

vee05
07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
ladies for the cosmetics go instore...they have so many samples and other cutsey stuff to give away i might just go return mt online preorder and pick everyhting up in store!

dana b
07-17-2009, 12:15 PM
for some reason the beauty part of the sale isn't on the left side with the rest of the stuff, you have to go there separately. it's a huge bottle of creme de corps for $70. - it lasts me a year.

lcarlson90
07-18-2009, 10:43 PM
They had a lot of great stuff on sale this year. I bought a cute pair of black shoes, a sweater, a hat and a Small Paul undies set for DS.

I wanted to try the TB flats but I guess the Nordstrom close to me doesn't carry TB shoes. :mad:

lee60657
07-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Went again yesterday - I just got Joe's jeans for myself and DH. I am officially done with the Anniversary sale:o

ginad724
07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
So i am FUMING alright!

they cancelled my TB Romy order!!!! So i get ahold of customer service and she informs me that they were instructed to not order anymore till the first day of the sale!!!! Well thank you for telling me weirdos! SO now i might stay up till 3 am EST to order these 2 things!!!!

This happened to me too. I went into the store last Thursday and they didn't have my size so said they would order them from another store. I got a call yesterday saying the order was cancelled. I am fuming right now, and at this point there is no recourse as I've been told there's no way they can get anymore, they're supplier is out. I'm writing a letter corporate tonight, the way it was handled was just so poor.

vee05
07-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Man im so sorry!!!!! I woke up at 5:30 am friday morning and ordered it!

lcarlson90
07-22-2009, 08:51 AM
So i am FUMING alright!

I get home from work and i get this box from nordies. Inside are the Joe's they had to order um in the wrong size then i notice they cancelled my TB Romy order!!!! So i get ahold of customer service and she informs me that they were instructed to not order anymore till the first day of the sale!!!! Well thank you for telling me weirdos! SO now i might stay up till 3 am EST to order these 2 things!!!!

They did this to me last year. When I was in the store they were all out of the Paul Frank underwear for my DS and they said they would order them and ship them to my house. We paid for them and everything. They never even called me to tell me the order was cancelled. I had to call them three weeks later when the order never came and then they told me they had cancelled the order. :mad:

Mrs.Chappy
07-22-2009, 09:50 AM
OMG..i went yesterday and spent like $500...two pr. jeans (110$ total), two pr shoes (100$) total, a bunch of fall clothes (casual stuff), and lingerie..

shopaholic
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
I want to order a NF denali jacket but I am debating on hood or no hood.

shopaholic
07-23-2009, 02:10 PM
not that anyone cares but I ordered the jacket (without hood). I also selected the in-store p/u to avoid the shipping charges. There was a shirt I wanted but it wasn't available to p/u at the stores near me. Guess its not that big of a deal since it was $60 afterall!

vee05
07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
hehehe i was going to say without hood :)

vee05
07-23-2009, 10:39 PM
SO the joes jeans went back...baaaahhhhhhhh im gonna scream coz i love joes but i cant find the right fit :( Im gonna got try the hudsons on next but in the mean time i got DH couple of Penguin polos and boy are they fantastic. I have gone over board getting him polos but all of these last for so long they are worth it and the Penguins are only 29.50 i think. Oh returning the hugo boss shirt i got for DH too i looked elsewhere and found coupe of shirts for 30 bucks same brand and all so really not worth it.

sem426
07-24-2009, 07:49 AM
My order is supposed to be delivered today...hopefully, I won't be making a trip over the weekend to return because nothing fits!

vee- I ordered the Hudsons that were on sale...we'll see how they look!

dana b
07-24-2009, 09:20 AM
get the hudsons. i like them SO much better than joes, i love that wash, too - i would've bought them if i didn't have like 10 pairs already.

laura
07-24-2009, 11:19 AM
When does this sale end, does anyone know? I'm trying to resist, but my resolve is fading...

Bastille
07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Laura -

The sale goes until August 3rd but many of the popular items are already sold out. Have the store check other stores for the item if they don't have it. In my experience if they don't have it at the store you are at they will ship it to you from the other store for Free. Check out the website to see what they have on sale - I always check the Anniversary sale Bestsellers.

I am going later today to Stanford Nordstroms as there is an awesome personal shopper in the Dress - section named Christine who is French (so I get to talk French to her too). I am going to show her everything I bought (in SF Nordstrom's Pre-Sale) and see what she thinks. I'll be there later about 6:00ish. Although you might have better luck at the Valley Fair Nordies as it is a bigger store.

There are cute BABY GIRL things!! How can you resist?

HTH

shopaholic
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
how do you view the anniv. best sellers?

laura
07-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks, Bastille. I was at the Stanford Shopping Center yesterday, actually, and I was going to check out the sale but I completely forgot. Perhaps it's a good thing that store is detached from the regular mall. ;) Maybe I'll just zip by the website...

laura
07-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh dear, now I find I can't live without this Kooba bag...

http://content.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/product/Gigantic/16/_5882676.jpg

shopaholic
07-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I stopped by the sale again today and was on a direct mission. I wanted to look at a pair of pumas and that was it. No other browsing because I would do too much damage.

I got these:
http://content.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/product/Gigantic/4/_5836964.jpg

vee05
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I give up....i cant help but keep ordering something or the other for DH or myself. The mens deals are pretty good i think and then i had to get the hudsons boohoo :P

vee05
07-29-2009, 11:58 AM
And here begins the returning process......so the mens section presale guy forgot to mail my order so i stopped by and aske dhim and he found my bag...well lets just say he goofed up every single item there! he ordered all larger sizes!!! So now im returning 4 items and since they are sold out i cant get them anywhere.

the Hudson's skinny went back too same with some shoes and other stuff i ended up with the TB flats, the uggs and a north face fleece and thats abt it. Oh well better on the wallet now :)

sem426
07-29-2009, 12:01 PM
vee- I am returning the Hudsons too. Not loving them.

laura
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Got my Kooba today (above). Color is darker in person (and more green than blue) and very nice, although I am having a bit of buyer's remorse wondering if I should have gotten something 'safer' like chocolate brown. But perhaps that's why I have a million brown or black bags!

vee05
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
oh its a lovely bag :)

vee05
07-31-2009, 03:45 PM
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3043773/0~6002289~6002290~2379990~2379991?mediumthumbnail= Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2379991&P=1

Here you ladies go. Pre-Order it if needed :)

Bastille
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
OK - I got the TB flats in gold and haven't worn them yet and was thinking about taking them back. Any reviews on them?

vee05
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I lurve mine in black :) Pretty darned comfy too

sem426
04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I have a few birthday gift cards burning a hole in my wallet!! Any idea when this year's sale is??
I am going to try and presale for the first time this year.

thegurl77
04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I was buying my kids shoes there today and the man that helped me told it was mid July I think. Can't wait!

Mrs.Chappy
05-13-2010, 11:02 AM
it usually runs from just after my b-day 7/20 to my anniv 8/3 :) always a great excuse to get there..i'm already scheming!

vee05
05-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Oh yeh. I think its starting July 16th this year. they had it somewhere on their website.

merjmo
05-18-2010, 03:27 PM
I got a postcard today for the "Half-Yearly Sale for women and kids." Is this different from the Semi-Annual? This one starts May 26.

sem426
05-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure, but I definitely will be checking out nordstrom.com on wednesday now!
Thanks for the heads up!

vee05
05-24-2010, 06:25 PM
They started adding a whole bunch of stuff this morning. Tory Burch shoes 40% off some cute steals ;)

sem426
05-25-2010, 09:46 AM
They started adding a whole bunch of stuff this morning. Tory Burch shoes 40% off some cute steals ;)

I guess this is only in store? i don't see anything online yet. I am off from work on Thursday, I'm hoping to make it to the store then.

I just bought a pair of Tory Burch sandals w/the friends and family coupon last week! I could always use another pair!

vee05
05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Type in Tory burch and see the sale section!

laura
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh dear, I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread! :)

sem426
05-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I have a bunch of stuff in my bag ready to check out. Do you think they will add more items tomorrow since it's the "official" start date of the sale?

vee05
05-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Maybe they are kinda nuts abt their sales :)

ihearttx
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Anyone shop the presale???

boilermaker
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I was up there this weekend and took a look at several things. I did end up pre-ordering a pair of shoes but that's all. Everything else I liked was out of my price range.

Daisy
07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I did some pre-sale shopping this afternoon and did alright - Cole Haan boots, several cardigans (short and long sleeved), black and white layering tees, big cable knit wrap sweater (the BCBG one) and a couple of silky tanks for going out (one with sequins). I also got DS a few things - 3 pairs of pants, 2 cable knits, PJ's, socks and a winter coat. I also got a Little Giraffe blanket for my not yet born DS2 (they have several sizes, really well priced IMO).

Worth going, but I feel like I've done better in the past. They seemed to have a lot of denim too and some great work items.

Mrs.Chappy
07-21-2010, 08:18 AM
i spent my monday at Nordstroms; 3 hrs yielded me
* CK red flats
*2 bras, three pr undies, two reversible camis
*CK dress (belted)
*ruffled Cardigan, tank and top

The day before
*my kids scored Geox shoes - they wanted the same green light up ones..we were there before the doors opened!
*addidas outfit for DS1 and Starwars shirt
*cute jammies for DS2
*girl bday gift for a friends daughter

DH:
*4 designer shirts for work.

i literally had to pull myself out of the store so i wouldn't spent any more. My birthday was yesterday so that's whate DH and I got me:)

boilermaker
07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
I bet we got the same CK red flats Mrs Chappy! But mine are too small and now I have to go back.

What a great bday present though!

Mrs.Chappy
07-21-2010, 09:05 AM
I bet we got the same CK red flats Mrs Chappy! But mine are too small and now I have to go back.

What a great bday present though!

i first tried on the 8 1/2 and they felt big..i made the guy bring me an 8 which felt good, snug..but he said my toe was too far at the end and i went with the 8 1/2..i usually wear 9 sneakers and 8 1/2 or 9 shoes depending on the style, sizing... interesting that you had to return.. Are they with the buckle a tthe toe? cute!!!!

laura
07-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh, evil! So would you say those red flats run big or small? I typically wear a 9/9 1/2...

Mrs.Chappy
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Oh, evil! So would you say those red flats run big or small? I typically wear a 9/9 1/2...

try a 9.. you should be fine! i have to go back home and put them on..i haven't had them on since the store.

boilermaker
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Funny because I normally wear a 7 and I find the 7 to be too small. So I'm heading back to try the 7.5. BUT, I've got wider than avg feet (not that I need a wide, just that some shoes I can't wear because my feet are a tad bit wide).

laura
07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the additional info! I ordered a 9.5 b/c I have the same semi-wide issue - not wide enough to require W, but wider than M. So I'll see when I get them. :)

BusyBee21
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Pretty sure I just ordered the same shoes! My post-pregnancy gift to myself. I really hope they fit! :)

laura
07-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I just received mine and I can't tell if they will work, so I think I'm going to have to go try the 9 anyway. :p The 9.5 seem comfortable now, but if they stretch at all I think they'll be too big. They are super cute, though!

sem426
07-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Bumping t his up since the Anniversary Sale starts next Fri 7/15. I'm off from work on the 14th, so I'm wondering if I can pre-shop that day. DOes anyone know how that works? Do you need to have a Nordstrom credit card?

boilermaker
07-08-2011, 11:16 AM
If you have a nordstrom card, the sale started on the 5th. I went and looked but all I bought was bras. They had many things I liked but I was just not in the mood to buy fall/ winter clothiers right now.

Daisy
07-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm pre-sale shopping on Monday, but honestly, I wasn't going to since I'm so unexcited by the online catalog. My friend went and said she got a lot of good basics, so I'm going. I'm disappointed this year, seems very blah.

Anyway, here you need to call and make an appointment (although you really only need an appt for womens and shoes, the others I've always been able to just show up). They also want you to have the card unless you're on their list (I used to be before I gave in and got their card, but they still tried to get me to get a stupid card and would give me a hard time, even though I would get an invite in the mail).

RobynScott
11-02-2011, 06:21 AM
*bump* Starts again today!

sem426
11-02-2011, 12:01 PM
I ordered a bunch of things online for me and my kids. We'll see...I'm sure most of it will end up being returned!