PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel a lot of pressure down there?

doubleR
08-01-2005, 05:55 AM
I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it's almost like the pressure is right on my tailbone. It kinda feels like I have to go to the bathroom, but not really (and I don't)... and sometimes when/if the baby moves, the feeling will actually take my breathe away for a minute.

It's not so much pain as it just really uncomfortable. Does / did anyone else experience anything similar?

Hoping I'm not alone and thought I'd post in here before calling the Dr. like I said, it's not pain, so... could it be normal?

oh, and I'm 22 weeks, if that makes any difference!

mamax2
08-01-2005, 06:44 AM
I would call your Dr. I haven't experienced what you're talking about at this stage of pregnancy, but my SIL did and for her it ended up meaning bedrest. I'm not trying to be an alarmist or anything, but if you have pressure 'down there', I think your Dr. may want to check things out. Again, please don't freak out! I would at least call and tell the nurse what you're experiencing though - there could be lots of explanations for it, but my only knowledge is what happened to my SIL.

doubleR
08-01-2005, 07:29 AM
oh god, that is definitely not what I wanted to hear. bedrest hasn't even crossed my mind. yikes. thanks for responding though, I will definitely call my doctor now.

doubleR
08-01-2005, 07:55 AM
ok, 39 posts and only 1 response? noone else has any other advice to offer?

usafwife
08-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I experienced the feeling of pressure down low but it wasn't until I was further along. I was a little past 30 weeks - around 32 weeks - when it started. I would call your doctor and speak with the nurse and tell them what you are feeling. Then they can decide if what you are feeling is normal or what. And they may want to see you just to be on the safe side and check things out.

doubleR
08-01-2005, 01:16 PM
usafwife, I have an appointment to be seen tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll know more and hopefully it's nothing too serious.

shirsty
08-01-2005, 07:32 PM
I have been feeling pressure for a couple weeks now, but it's more like in the vaginal area than back by my tail bone. Like the baby is sitting/laying right on my cervix. I'm about 27 weeks. And it might last for a little while, but then it goes away. It isn't really uncomfortable or take your breath away type stuff though, I think it's good you're going in. And the fact that they'll wait to see you until tomorrow makes it sound like they're not too worried either. Good luck!

usafwife
08-01-2005, 08:53 PM
doubleR ~ I'm glad that you have an appointment for tomorrow. I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious. Please update when you get back.

Daniel's Kitty
08-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Good luck!

I have tons of pressure all over down there, but I am 38 weeks.

doubleR
08-02-2005, 09:03 AM
well, Baby R has moved, re-situated him or herself and THANK GOD :) :) :)

finally, late last night, I felt a lot of movement and then RELIEF. I called the doctor this morning and explained that the pressure was gone. they said it's totally up to me if I still want to be seen, so I cancelled my appointment. I'm going in next week anyway, and I've been looking forward to that appointment b/c it is with MY doctor - I've been rotating around the practice getting to know everyone :rolleyes: and I didn't want to go in today, for nothing, and then have that appointment cancelled.

I'm feeling lots of good kicks today, almost as if the baby is saying, I might have moved, but I'm still here ;)

thanks again girls, I appreciate the advice!

usafwife
08-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Glad to hear that your little moved and relieved the pressure that you had been feeling.

Toonces
09-27-2006, 05:42 AM
Bumping this up... does anyone else have stories to share about 3rd tri pressure? If you had it, when did you go into labor?

I don't remember having this pressure with DD and I'm sure I would remember. It's been happening for about 1 week and tomorrow I'll be 34 weeks. I told my OB about it at my appt on Mon and he said that they baby has probably dropped and engaged. Well this morning it's A LOT of pressure. It feels like something is going to fall out. It's definitely a pushing feeling on my cervix. Thoughts??

Wrighty26
09-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Bumping this up... does anyone else have stories to share about 3rd tri pressure? If you had it, when did you go into labor?

I don't remember having this pressure with DD and I'm sure I would remember. It's been happening for about 1 week and tomorrow I'll be 34 weeks. I told my OB about it at my appt on Mon and he said that they baby has probably dropped and engaged. Well this morning it's A LOT of pressure. It feels like something is going to fall out. It's definitely a pushing feeling on my cervix. Thoughts??

I had this the last few weeks that I was pregnant. I ended up being induced 2 days early because I was in so much pain and my Dr. offered. When I checked into the hospital I was having regular contrax (that weren't really painful), only 2cm dilated and around 40% effaced, BUT his head was so low that he was in almost a 0 station. The Dr also had a hard time breaking my water because he was so low! I have no advice, but I totally commiserate!

Rancid13
09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I didn't start feeling the baby move until around the 24w mark, but I definitely have been feeling some pressure down low that makes it feel like I have to go to the bathroom (even if I've just finished going!). It goes away when the baby changes positions but when he's sitting in just that right spot on my bladder, I constantly feel like I need to make a run for the restroom. I'll be 31w tomorrow.

lilo
09-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm so glad someone brought this up. I'm about 32 weeks now and lately have been feeling a lot of pressure down there too, even if I just went to the bathroom. I have a dtr. appt. next Monday so I'll definitely bring it up with her but I'm wondering if this is normal or something I should be worried about.

catgirl1007: Did you doctor check to see if the baby dropped? Is this something they can check internally for or just by looking at you?

Toonces
09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Thank you for the replies! It's so helpful to read about everyone else's experiences.

catgirl1007: Did you doctor check to see if the baby dropped? Is this something they can check internally for or just by looking at you?

No, he didn't check and that kind of irritates me. He's the newest OB at the practice, but is in his 40s and has previous experience. The other 2 who deliver are more conservative. I have an appt with the nurse practitioner, who is also conservative, on Monday. I think I'll call her this afternoon and get her take on things. Basically I told the OB that I was feeling a lot of cervical pressure and it felt like DS was trying to claw his way out, and that I was having horrific lower back pain. He said, "Well you are getting close, he's probably dropped and engaged." Now that I think about it, I kind of wish he would've done an internal.

From the research I've done this morning, this thread, and my doula (I emailed her this AM), it sounds like it can go either way - L&D soon or in a few weeks. Pregnancy is so ambiguous!

elladee
09-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Around 32 weeks I had a couple bad days with lots and lots of BH. Saw the doc and he made a comment that the baby had dropped. Not long after that I got super duper uncomfortable, having to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes, feeling like the baby was going to fall out, etc. DD was born 7 weeks later.

PinkMartini
09-27-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm 37 weeks now and have been feeling the pressure for weeks now, at least since around 32 weeks... It's SUPER uncomfortable. Especially when he moves around and I swear, puts his head right on my bladder. It comes and goes throughout the day and since he's dropped (last week) it happens A LOT more

Lizard
09-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I remember that pressure... it started around 35-36 weeks. It was terrible and nothing would relieve it.... sometimes it felt like DD was grinding her head on my cervix, ugh. It was so bad that I mentioned it at my 36w appt., and my OB did an internal which showed I was 2cm dialated and 50% effaced. I had thought that the pressure combined with the dialation/effacement meant I'd have the baby early, but no dice... I didn't go into labor until 39w 2d

Hang in there! Like your OB said, it means the baby is starting to drop and move into the right position.

BethIrish
09-28-2006, 08:17 AM
For those of you feeling the 'pressure' down low...is it all the time? Every time I stand up I'm feeling lots of pressure/pain in my lower abdomen. I'm assuming this is normal, though I will bring it up tomorrow at my appointment. ;)

I'm 32w2d right now and if this is what the next 8 weeks is like...I can totally understand why women in their 3rd trimester are so uncomfortable/cranky/tired!

Toonces
09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
My pressure isn't constant. It happens 3-4 days/week, off and one, for a total of maybe 20-30 minutes/day. When I say "down low", I mean in my crotch. It feels like there's a bowling ball in between my legs that's about to fall out. When DS grabs that cervical nerve I literally have to grab between my legs from the pain and stop talking.

I ended up seeing the nurse practitioner yesterday and had a transvaginal u/s, regular u/s, and internal exam. Everything is good. DS isn't engaged but his head is right above my pubic bone. The NP thinks he's grabbing my cervical nerve. I also have a curved tailbone from a previous accident and he's rubbing his head against it, so that's why I have back pain. I carried DD very high and she didn't drop until I was in labor, so this is all new for me.

kiki61872
11-14-2006, 07:18 AM
i'm bumping this up again .....

i'm only 16w and i swear i feel like someone kicked me in the crotch (sorry if thats graphic).
but like in the front - behind my pubic bone if that makes sense.....

i had alot of pressure with DD but it was at the end of my pregnancy and it was more - umm- in between my legs so to speak.

anyone else ever get this?

i have an appt thursday morning so i'm definately going to ask about it but just thought i'd check here too...