PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers - Part III

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

KaliLily
03-13-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm finishing my first week today, and weighed in this morning. They wrote down that I lost 1.4 lbs, but when I went to update my weight in eTools it showed I had lost 2.4 lbs. I then realized they must've subtracted wrong this morning. :p

I put a post-it note on my weight card so I'll remember to point it out when I go back next week. :)

Sol
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy, emmjay!

2.4 is great KaliLily!

I lost just 0.8 this week, but I got my 25 lbs magnet! I thought it'd never come :D Next week I'll make lifetime.

pocahontas
03-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi ladies...I apologize if this is posted somewhere in the thread as I am not subscribed. So I'm not sure where to find it, but can someone direct me to the site where it lists how many points and/or calories certain fast food products are. (I had this site saved once but lost it when we unsubscribed to AOL). I know it has a list by store like Taco Bell (with a list of their items and points or calories), etc. If someone can post a link I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

jennylou
03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I think you're talking about dottie's weight loss zone....

kristine80
03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I think that is the one.. It's the one I use for all that info.. www.dwlz.com

JennW
03-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Congrats to all the losers! And congrats emmjay on your pregnancy!:)

I am getting discouraged. It's been two weeks of no loss. It's been a stressful few weeks for me and I've had a difficult time staying OP but for the most part have done it and even gotten in some workouts. I don't know why this diet is going so slow for me in general. I had a goal weight to reach mymy son's b'day (Sunday) and I am nowhere near it. I resigned myself a few weeks ago to not meet the goal but I was hoping to come close and feel a little bit better about myself at his party.:(

OK. Enough of the pity party. I'm on plan and not straying so in time I know it will catch up. I just wanted to complain a bit since you guys have all been there...

jennylou
03-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Congrats emmjay on your pregnancy!

JennW - sorry you aren't losing as quickly as you'd like.

jules, kaililly Mystikal, lanapoo and sol - congrats on your losses this week. :)

As for me, down another 3 pounds this week for a total of 42 pounds lost since 12/27/06. My first big goal of 50 pounds, is suddenly very attainable, with just 8 more pounds to go!

[b]

JennW
03-14-2007, 06:06 AM
CONGRATS Jenny!!!!! You must feel fantastic!:)

pocahontas
03-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I think that is the one.. It's the one I use for all that info.. www.dwlz.comYES! YES! That's it! Thanks so much!

Dettes
03-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Congrats Emmjay - that is great news!

Great job losers.

allyray231
03-14-2007, 09:11 AM
congrats jenny!!

Dettes
03-15-2007, 06:38 AM
So I WI in this morning and lost nada! Well, that is not entirely true, while I am still at the same weight as my last WI, when I returned from vacation on Monday, I was 1.5 over last week's number, so I did manage to shed what I had gained in a matter of 5 days. I am ok with not losing anything this week, especially considering that I consumed 96, yes, 96 points above my allotted and flex points last week - and that is based only on what I remembered logging while on vacation. I'm back on track this week. Have a great day everyone!

allyray231
03-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Dettes, I give you credit for even TRACKING on vacation!!

I went today to get weigh-in since we are suppose to get some crazy snow and I lost 2.2 lbs! I am pleased-that is a total of 6. Not bad for 2 weeks I think. I can't wait to reach 10!!!

JennW
03-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Dettes, I give you credit for even TRACKING on vacation!!
Ditto this!!!:)

Congrats Allyray!

greenbunny
03-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Great job everyone, keep it up! TGIF!

Best diet aid ever: I was on the couch watching a movie and was thinking about getting up for some ice cream, when Bella jumped on my lap, started purring and kneading, and went to sleep. Obviously I couldn't move and disturb her. :D

JennW
03-16-2007, 06:35 AM
greenbunny - Send you cat to my house between 8:30-9:30 every night.;)

IrishEyes
03-16-2007, 06:51 AM
LOL, greenbunny, who knew cats were diet aids?

Congrats to everyone on doing well this week. I lost another 1.6 lbs for a total of 14.8. I get strength from how great I feel--with more energy and seeing how great clothes fit again--that I don't give in to food like I used to. Last weekend, I even made a key lime pie for DH, and I've only had one piece!

jennylou
03-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Irisheyes - congrats on your loss!

dettes - I'm impressed you tracked too! I didn't on vacation, just tried to eat smart where I could and not worry about it too much. So, good job to you! :)

smile78
03-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I did a baaaaad thing... I bought treats for a training I was doing to give out as prizes... the reeses penut butter eggs... well I got through the day without eating ANY of them and last night cave and ate one, then another... then just one more... GOOD GOD, they are 5 points each! So, I got rid of them... I am down 12 pounds, no way I am going to give that up over a moment of weakness. :rolleyes: Anyway.... bad day for me yesterday! Today is a new day!

KaliLily
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh, Easter brings the best candy. I managed to fight the urge when I was at Target 2 days ago, and instead bought a bag of the Weight Watchers by Whitman Coconut Chocolates (1 point/piece). They are actually quite good! Ate 4 this afternoon. :D (I think I may have to use some of my Flex Points, which is positive seeing as last week I didn't eat close to all of my points 6 of 7 days.)

smile78 - Will your Flex Points cover your indulgence? If they do, then it's not a "bad" day, it's just a Flex day! ;)

udsweetpea
03-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I've noticed some candies have the same points values as the WW candies. I usually grab a few of those mini York peppermint patties for 1 point each, and they don't have the fake sugar that gives me a stomach ache.

JennW
03-16-2007, 03:26 PM
OMG. Those Reeses eggs are so good. Peanut butter is so my downfall.:p

smile78
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Kim, yes... I am just going to call it a flex day and try to stay on plan for the rest of my 'week'. I WI on wednesdays so it will be a LONG weekend with no flex points... but I can also use some AP which will motivate me to get out and work out this weekend! :)

smile78
03-16-2007, 03:29 PM
OMG. Those Reeses eggs are so good. Peanut butter is so my downfall.:p

I (obviously) have to agree with you!! They ARE the best! Better than the normal peanut butter cups I think becasue there seems to be more PB in them... I LOVE them... but, I thankfully made myself feel sick so maybe it will motivate me to stay away! :)

KaliLily
03-16-2007, 05:30 PM
but I can also use some AP which will motivate me to get out and work out this weekend! :)

That's a great idea! :) I'd love to get out and go for a walk but it's been snowing all day! I'd been walking every day since Sunday until yesterday when our beautiful Summer-like sunny weather turned to rain, followed today by snow. :rolleyes:

berry
03-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I've been very lax about posting lately.

I made it to my first goal and lost more than 20 lbs! I love the feeling of buying new smaller clothes!

SW before program: 208
SW: 203.0
CW: 180.0
TL: -23
1st GW: 183 (10%) YES!
2nd GW: 170

I had a bunch of visitors and an out of town trip last week, so I wasn't really counting points. The last two weeks I've stayed at the same weight. I'm thinking I need to refocus and possibly to readjust my daily points. Thoughts?

JennW
03-16-2007, 06:52 PM
berry - CONGRATS!:)

ksull17
03-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Haven't posted here in a little while. But I WI this morning and lost another pound, which brings me to 10 pounds gone! :D I would like to lose 5 more by the end of the month. That feels like a lot, and especially considering I've only been losing about a pound a week. But I'll try to lose what I can. I was reallllly bad last week so I've got to buckle down and get back in gear this week. Hope everyone has a good week!

greenbunny
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I've gained for the fifth week in a row. I've now gained back 25% of what I lost. I don't know WTF is going on. I admit I was lax for a couple of weeks, but I've been really strict for the past month. It's like my body wants any opportunity to squeeze in extra calories to pack on.

KaliLily
03-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I've gained for the fifth week in a row. I've now gained back 25% of what I lost. I don't know WTF is going on. I admit I was lax for a couple of weeks, but I've been really strict for the past month. It's like my body wants any opportunity to squeeze in extra calories to pack on.

Are you on Core or Flex?

greenbunny
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Flex. I tried Core (for a week) a while ago and DH absolutely flipped out about it (he does all the cooking) and said he wasn't going to live on "rabbit food".

Lanapoo
03-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Congrats Berry and Ksull!

Greenbunny - Perhaps you're being too strict. Maybe try eating all of your flex points for a couple of weeks an see if that helps. I've seen quite a few threads on the WW site where people got over your situation by eating more.

Me - 2 pounds down today for a grand total of 12 pounds gone! Yay, I didn't think I ate all that well this week either. I did stay on program though..

smile78
03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Nice job Lanapoo, I WI on wednesday so I will see what happens from here... haven't gotten any AP's in at all yet this week. And, haven't been all that great with food either... ok, but not great.

Greenbunny, hang in there... I wish I had some wisdom to share but I haven't been doing this long and fell that I am still learning as I go! Just keep it up!:D

greenbunny
03-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks, guys! I will try to get all my FPs in and see how it goes.

KaliLily
03-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Greenbunny - Also make sure you're eating at least half of the activity points you earned. That was a tip from my leader last week.

Question: I spent all afternoon hanging art work and picture frames throughout my house. Can I have at least 1 activity point for that? :)

smile78
03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I would count it :)

Mystikal
03-20-2007, 03:30 AM
Lanapoo I found your two pounds. :p

WI this week had me gain two pounds. I'm not beating myself up, though, because I have really been eating like crap and not following the plan for a couple weeks now. I'm lucky that I kept losing for a while like I did. Anyway, I'm back on track this week and yesterday I stuck to my points and did 30 minutes of yoga/pilates. I'm feeling better already! :D

Lanapoo
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
LOL Mystikal! Well, whatever you do...don't give them back to me! Send them to someone who needs them, like Nicole Richie :p

KaliLily
03-20-2007, 01:29 PM
WI this morning...

I LOST 3 POUNDS!! (Total loss of 5.4 in 2 weeks.) :D

I'm going to the park now to walk the 2 mile nature trail.

JennW
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Congrats KaliLily!:)

Dettes
03-20-2007, 06:53 PM
HELP!!!! Is anyone out there to talk me off the ledge? We had company this weekend and they left a box of the most delicious chocolate dipped biscotti, and I don't even like biscotti. I just ate one (2 points), however, I still have half a cup of tea left and am sooo tempted to get another. I'm already over my points for the week and I don't WI until Thursday. :eek:

kristine80
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Something that has kept me from going crazy a few times from DWLZ..

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

Makes me realize that is just food, and it will be there tomorrow, next week next month. If I don't eat it now, I can still indulge in it a little later when I can treat myself. HTH! :)

KaliLily
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
HELP!!!! Is anyone out there to talk me off the ledge? We had company this weekend and they left a box of the most delicious chocolate dipped biscotti, and I don't even like biscotti. I just ate one (2 points), however, I still have half a cup of tea left and am sooo tempted to get another. I'm already over my points for the week and I don't WI until Thursday. :eek:

If you need a few extra points to get you through the week, you could go for a walk.

As for the biscotti, think of how bad you'll feel to have wasted the points on something you don't even like. And go get yourself some Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars. At 2 points per bar (and 35% of the recommended daily fiber), it's a filling snack that also satisfies the chocolate cravings.

jennylou
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
kalilily - great loss!

dettes - hope you were able to resist the urge!

lanapoo - great job!

mystikal - hope this week is a better one!

jennylou
03-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Down another 2 pounds today!

JennW
03-21-2007, 06:11 AM
Yay Jenny!:)

greenbunny
03-21-2007, 06:49 AM
WW yogurt was on sale this week, and WOW is the key lime pie good! 1 point for a 6-ounce cup! I am sold.

chefker
03-21-2007, 07:16 AM
KaliLilu - WTG! Great job on your loss. :)

I am still around, although not much new to report, as I have been maintaining at 141 for over a month. I WOULD like to get back to my original goal of 135 (I recently changed my goal to 140), but it feels like I've just plateaued, big time. I think increasing my amount of running may help things along, although I don't always have the time to exercise as I should!

I'm being pretty hard on myself lately, because my doctor said I should lose 20 more pounds. I think she's full of crap, because that would actually put me BELOW the WW recommended weight for my height. Realistically, I know my doctor is being unreasonable, and her recommendation is ridiculous; unfortunately, her criticism triggered a bunch of self-loathing.

So that's where I'm at right now--what I need to do is see how far I've come, instead of beating myself up over some unhealthy weight goal. It's been hard, but I'm doing my best to remain optimistic. Oh yeah--I'm totally finding another doctor, after all that!

cheryll_with_2els
03-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Good morning, ladies. Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in here. :)

I had WI this morning, and I'm totally in shock!

After my *gain* of +0.1 last week (which I consider a maintain rather than a gain), this week I lost -5.9 lbs.!!! For a total loss of 96.4 lbs. Like I said, I'm still in major shock.

I upped my exercise a couple of weeks ago, which I attribute my maintain to. For those of you seeing a gain after you increase or change your exercise regime, DON'T GIVE UP! The scale WILL catch up.

Now onto my next big goal: 3.6 till I reach the 100 lbs. gone mark.....and 13.6 to GOAL!

The system prompted me to retake the points quiz, and my daily points are supposed to go down to 20. Obviously I'm losing at 21, so I'm debating whether I should just keep it at 21 for a couple weeks. I'm eating all my flex points and about 1/2 of my APs. I will be thinking about this today.

jennylou
03-21-2007, 07:41 AM
cheryll - woot! Awesome job. :) You are truly an inspiration to all of us out there. :) WTG, I can't wait for those 3.6 pounds so we can cheer your 100 pound loss! :)

JennW
03-21-2007, 07:50 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cheryll!:D Awesome job!!!

BethIrish
03-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi Ladies :)

I joined online this week and things are going well! I'm breastfeeding, so I'm approaching this with caution - I had supply issues in the beginning, so I'm being very careful to eat my points ;) My total goal loss is close to 90lbs, so I've got a long way to go. My motto is going to be "slow and steady wins the race!"

Anyway, I noticed something with the online points tracker. Many times when I look up a food by brand/item it gives me a different point total then if I calc it based on the nutrition info. Does anyone know why this happens? It's been "off" by anywhere from .5 to 1 point. Which one do you guys go with??

jennylou
03-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Beth - I do all the computing on my own, since I'm not really a member. ;)

allyray231
03-22-2007, 06:00 AM
beth I heard that online can be off and a bit generous. When in doubt, I do it on my own.

JennW
03-22-2007, 06:02 AM
I do my own as well since I'm not a real member.

greenbunny
03-22-2007, 06:02 AM
BethIrish I usually set my portions a little higher than I truly ate to account for that. So, if I had a cup of yogurt, I'll put in 1.25 cups.

allyray231
03-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Weigh in today-down 2.6 for a total of 8.6! I am excited :)

BethIrish
03-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Great job Ally!!

JennW
03-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Yay Ally!

allyray231
03-23-2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks guys!!

IrishEyes
03-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Congrats, ally!

Chefker, I'm sorry to hear about your interaction with the doctor. I know one thing I have thought about when setting my goal weight (which is 150 this time, I'm 5'8" tall) is about maintenance. Nine years ago, my first time doing WW, I got down to 140 (about halfway in the WW recommended weight range). I loved it, but I had a hard time maintaining my weight down there. When I lost weight before my wedding, I got to 150 (still in the recommended WW weight range) and still felt good about my size and found it a little easier to maintain.

I'm not sure what your doctor is smoking, especially since it sounds like she's recommending you lose an unhealthy amount of weight, but no matter what, you need to think about how great it is that you've lost so far, and the positive health outcomes you've achieved.

Aug2002Bride
03-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Great job Ally!!! Are you doing Core or Flex?

I WI today and was only down 0.8lbs...but Ill take it considering the emotional and stressfilled eating I did this past week. I was expecting to gain so that was a nice surprise.

berry
03-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm down 3 pounds this week!

I hadn't lost the last two (or was it 3?) weeks, thought I had some plateau going. I stuck with it and added in more exercise. Like cheryll said, it does pay off!

Congrats to all the losers and for everyone for sticking with it even when it seems tough!

JennW
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Congrats Aug2002Bride and berry!:)

Katy
03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Man, I've been crazy insane the past two months. Between being out of town a couple of times, getting sick and just taking liberties, I managed to show a gain - go figure. Interestingly enough though, I just weighed in yesterday and for these two months, my gain was *only* 2.2 pounds! Heck, I've gained that much in a week before!

So I guess it's like they say, if you watch what you eat (and drink) :o and exercise, you really can make a difference. So while I gave myself far too much "flex" these past two months, I also stayed in control a bit. Instead of the fries with my burger, I ordered the salad. Instead of a full-fat, venti mocha, I went with the tall, non-fat, sugar-free latte. Instead of pigging out on cookies and cakes, I had my low-fat and sugar-free treats.

So not too bad. After the hubby's birthday weekend, I'll be back to 100% in control (I've been tracking and working out regularly this past week now). So yeah, not too bad.

BethIrish
03-26-2007, 04:43 AM
Good Morning ladies!

Just wanted to say - I had my first weigh in this AM - I'm down 6 pounds :D

jennylou
03-26-2007, 05:30 AM
ally - congrats!

August2002bride - Hey, that's almost one full pound, which is almost four sticks of butter! WTG!

berry - yay for breaking the plateau!

katy - I think you've done great considering you haven't been 100% on plan!

Beth - congrats!

kristine80
03-26-2007, 06:10 AM
So again, I haven't been real good this last week.. But I still have a loss of .5, but I'm just glad it was a loss, no matter how small. Don't want to jinx things but since I started Jan 1st I haven't had any gains, some very small losses but no gains which I am happy about.. Down 17.8 total. Finding it hard to stay motivated cause I'm at a place where I am comfortable and it is so easy to just stay here.. Really would like to lose another 10-15, but apparently not enough to stay strict.. :rolleyes:

jennylou
03-26-2007, 06:31 AM
kristine - you're doing great! I hope you find the motivation to keep on going. Though, being in a place that's comfortable is great too. :)

cheryll_with_2els
03-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Good morning, ladies, and Happy Monday (said with tongue in cheek)! :D

I read something on the WW boards yesterday that I wanted to share with you. This was posted yesterday by CLOESCH6288 on the 100+ Board, and itís SO inspirational!

<<<I was out walking today around a small lake where I live. One lap around is exactly Ĺ mile - so I go there to keep better track of my distance.

There were three people that showed up to bike together. One went out ahead with one in the middle and one guy right behind. It was obvious the woman in the middle wasn't steady on a bike and when I walked by I could hear the guy behind her encouraging her and telling her to make slight adjustments. So I figured she was learning to ride.

This went on for quite awhile and I started thinking, "Man, even if I was just learning to ride, that would really start to pisss me off - that guy giving me directions constantly."

Then I realized - the woman was blind. She was riding a bike by herself and she was blind. The man behind her was navigating for her - being her eyes.

I spoke with the other woman later - I told her to tell her friend that I thought she was fabulous and that she made me want to do better. She said they do triathalons together, but they've always done them on tandem bikes. This time - she wants to do it on her own.

Amazing!!! >>>

I donít know about you, but this REALLY inspired and encouraged me to press on with my goals. It made such a profound impression on me that I worked out on the treadmill for an hour after reading this. Burned 460 calories. Did I feel the burn? Yes! Did I get tired? Yes! But I was incredibly inspired after reading about the courage of a blind woman riding a bike on her own. I read this yesterday, and I *still* get teary-eyed reading it this morning.

Whatever obstacle youíre facing, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

kristine80
03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
WOW... That is a great story Cheryll!! Thank you so much for sharing :) Hopefully the inspiration from that will get me back on track! ;)

JennW
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Great story.:)

Lanapoo
03-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Congratulations Ally, Berry, Aug2002 and Kristine on your losses!
Yay Katy for getting back on track. 2.2 isn't that much of a gain for 2 months. It makes me realize how much these eating habits will help once I'm down to my goal weight.

Woohoo BethIrish! That first WI is very exciting isn't it?

Great story Cheryll :)

Me - I WI this morning with a loss of .8. A loss is a loss in my book and I'm very happy with it. So I'm down a total of 12.8 pounds so far and just chugging along.

greenbunny
03-26-2007, 11:37 AM
What an inspiring story. :)

I've now gained back HALF of what I've lost. As of today (WI day) I am hardcore again. I threw out everything in my cabinets remotely resembling snack food, and I'm going to go nuts on the elliptical when I get home. Apparently I can't do this unless I'm psycho about it, so it's back to my old perfectionist habits.

IrishEyes
03-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Well, it had to happen sometime. I gained 0.8 lbs this week. Oh well. I'm going to forget about it and move on. We're going on vacation tomorrow for a week, so I'm going to try real hard to make good food choices and be as active as possible.

allyray231
03-27-2007, 06:25 AM
hang in there irish! just a little set back

I didn't track at all this weekend but I tried to be good when we went to dinner. Then I got a bad cold and didn't eat anything Sunday. So yesterday I tried to ease back in and am back on track today. It is so hard traveling and watching what you eat!!

Kimberland30
03-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Well I'm back again for the upteenth start-up. Every little bit helps, right?

I started working out regularily back in the beginning of January (Curves). Was doing really great until about 3 weeks ago, when I got sick, then DD got sick - my workout partner - then life took back over again. When I was working out I figured that I'd get into the swing of going to the gym again, then working on my eating habits. No such luck. So I've set myself up to going to the gym again AND doing WW on a daily basis. Even if I don't make it to the gym, I *plan* on at least doing something active. Which shouldn't be hard since we have both a home gym and treadmill at home. I'm just so unmotivated once I get home.

Hopefully with the nicer weather coming up I'll be outdoors more, and moving more. I've already asked DH to fix DD's bike so I can ride it into work - one mile each way. And since I usually go home for lunch, I have the potential to ride 4 miles each day that I don't bring in my car.

The good news is that I weighed myself last night at the gym (first time back in 3 weeks) and still had a loss of 3.5 pounds from last month. I can't complain about that!

Congrats to everyone on your success!

KaliLily
03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I really struggled with M&M cravings this week, but I successfully fought them and lost 2 more lbs! I was surprised since I started my period today. I don't feel too bloated, though. Maybe all the water I'm drinking is helping with that.

I'm down a total of 7.4 now. I'm hoping to lose 2.6 this week for a total of 10lbs by the time my folks arrive next Wednesday.

Oh, and I fit into my size 20 jeans today! :D Found my old 18s (still in great condition) a couple days ago. Can't wait to fit into those!

Congratulations to everyone on their loses, and to Kimberland for your "upteenth start-up." ;)

jennylou
03-28-2007, 06:01 AM
WI today, lost 4 pounds this week.

BethIrish
03-28-2007, 06:02 AM
Jenny, that is awesome! Good job :)

JennW
03-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Great job, Jenny!:)

chefker
03-28-2007, 06:26 AM
IrishEyes - Thanks. I'm totally looking for a new doctor. I've never had a doctor who was so anal about me reaching some super low BMI. Weird.

cheryll - Great story, thanks for posting it.

Jenny, WTG! You are on fire. :)

I still haven't lost anything. :( However, I've maintained 141 for nearly two months now, with no gain--I guess that's something to be proud of. But I'm not really.

I want to lose just six more pounds to get to my original lifetime goal, and it seems damn near impossible lately. I need to do something different, obviously--more exercise, or cut back on my daily points and not dip into Flex.

JennW
03-28-2007, 06:34 AM
chefker - When I first started I didn't lose for over a month. Now I've been at a standstill for weeks as well. I have no advice to offer but wanted to commiserate with you. You're not alone! And when you figure out what jumpstarts you I'll be following suit cause something's gotta give!

cheryll_with_2els
03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Jenny: Great loss! Congrats!!

Today was my 50th WI. Almost a year now. :) Since I'm an online member only of WW, every week I go to the WW boards and come here and post whether I've had a loss or gain. This is just one of the ways I keep myself accountable. For 50 weeks I've done this.

I have nothing good to report today. Had a gain of +1.0 this morning. There could be a million reasons for this gain, two of which come to mind:

1) TOM is due any day.
2) After my HUGE loss last week of -5.9, my body is adjusting and saying, "Whoa, woman! Slow down!" LOL

Next week may be better; it may not. Am I discouraged? No! Do I feel like giving up? Hell no!

I am a WWer, and this is my life. Of course I want to reach goal, and I'm confident I will. But if I never lose another pound, my life is SO MUCH BETTER and I'm so much healthier than I was 50 weeks ago. :)

Aug2002Bride
03-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Jenny-Nice job...Any special tips or things you did this past week that you want to share? (Okay do I sound like a meeting leader or what?!)

jennylou
03-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Jenny-Nice job...Any special tips or things you did this past week that you want to share? (Okay do I sound like a meeting leader or what?!)

LOL, the only thing I did differently was I didn't really journal my food.:o I am so back on that though - as I know that will be my downfall!

allyray231
03-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Lost another 1.4 this week for a total of 10!

KaliLily
03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Great job, Allyson! I'm hoping to hit the 10 lb mark Tuesday.

ManteoChik
03-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Re-joining.....third time's a charm???

I'm Courtney, and a lifetime member of WW. SO and I started WW in '04 after moving to FL to go to school. We used to attend all of the meetings together and he was a big help. SO lost around 40 pounds (I think) and I lost 13...I went from 128 to 115.

After reaching goal and becoming lifetime I sort of fell off the wagon and gained it all back...plus some extra. I tried to start WW again but it didn't work, I guess I just wasn't ready.....lol.

I just started up again in January. This time we've moved home to NC and several of my friends are doing it with me (they just started a meeting here in our town) so that makes it a lot easier.

Current Stats:
Starting Weight: 134
Current Weight: 125.8
Total Loss (so far): 8.2 lbs
Goal Weight: 120

My previous goal weight was 117, and I got down to 115. I've finally realized that I just don't have the body I did 7 years ago and trying to maintain 115 just isn't realistic....I have big boobs....lol. That being said, I might give it a shot and if I can get to 115 and stay their (while being healthy) I might do it.

greenbunny
03-31-2007, 01:42 PM
I've been going through my cookbooks and tossing the ones that give no thought to healthy eating...does anyone have any specific WW (or other lowfat) cookbooks to recommend? I got a very old WW stirfry magazine at a used book sale, and I'd like some more current options.

mobox
03-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone! I'm baaaaack. AFter giving birth and nursing for 4 months, I am back to WW. I'm doing online only like I did before. Can you believe that I'm back to my starting weight of Oct 02? That sucks man. But after being at the pet store today and having someone say what cute pregnant lady I was, I was mortified and came right home and signed up. Thankfully, I"m only 5 pounds from my pre-preggo weight. And other than my stomach, the rest of my body is pretty much the way it was before I got pregnant. Anyway, wish me luck!!!

jennylou
03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Welcome back manteo and mobox!

ally - congrats on the loss!

Lanapoo
04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Welcome back Manteo and Mobox!

Congrats on your loss Ally!

Me - No loss this week, no gain either. Looks like I need to pay more attention to keeping track of my points. Hopefully I'll have a loss by next Monday. I'll be in Vegas then so I want to behave this week so I can treat myself a little while I'm on vacation.

BethIrish
04-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Add me to the no loss, but no gain either club. :rolleyes: Sigh. Actually, I should be happy. I was starving last week, even with my additional nursing points AND eating my flex points. I definitely went over my points on a few days. I think DS is going through a growth spurt. At least, that's what I am blaming my hunger on.....

Anyway, no worries. I'm still 6 pounds lighter than I was 2 weeks ago ;)

PrincessCJ81
04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Hello!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, I'm Candice! I started WW in May 05' to lose some weight for my wedding and was on it until I found out I was preggos in june 06'. I'm now 8 weeks PP and back on WW. I'm at my pre-preg weight; unfortunatley that weight is still about 20-25 pds above my goal weight =( I'm nursing so I get 32 points on the old system, which seems to be enough points so far! My struggle is fast-food while at work. Today is my first day back to work and already the temptation is strong! My idiot self ordered 4 boxes of girl scout cookies ( I was 9 months pregnant at the time) and now I am forced to stare at the evil cookies all day (yes, I put them away, but i can still see them through the drawer).

Good Luck to all and please share any tips you have!

Lanapoo
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Welcome PrincessCJ81! Ack! Girl Scout cookies are the worst. DH got some a couple of weeks ago and I totally had to have a couple of Samoas. Yummy :o

Good attitude Beth, I just know we're both going to be losers ;) next week!

But I did slightly miscalculate this morning. When I got on the scale I thought it was the same as last week but when I went to enter my weight on the WW site I realized that I had in fact lost .4 pounds. 153.8 to 153.4. No wonder I thought it was the same, but two weeks at 153 is long enough so hopefully next week I'll be at 152 at least.

JennW
04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Week six with no loss!:(

allyray231
04-02-2007, 12:30 PM
hang in there with the no loss ladies! better then a gain! And to all you PP mommies-I have had 20 lbs extra baby weight for 2 years and am just starting to be serious now so I give you credit for starting so soon!!

PrincessCJ81
04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
allyray- We are going to Hawaii in September so I have a ton of motivation!!!

greenbunny
04-03-2007, 05:14 AM
WI today (I forgot yesterday) and this is my sixth week in a row with a gain. :mad: I am so fed up. Though I know there are some issues with my eating (DH is being really resistant and problematic) I also think the meds I was on for a while have screwed up my metabolism. I've heard of that happening from a few people. There is just no reason to have a 2-pound gain after a week in which I did cardio 5 days for over an hour each! I am ready to jump off a bridge. My new skinny pants are feeling tight again.

JennW
04-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Sorry Greenbunny. I know how frustrating that can be.

PrincessCJ81
04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Greenbunny- I'm sorry to hear about the gain. That totally sucks. Medicines can definatley screw up your metabolism, I would drink extra water to try and counteract the drugs.

jennylou
04-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Quiz here. (http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1151467&postcount=775) - for may27

Kimberland30
04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm just checking in again. I am determined that April is my month to get back on track. I have been doing great with the WW points (well, since this is my second week since starting back up it better be good!).

I weighed in again last night and I'm down a total of 7 pounds from last month. I can't complain about that, but still find reason to.

Our gym recalibrated the scales around the 1st of March. So when I got weighed and measured, I'd actually "gained" 6 pounds according to the scale. So since I'm down 7 pounds from what the scale said, that is good. But I keep thinking that I'm still the same weight (with an extra pound) that I was before. Does that make any sense? It's hard for me to accept what my "real" weight was, so I'm not happy with losing 7 pounds even though I should be.

I'm sure the next time I weigh in (which I do myself every 2 weeks, and it's recorded once a month) will be better. It's just mind over numbers at this point.

jellybeany
04-03-2007, 07:51 AM
I just joined a group here at work where you weigh in each week and you pay according to how much exercise you do and whether you gain weight or now. Hoping this will help keep me accountable and honest.

My first weigh in was skewed though because I had already drank 40 ounces of water this morning.

May27JnJ
04-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks Jenny! I really want to start this up again. I'm tired of hating that things that reflects in the mirror! I'm just very bad at being disciplined. I need to give up sodas! I need to!! But I just can't!! I know I can drink them on WW, but I want to cut them out all together.

I can do it!! :o Do I sound believable?

Lanapoo
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Sorry Jenn and Greenbunny on not losing, hang in there!

Congrats on your loss Kim!

Welcome Jelly!

May - You can do it! I still have to have a diet pepsi (that stuff is addicting) every other day or so too.

May27JnJ
04-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks Lanapoo! I'm moving and packed all my WW books. We're going to close on our new house in 2 weeks. So right now I guess I'm just going to walk and eat better since I won't know what the points are. Then when I move in, I can find my WW books.

ksull17
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I've been hovering around the same weight for the last 3 weeks. I lost the 10 pounds and then nothing! UGH. Frustrating. :mad:

KaliLily
04-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Didn't make it to the 10 lb mark this week, but I did lose 2 lbs for a total loss of 9.4! I'm happy. :)

jennylou
04-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Lost another 2 pounds this week, total loss of 50 pounds now. :)

JennW
04-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Yay Jenny!

PrincessCJ81
04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
jennylou- WOW!!! That is awesome

Yesterday- I had a super bad eating day yesterday. I felt guilty last night b/c I was so bad all day. I had Mexican food for lunch ( 2 enchilladas) and the catfish w/ hushpuppies for dinner and 2 beers. I probably went about 15-20 points over my daily allowance. I need to forgive myself and do good again today.

I started the progesterine only pill last Monday and I have really noticed an increase in my appetite, anyone else have a similar reaction?

greenbunny
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Keep it up, Jenny, we need the thinspiration! Way to go!

Well, my day is shot. I stayed home a half day and DH brought me McDonald's for lunch because he knew I felt sickly. I appreciate the thought but UGH the points. He said he knew I didn't eat breakfast so he thought it was okay. If he only knew how many points that stuff really is! I should show him, but I don't want him to feel bad.

allyray231
04-06-2007, 05:40 AM
Yay Jenny!!

greenbunny
It happens-just use your extra points and try and be good the rest of the week. I had Taco Bell this week and it killed me!!

1.8 lbs this week for a total of 11.8!

Try not to eat too much candy this weekend ladies!(I know it will be hard for me!)

jennylou
04-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Aw, thanks everyone! :) I'm feeling so much better and I think looking tons better too. All of my clothes are getting so loose that I used to wear on an everyday basis. I'm in my next size down jeans and those have gone from tight to fit just fine - can't wait until those are too big too!

Congrats on the loss allray!

greenbunny - hope you managed to get back on track after the McDonald's incident.

Princess - I've never done well with BCP. With the regular pill I was starving all the time and ended up gaining 40 pounds in less than a year on it. For that reason and just feeling not myself while on it, I just can't ever go back to it. So, I totally feel for you - the pill always made me hungry - I hope that you're able to curb that feeling!

Is anyone else fasting for Good Friday? I'm not sure exactly how to do it. They tell me that I'm allowed one meal plus two snacks - but, how do I incorporate that into WW? Do I eat high point foods to still reach my daily points? Or do I choose normal foods (normal for me now) and just not worry that I'm going to be drastically under my points?

mobox
04-08-2007, 08:22 AM
First week back on plan after birth and breastfeeding:

SW: 162.8
CW: 161.0
WL: 1.8
TL: 1.8

So not a HORRIBLE start considering I didnt' think I'd lose at all. And I exercised twice (up from nothing) and also didn't use all of my flex points. So all in all, not so bad.

Easter will be hard because my mom is an excellent cook and I'm making homemade mac and cheese. We'll see how I do.

jennylou
04-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Mobox - are you still breastfeeding? I love getting the extra points for it. :) Great job on losing your first week! I've only had homemade mac and cheese once - my sister made it and it was sooooo yummy. I was never so glad to see it gone because I know it must have been sooooo bad too!

WestieMomma
04-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I'll be starting on WW again tommorrow. I've done it in the past with success, writing down everything is key for me. I know the support here will be a big help too. I have all the materials from attending meetings in the past including the points book and the restaurant one so I can use those. I have no problem exercising, I love it I just can't do the food part.

Besides the fact that I really need to lose weight my motivation is my 10yr high school reunion this Sept. I've gained 30-40lbs since high school so I would love to buy a cute dress and feel great about myself that night. Kind of lame I know but I loved high school and all my friends I'll be going with are so gorgeous and skinny :rolleyes:

jennylou
04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
WestieMomma - not lame at all! I have a high school reunion coming up this year as well - and it is motivating!

WestieMomma
04-08-2007, 08:26 PM
jennylou Thanks! When is your reunion? I saw your progress pics in the other post and you look great. I love that brown dress you are wearing in one of them-it is so cute.

jennylou
04-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I think it's going to be in November (Thanksgiving weekend). Thanks for the compliments - the dress was on clearance for $7 at Fashion Bug. :)

snowzilla
04-09-2007, 07:34 AM
I'd like to join, even though we're on the 3rd thread and I've had a few WW starts and stops along the way. I think my biggest reason for finally hunkering down and joining this thread is because I've been so inspired by Jennylou's progress pics. I just can't get over, JL. You look incredible.

I was doing the online program for a while, but I found it was just too much work to log everything, and half the time, the website wouldn't work, which drove me nuts. I've got about 30 pounds to lose, so between WW and re-joining the gym last month, I'm hoping to finally make some real progress.

:)

Aug2002Bride
04-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I forgot to post last week on WI day (Fri) that I lost 3.8!!! I was so pysched!!

I sent all the Easter candy with DH to work so that Im not tempted because all I did yesterday was pick at it everytime I walked by the baskets! I did keep a few things for DD but only things I dont like.

I also have my 10 yr HS reunion this November so Im hoping to lose a lot before then.

udsweetpea
04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Congratulations Aug2002Bride! 3.8 is amazing!

Dan's*Girl
04-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Hello ladies! I have been lurking for a few months and getting lots of motivation from you all.

Ive been on WW for 9 weeks now and have lost 2.4 :o
I didnt have that HUGE first week loss and every loss i have had has been small (like .8 or .6)
I stay OP and am excercising 30 minutes per day and not understanding why im not losing more. I know its losing and better than gaining but its hard that most other people have lost more at this point. When I did WW before my wedding I lost 30lbs in 6 months and looked and felt great. But since having DS I lose much slower and its hard.
I wont be posting my starting weight because even tho you ladies understand, I am too embarassed. Once ive lost more I might to show the progress, but here are my stats.

week 9 = -1.2
total loss 2.4
goal= 100 lbs

I have mini goals, but am rethinking them because of how slow I am losing.
25lbs by DS birthday 06/01/07
50lbs by DH birthday 09/09/07
75 lbs by christmas 12/25/07

Thanks for being an inspiration and if anyone has any tips how I can lose more or what I can try Im all ears!

:D

berry
04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Congrats to all the losers! You all inspire me so much.

At WI last week, I've lost 30 pounds goal!

SW before program: 208
SW: 203.0
CW: 173.0
TL: -30

2nd GW: 170 (almost there!)

Dan's Girl: Hey there! I also didn't lose a lot when I first started the program. I know people who lost 6 or 8 pounds the first week, and I never had that. But I stuck with the program, and the weight keeps coming off. Some weeks nothing, some weeks a -.5 or a -1.0, but it does keep working.

I work really hard at eating all the fruits, veggies, dairy servings and servings of water.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I also really try to mix up what I eat. I eat a different breakfast everyday (same with other meals). One day I'll have Kashi go lean w/ff milk, fruit and a cup of tea, then the next day I'll have scrambled eggbeaters with tomato & spinach and veggie sausage, then the next day I'll have a 100 calorie whole grain English Muffin with reduced fat peanut butter and a piece of fruit. I get really bored eating the same thing everyday, so this mixing it up seems to help.

jennylou
04-09-2007, 04:44 PM
dan's Girl - Maybe you can post your food log? Often times, even when staying within the points range, people aren't eating quality foods or foods that work for their bodies. Do IRC that you have pcos? Are you staying away from carbs?

berry - huge congrats on the 30 pounds!

WestieMomma
04-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm glad to see some other newbies joining in with me this week! Great job berry!

I did pretty good my first day. I drank 5 liters of water at work! Ate within my points range, still have a few left over-I'll probably have one of my WW popsicles later and I got in a 35 min brisk walk with my dog. I did eat a mini 3 muskateers and mini cadberry egg-dang leftover Easter candy!

Aug2002Bride
04-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks UDSweet!

Ive found I lose more each week when I eat mostly core food but I still track it as if Im counting points. I also still eat things that are not core but try to eat lots of fruits and veggies. I dont trust myself enough to be able to do core and not have limits on what I can eat as far as serving sizes etc. So I still track it as if Im counting points. I also get all my water in if not more every day. Im a huge water drinker anyway so this is easy for me.

I also just started doing a cycling (spinning) class twice a week which kicks my butt!! BUt I feel so energized after I go.

mobox
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi there...I didn't do toooo bad yesterday. So, I guess I"m satisfied. But my mom's potato salad rocks and it was hard to resist so I only had 1/2 cup.

Jenny - The mac & cheese is only 3 points for 1/3 a cup. I know that's not much but it gives you a taste without going overboard. Of couse, that's from the site and not the recipe builder. I should put it into the recipe builder, huh? I'm done breastfeeding now. I wanted to wait to join back up until I was done, even though I know you get extra points. I guess I was in denial!

Welcome all new WW friends!!!

chefker
04-10-2007, 04:29 AM
berry - Good idea about breakfast, to mix it up. During the workweek, I ususally just grab a Nutri Grain bar and some fruit. Not great, I know, but I'm not a huge breakfast eater! I usually have EggBeaters or something more substantial on the weekends. Congrats on your 30 pound loss! :D

Welcome snowzilla! If you haven't checked out the WW recipe thread, there are SO many good meal ideas in there. The Bruschetta chicken bake is one of DS's favorites now, too. :)

So I finally, FINALLY broke my plateau! It took over two months. :rolleyes: I have not mustered the energy to exercise much lately, but I am trying. My days just suck lately--I get up at 5 every day, generally get home by 5:30, and I'm just too wiped out by the time I get home and do housework/laundry, play with DS and get dinner ready. By the time I'm done taking care of everyone else, it's time for bed! So any exercise I DO get, is done on the weekends.

Latest stats:

Starting weight: 179.6
Current weight: 140.4
Total lost: 39.2

SO CLOSE to that 40 pound mark! I really have to punch it up with exercise and drinking more water. I'm pretty good about staying within points, so I have to change something else to jump start the metabolism a little more.

jennylou
04-10-2007, 04:51 AM
snowzilla - I missed your post yesterday. You make me blush. :o Welcome, I'm sure between the gym and WW you'll drop those extra pounds. :)

chefker - yay for breaking the plateau. :)

greenbunny
04-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Welcome to all the newbies! Glad to have you!

DH turned in his final thesis last night and swears he is finally ready to get on board the healthy eating/exercise bandwagon with me. I'm hoping his agreement will help turn around my gaining streak, since a big part of my problem was that I'm hopeless in the kitchen and he insisted on making heavy, fatty dinners constantly.

PrincessCJ81
04-10-2007, 06:45 AM
dan's girl- Are you drinking at least 64oz of water? I've noticed that water consumption really helps in weight loss and as a bonus it helps reduce cellulite!!! Also, as jennylou suggested try posting your food log. I had trouble losing previously b/c I was under counting amount and points of foods I was eating.

Dan's*Girl
04-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Jenny Yes you did recall correctly. I do have PCOS, but wasnt aware that I needed to watch my carbs :confused: I LOVE carbs and am a quantity eater to feel full.
I want to post my food log and was thinking about having a thread where we can post our daily food with pts so we can get ideas off of each other. What do you think Jenny?

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I hope Im big losers like you all soon! ;)

Have a great day

jellybeany
04-10-2007, 07:11 AM
I want to post my food log and was thinking about having a thread where we can post our daily food with pts so we can get ideas off of each other.

I bumped up this thread (http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28464) for you. :)

Dan's*Girl
04-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks jelly.

Posting this here for Jenny can look at it. Today doesnt look great because of the lunch, so I can post again tomorrow Jenny if you think it will help.

Tues 4/10

B~Toast w/1 laughing cow wedge (4)

S~String cheese (2)

L~Bread Co- 1/2 turkey on sourdough with lett/tom/cucumbers, & french onion soup (no crouton or cheese), small piece french baguette (11)

S~Apple, lemon yogurt (3)

D~Turkey Burger on wheat bun w/ baked fries(15)

total= 35
target pts=35
a/p=3

Im missing my oil, but am earning 3 ap's for walking 30 minutes at a moderate pace. woohoo!

berry
04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
chefker Great job on the losing and breaking your plateau!

greenbunny So cool that DH can jump on board with you! Mine eats pretty well but is one of those people who can eat anything and never gain a pound!

allyray231
04-10-2007, 01:18 PM
OMG take the candy away!! I brought a few pieces to work thinking it would be ok to eat one a day but I am eating them all! PMS GO AWAY!!

jennylou
04-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Dan's Girl - yep carbs are evil for us PCOSers. Well, more precisely, the "white" carbs. White breads, potatoes, pastas, things like that. You can still eat whole wheat pastas and breads, in moderation. Also, in looking at your food I'd say you're missing a really important thing - fruits and veggies! Veggies are low or no points, so you can totally beef up your daily intake of those easily enough. :)

udsweetpea
04-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Dan's Girl PCOS thread (http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30775)... this thread might be useful to you.

snowzilla
04-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :) Chefker, you're one of the other main reasons I rejoined - so glad to see you finally kicked that plateau's butt. ;)

My first day back on was a disaster. I've figured out (well, figured this out a long time ago) that my worst time of day is late afternoon. I just fall apart and eat whatever isn't nailed down. Yesterday, it was angel food cake for a coworker's birthday. And cookies. And some spinach dip when I got home. :(

I'm heading off to the gym right now though, and today has been a fairly good day throughout - I *am* happy that I've managed to stay away from my kids' Easter treats, as hard as it's been!

jennylou
04-11-2007, 06:15 AM
WI today - down another 3 pounds. :) Total loss to date = 53 pounds.

allyray231
04-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Wow jenny that is great! Are you exercising a lot? That is the one thing I can't seem to fit in

jennylou
04-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Exercising? I haven't really exercised (beyond maybe a walk per week) since getting back from vacation. This week I really stepped it up and worked out three times.

JennW
04-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Yay Jenny. You rock.:)

I was still this same weight last week. This week I've had a stomach virus all week and haven't really eaten in four days. So if I am still at the same weight at this week's weigh in, something is wrong. LOL Is it sad that after having a stomach bug the first thing I think is, I hope I at least lose some weight from this!

DS is also almost completely weaned from BFing. I def feel slimmer since weaning!

jesseybell
04-11-2007, 07:35 AM
snowzilla- Afternoon is definitely my hardest time too. I literally put a "snack reminder" into my calendar at work for 3:00 because otherwise if I don't eat in the afternoon I am horrible when I get home (especially if I don't get to eat until after 8 which is common now). Yesterday I didn't eat at 3 but forced myself to stay a little late to eat my snack. Definitely helped me stay on program when I got home.

Yesterday was our first weigh in at WW at work. I haven't done official weigh-ins in about 6 years. It's daunting, but I am just concentrating on my 10% right now.

ETA: It looks like Halloween around here - bags of candy everywhere. I NEED to be strong!

Dan's*Girl
04-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Jenny So what are you doing for these consistent big losses? Im just wondering if there is a trick to bump it up because I work out 30 minutes everyday and stay in my pts and only lose like .6. So any tips you might have would be great.
I know you had mentioned cutting back on the carbs and I do well at that during the day and only 3 nights per week do we have something like pasta or rice and I always stay in the pts.

All of you are inspirations and Im glad to be here. :)

jennylou
04-11-2007, 08:16 AM
ramona - I try and eat a lot of veggies, fruits and I eat things high in fiber too. I eat kashi go lean crunch or fiber one for cereals. I try to stay away from sugars (though, I'll use splenda). I try to drink a lot of water. And I also mix up my high point days. Usually Saturday will be a high point (sometimes Friday), that's the day I use my flexies. And lastly, DD still nurses like a champ, so I know that some of it is just that.

KaliLily
04-12-2007, 08:44 AM
I weighed in for my 6th time (5 weeks on plan) Tuesday. I lost 1.8 for a total loss of of 11.2. I was thrilled to get my second 5 lb star already. The last time I did WW I never got past the first 5 lb star, and by the time I left I was around 5 lbs over my start weight. This time is going much better. :)

I have to ask, though, if anyone else has trouble staying committed despite success. I've found it really hard the last 2-3 weeks to get my veggies & fruits and dairy in. About all I can manage is to stay within my points target & flex points. And I keep wanting to have a "free" day, though I know I'll kick myself immediately afterwards if I give in. It's been a trying month in my personal life. Could that be why I'm feeling too tired to give 100%?

snowzilla
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
snowzilla- Afternoon is definitely my hardest time too. I literally put a "snack reminder" into my calendar at work for 3:00 because otherwise if I don't eat in the afternoon I am horrible when I get home (especially if I don't get to eat until after 8 which is common now). Yesterday I didn't eat at 3 but forced myself to stay a little late to eat my snack. Definitely helped me stay on program when I got home.

That's a great idea! I will definitely try that.

Yesterday was finally a "good" day in terms of making the right food choices and staying within my points range. Of course, the trip to the dentist probably had a lot to do with me not stuffing my face with food, since my mouth was too sore. ;)

Sue
04-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi ladies, long time, no post... so you know what that means :o I have been awful and have gained back a good bit of the weight I had lost. I almost keeled over when I stepped on the scale this morning. That's what I get for eating like crap and not exercising.

So today begins a new chapter... DH and I are going on a cruise in August, so there is my motivation :)

So here we go, yet again:
Starting Weight - 143
Current Weight -
Total Lost -
Goal Weight - 115 (I'll see how I feel when I get down around 120)

greenbunny
04-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Kali, I also am finding it difficult. I've gained back half of what I lost, and it's so hard to realize that this is going to have to be a life-long thing. Why can't we just put in our time and then have it be over? *whine*

cheryll_with_2els
04-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Yikes! Something happened to my email notifications of the posts. I haven't been getting them and now I see the last post I read was on the 8th. :(

Anyways, I wanted to share some good news with you all.

Iím posting this to celebrate one of the most amazing years of my life. Iím no better than anyone else reading this, so please donít take this as a bragging message. Itís my hope that my journey will inspire someone else today and show them that even when things look impossible and the big picture is incredibly overwhelming, YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Today is my one-year WW anniversary. With WI also being this morning (down -1.5), my total loss for the year is 97.2 lbs. I cannot even begin to fully express what an AMAZING year this has been. Itís been a year of total transformation, not only in body, but in mind and spirit as well.

One year ago, I was a very unhappy cookie. My self-esteem was at an all time low. I had no control over what I ate, and exercise Ė well, it was totally non-existent. I have osteoarthritis in one knee and was in constant pain. My feet hurt so bad that at times I could barely walk.

All that has significantly changed!

I love numbers and statistics, so I put some together for you to see.

Starting BMI: 44.3
Current BMI: 27.1

Wore size 24 pants and 2X tops.
Now wear 8/10 pants and medium tops.

I didnít start taking my measurements until around June, but since that time Iíve lost a total of 62.5 inches.
Some particularly amazing comparisons:
My hips used to be 54" Ė Now theyíre 40-1/2"
My waist used to be 42-1/2" Ė Now my waist is 31-1/2"
My thighs used to measure a whopping 31-3/4" Ė Now they are 23-1/4"

The breakdown of how much I lost each quarter:
1st quarter Ė Pounds lost: 34.6
2nd quarter Ė Pounds lost: 19.0
3rd quarter Ė Pounds lost: 24.3
4th quarter Ė Pounds lost: 19.3

Exercise: I could barely walk for 10 mins. on the treadmill Ė now I strive for 45 mins. to an hour at a time. Exercise continues to be my biggest challenge. Iím working on it.....Iíll get it! :)

WW has definitely become a way of life for me. And my theme song, ďSuddenly I SeeĒ by KT Tunstall says it all:

Suddenly I see
(Suddenly I see)
This is what I want to be
Suddenly I see
(Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me

jellybeany
04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Congrats Cheryll! You truly are an inspiration. I hope to accomplish what you have!

May27JnJ
04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow Cheryll! That's amazing!

JennW
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Way to go, Cheryll!!!:D Feel proud, you deserve it!!! You've worked hard to get healthy!

Sue
04-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Cheryll CONGRATULATIONS!!!

jennylou
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
cheryll - congrats on one year and congrats on the loss this week! You continue to inspire each and every week. :)

berry
04-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Cheryll Congrats to you on your dedication! Thanks for inspiring me to stick with it and knowing that it will work!

KaliLily
04-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Cheryll: Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm striving to lose 80-105 lbs by the end of the year/early next year, and you've made it seem possible. I really needed some inspiration today.

THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS!

WestieMomma
04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Cheryll That is so awesome and very inspiring! Congrats!

IrishEyes
04-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Cheryll, how amazing and how fantastic that you made such a long and hard-fought journey! As others have said, you are an inspiration.

After a week off of WW while we were in Florida (though I tallied points in my head) and then a week back on plan and reinvigorated to lose more weight, I lost 2.4 lbs, for a total of 16.4. The week off came at a good time for me. I had hit a plateau for a few weeks, and I think just taking a mental break from counting points was a good thing for me. And it showed me that I can be smart with my food choices, even on vacation and eating out more than usual, and maintain.

allyray231
04-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Congrats Cheryll! what an amazing story!

Way to go Irish!

Well I acutally lost this week even though I ate BAD and really didn't track that much. However I only lost .6 but at least it is something. So far a total of 12.4. I hope to lose another 10 by June!

greenbunny
04-13-2007, 05:53 AM
I picked up some WW snack cakes at the grocery store last night. Man ALIVE are they pricey! :eek:

DH wants to lose 15 pounds by Memorial Day. I want to lose what I gained back, which fluctuates between 8 and 10. I think he'll reach that easily since he needs to lose about 35-40 overall, whereas I don't have all that far to go so I doubt it'll happen that fast for me. But I figure a little competition can't hurt!

KaliLily
04-13-2007, 06:12 AM
I picked up some WW snack cakes at the grocery store last night. Man ALIVE are they pricey! :eek:

I picked up the Double Chocolate Muffins at the grocery store last night. They are pricey, but oh so tasty! I bought them because my grocery store had given me two coupons for $1.50 off one box (I have one coupon left). I was shocked I didn't have to buy 2 or 3 to use the coupon. Gotta love those check-out "reward" coupons!

Katy
04-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Those WW snacks sure are pricey! And so are all those 100cal snack packets that everyone has out now. Kim, that's an awesome deal! My supermarket always gives me buy 2 coupons so I rarely end up using them. Cheryll, congrats on all you've lost and hitting your one year anniversary! You're going to look hot, hot, hot on our vacation next month - though you'll also probably get drunk, drunk, drunk on your first glass of wine, too! :p

Has anyone tried the Vitamuffin Tops (http://www.vitalicious.com/)? They sound kind of good, but again, it seems quite an investment (in dollars and freezer space). How funny that they advertise that it only takes 15 minutes to burn off one muffin top! See, that's *my* kind of snack!

jennylou
04-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Another one here who thinks those snacks are expensive!

I found some ho-ho type cupcakes that were 100 cal pack - but they were randomly misplaced in the cereal aisle. I left them there because I didn't want to buy them without knowing the price - and then I couldn't find them again. They've sounded good ever since!

snowzilla
04-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Question: What is the best day to weigh in?

For me, I'm thinking Friday is the best, since I seem to hold to the points the best during the weekdays (and then promptly fall apart on the weekends). ;)

Is that right? Wrong? Just curious.

While I'm talking about weighing in, I "rejoined" on Monday, and weighed in today - with my first loss since February. 2.2 pounds. I'll take it. :)

jennylou
04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
snowzilla - congrats on the loss. :)

As for the best day to WI, I started on a Wednesday and it's worked out well. I tend to eat my flexies over the weekend, so it's enough time to flush out my system of any bad food choices and sodium. I don't think there's any right or wrong answer though some people swear by Mondays to keep them accountable on the weekends. :)

allyray231
04-13-2007, 12:17 PM
snow congrats!

I like Friday.

I am all about the 100 calorie snacks-esp the hostess cupcakes!

greenbunny
04-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I chose Monday for WI, thinking it would keep me in line on the weekends. Here it turns out that isn't an issue: I'm so preoccupied that I don't eat much then! It's boredom eating at work that's my problem. Maybe I need to switch it.

Aug2002Bride
04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I WI this morning for a loss of 0.4lbs. Not much but Ill take it considering its that time of the month and I really didnt eat great this past week with all the easter candy staring at me everytime I walked into the kitchen! I finally sent most of it with my hubby to work.

JennW
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I WI on Saturday. Keeps me on track at the end of the week, which is when I need it. Plus, Saturday nights I like to cook without really tracking points and enjoy it!

KaliLily
04-13-2007, 04:26 PM
I chose Tuesday WIs because the first time I did WW (1998) I WI on Tuesdays and lost over 85 lbs, reaching Lifetime. When I went back in 2001 because I'd put some of the weight back on, I went on Saturdays and it was disastrous!

The best meeting times in my area for me turned out to be on Tuesdays, but I really wanted that day anyway - total superstition on my part. :p

Toonces
04-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone! I thought I'd officially join this thread - it'll help to keep me honest. :)

I was on WW online in 2003 for almost one year before our wedding. I lost 40 lbs. Four years and two kids later, I've decided it's time to rejoin. I weighed myself yesterday after almost polishing off a family sized bag of Twizzlers & 5 Oreos. :o My sw = 170#, my gw = 135#, and I'll WI on Thurs. I already miss my Coke and Twizzlers. :(

Is anyone else doing this dairy free? I'm BFing DS and he has a dairy intolerance.

berry
04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Congrats on the losses IrishEyes and Aug2002Bride and snowzilla!

I WI on Weds for the same reasons jennylou gave!

KaliLily
04-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I am all about the 100 calorie snacks-esp the hostess cupcakes!

Me too! Have you tried Enteman's 100 Calorie Brownie Bites? YUM!!!!

jellybeany
04-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Well I weighed in this morning for a 4.9 pound loss this week which takes my grand total to 42.9 pounds so far. For the past month I had been bouncing from 37 - 40 pounds loss and this is the first time I've broke the 40 pound mark so I'm excited that everything seems to be back in order.

Dan's*Girl
04-15-2007, 09:00 AM
wow! Great job Jellybeany!!!

I had no loss this week, no gain either. Im stuck and getting really discouraged with this tiny loss then no loss thing. I know I can eat more veggies but I get in plenty of fruit and water and excercise. :confused:

Jelly~ What is the secret to your success? Other than following the pts of course

have a great sunday all

JennW
04-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I lost one pound this week. Not bad and at least I'm over my slump of not losing. But, it's kinda weird as I had a stomach virus all week and really didn't eat anything for about six days. If it takes not eating to lose one pound no wonder I don't lose any when I eat my points. LOL.:D

Awesome loss, JellyBelly!:):D

jennylou
04-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Just had to report that the 100 calorie Fudge Shoppe Grasshopper Kebler cookies taste like thin mints!

jellybeany -congrats on breaking through!

Jenn - WTG on the 1 pound. :)

greenbunny
04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
DH has decided to join me in WW, but he's counting on his own. How do I figure out how many points he gets? Since I'm doing WW online, I haven't had to actually think or calculate a durned thing on my own. :o

Toonces
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
greenbunny ~ Check out the 2nd post in this thread (http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29444) for your DH's points.

greenbunny
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Durr...Thanks, Toonces! I totally forgot about that thread already.

Toonces
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
No problem. I probably would have forgotten too except I just joined WW a few days ago so I read that thread. ;)

jellybeany
04-16-2007, 04:54 AM
Thanks ladies. It feels good to break the plateau finally.

Dan's*Girl ~ no secret just following points, working out, and getting my thyroid meds fixed. I doubt I'll have this big off a loss again but its the first one following a long plateau.

cr8zyforaf
04-16-2007, 07:44 AM
I joined this AM...I originally started a few months after having DD...and stopped. And now, I am back on the wagon. My current weight is 195.5 and my goal weight is 160. I've got a long way to go.

KaliLily
04-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Dan's*Girl - I remember my first time on WW I had at least one month-long plateau. Drove me nuts. I finally took a good look at my journals and realized I had been eating a very low fat diet. Thinking that might be contributing to my body's unwillingness to let go of the pounds, I added in a little more fat. It worked!

greenbunny
04-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I am NOT bitter about how many points DH gets, I am not, I am not...

jesseybell
04-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I am NOT bitter about how many points DH gets, I am not, I am not...

I know, I try not to think about it. He gets 1 (soon to be be 2) less than because of his weight, but over all more due to being a male and is taller than me. I haven't officially gotten him on board yet, though I've become that annoying wife trying to tell him how many points things are (and I joke that I can't manually count the points in his Hungry Man dinners because there are too many calories). I'd love my DH to do it with me, but just like me, I can't get him to loose weight until he's good and ready to.

jennylou
04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
greenbunny - if you're jealous of your DH's points, you probably hate us breastfeeders. :p

WestieMomma
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm down 3 lbs this week! And that was w/TOM here too so not too bad. Working out 5 times this week and drinking lots of water helped me a lot.

jellybeany
04-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Congrats WestieMomma! Thats an excellent loss! :)

Lanapoo
04-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! Congrats on all the losses!

I've been MIA in Vegas for the past week and had a lot of fun while I was gone. Too much fun apparently since I gained about 2.5 pounds. Oh well.

And as it turns out, I'll be leaving this group now because I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. Good luck everyone with their weight loss! If all goes well I'll be back in January to lose my baby weight :D

KaliLily
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
And as it turns out, I'll be leaving this group now because I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. Good luck everyone with their weight loss! If all goes well I'll be back in January to lose my baby weight :D

Congratulations! See you in January! ;)

snowzilla
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Congratulations, Lanapoo! :)
That's the best reason I could think off for falling off the WW wagon! ;)

I had an okay weekend - except for Friday night, when I had a burger and fries. Just like the snack issue I have - not planning meals sets me up for failure. We had a lot of unexpected running around to do on Friday after work, and by the time we stopped to eat, cooking was out of the question, and fast food was the (very bad) solution. And this is why I think I will continue doing WI on Friday - if I had to WI today, I think I'd be crushed by my apparent lack of progress.

Westiemomma - congrats on the great loss!

cr8zyforaf - welcome! I'm looking at approximately the same goal that you are. In fact, I started when DD was less than a year old (and I sure did like those extra BF points) but stopped - and now I've restarted again.

KaliLily
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Snowzilla - I'm going back to work full time on Monday, after a 2 1/2 yr "sabbatical." Other than keeping up with the housework, what I'm most concerned about is planning my meals - particularly dinner.

Anyone have suggestions?

greenbunny
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
KaliLily, what works best for us is making multiple portions of really flexible food so we're cooking less often. For example, seasoned chicken with rice. Leftovers can be put into a wrap, on top of a salad, etc.

My boss put a piece of what she called "almond rum cake with strawberry rhubarb filling" on my desk. I've been staring at it all day, but I haven't eaten it. I'm thinking about throwing it out once she leaves. I don't even know how to begin guessing the points, and I've had a great day and I don't want to ruin it.

snowzilla
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
KaliLily, what works best for us is making multiple portions of really flexible food so we're cooking less often. For example, seasoned chicken with rice. Leftovers can be put into a wrap, on top of a salad, etc.

My boss put a piece of what she called "almond rum cake with strawberry rhubarb filling" on my desk. I've been staring at it all day, but I haven't eaten it. I'm thinking about throwing it out once she leaves. I don't even know how to begin guessing the points, and I've had a great day and I don't want to ruin it.

I try to plan the week in advance, but pre-cooking is something I should really get into. Thanks for mentioning this!

Oh, and we have a coworker's birthday today, so they're having cake downstairs at 2pm. We're expected to attend, but I will not eat the cake. I will not eat the cake. I will not eat the cake. *sigh*

PrincessCJ81
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Congrats Lanapoo!!!!

WI today down another 2 pounds. I was shocked by this b/c I have been eating terribly. I have kept up with walking and drinking water, but besides that I've been terrible. I guess BFing is really helping!

WestieMomma
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks girls!

Lanapoo Congrats! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

mobox
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I weight in early because we took a mini-break this past weekend. Down another 1.8 pounds.

SW: 162.8
WI: 159.2
WL: 1.8
TL: 3.6

It was nice to see myself back under 160. :)

Congrats to all the great losers this week!!!

Tip from me on pre-cooking. Another thing that works for me is buying those precooked chickens from Costco or Vons or wherever. I buy one, divide it in two by shredding it and freeze the two packs I make. Easy to defrost and make into anything: tacos, chili, pasta. So much less work than cooking chicken breasts. Especially if you are in a hurry.

greenbunny
04-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Great losses, guys! Keep it up.

I have an industry conference coming up, and tonight I discovered that my suit is strained at the seams. Any chance of losing ten pounds off my butt before Friday? :(

snowzilla
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Great losses, guys! Keep it up.

I have an industry conference coming up, and tonight I discovered that my suit is strained at the seams. Any chance of losing ten pounds off my butt before Friday? :(

Oh for sure. Go buy yourself a sauna suit, board up your windows and stuff a towel under the door, crank up the furnace, and ride your exercise bike for eight, nine hours. Easy peasy. :p

lins_n_derek
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Hey girls! I just wanted to let you all know that I reached 10% today! I have lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks on core!

KRM&TPS
04-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I started WW again back in Feb. I decided today that I would join the crew here. Since starting back in Feb. I have lost a total of 24 pounds. I started working out at the same time and I think that is really doing the trick this time. I have tried WW several times and just couldn't stick with it. I am doing pretty good this time around. I was really sick last week and didn't count points or work out. I usually weigh in on Monday's but my scale needs new batteries (I do WW online) so I will weigh tomorrow and see the damage.

Anyway I have been reading along for quite sometime and I find everyone to be really motivating!

Just wanted to add I tried a Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar Today and it was sooo good.

Sue
04-17-2007, 05:44 AM
Congratulations Lanapoo!!!

Great losses everyone! Way to go!

I've been doing pretty good this week, drinking my water, exercising and watching my points. We'll see how WI goes on Thursday.

JennW
04-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Congrats Lanapoo!!!:) H&H 9 months!

Congrats to all the losers, as well!

cr8zyforaf
04-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Great losses everyone!!

Congrats to lanapoo - H&H 9 months to you.

Yesterday was hard..but I stuck to my points. I need to plan my meals better - I think if I have healthy food on hand, I will be less likely to grab something bad. Yesterday I grabbed a pack of peanut butter crackers (the best thing available) and it was 5 points - not a good use of points, IMO.

JennW
04-17-2007, 06:01 AM
cr8zyforaf - Snacking is my issue, too. I do fine with meals but that afternoon snack is a killer!

Lanapoo
04-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Wow! Great losses everybody!

Thanks for the well wishes :)

KaliLily
04-17-2007, 12:44 PM
I WI this morning and am down another 1.8 for a total loss of 13 lbs! I'm over halfway to my first 10%! :D

The downside is I expect a gain next week when I switch from morning to evening meetings. Oh well, it'll only be an illusion, right? :p

Toonces
04-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Congratulations Lanapoo! :) :D

Congrats to all who lost - those are some really good losses!

My hardest time of day is after dinner and before bedtime. Great time of day to have cravings. :rolleyes:

jennylou
04-18-2007, 05:32 AM
Lost three pounds this week.

JennW
04-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Congrats KaliLily and Jenny!:)

jellybeany
04-18-2007, 05:52 AM
Congrats on the news Lanapoo!!

Great job lins_n_derek on reaching 10%!

Congrats PrincessCJ81, mobox, lins_n_derek, KaliLily and Jenny on the losses!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Dan's*Girl
04-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Congrats PrincessCJ81, mobox, lins_n_derek, KaliLily and Jenny!!!!!!

You are all inspirations :) I hope I have good news this saturday morning.
My friend here at work does WI on monday night, i couldnt do that ever...my weight always goes up at night from water or whatever. One night last week it showed up 6 lbs and the next morning the 6lbs were gone plus 2 more...hahah! Thats exactly why I WI on sat mornings early. Also so I can use my 35 Flex pts if we have a BBQ or something and I dont feel deprived. The weekends are hard for me, but lately its been harder at work. One would think me bringing my snacks and stuff would keep that at bay, but with all the food my group brings in and parades in front of me its harder at work.

Have a good day everyone!

WestieMomma
04-18-2007, 10:54 AM
? about activity points

Does WW still recommend getting in at least 28 AP's every week? Who has time or works out that much/that hard to get that many?! I worked out 5 times last week-I think rest is important- and I only got 16 AP's. FWIW..I wear a HRM so I just go by how many calories were burned. (When I did WW last year, before I had the HRM I know I was overestimating my AP's. The HRM was a real eye-opener) I know some people can do WW and still lose without ever exercising but I love exercising, doing the food part, making healthy choices and keeping within my points range is what is hard for me!

Do any of you ever reach that 28 AP points? What comes easier to you-exercising or controlling your diet/food choices?

Toonces
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Jenny ~ That's awesome! Congratulations!!

berry
04-18-2007, 11:42 AM
H&H nine months to you Lanapoo!

Congrats lins_n_derek, PrincessCJ81, mobox, lins_n_derek, KaliLily and Jenny on your losses! Great job everyone!

I'm down 2 more pounds this week!

CW: 171.0
TL: -32

I can't wait to get into the 160s!

greenbunny
04-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Does WW still recommend getting in at least 28 AP's every week? Who has time or works out that much/that hard to get that many?!

I wish I could tell you! An hour on the elliptical at moderate intensity is 2 points. Even if I used it every day (I average 4x a week) I'd only have 14 points. I don't think I CAN limit my points any more. To eat a normal day's amount of healthy food, I'm still using 7 or 8 FPs a day, which means I'm not getting any room for treats. :(

My new method of fooling myself into not snacking: Celestial Seasonings peppermint tea. It's naturally caffeine-free, zero points, helps me get my daily water in, and it tastes just enough like gum/toothpaste that I don't have the urge to eat while drinking it.

JennW
04-18-2007, 12:05 PM
I’m having a hard time getting my water in. Any tips/tricks you use to make sure to drink water?

PrincessCJ81
04-18-2007, 12:42 PM
JennW- I buy 1 Liter bottles of water, so i only have to drink 2 bottles rather than 4-16 oz bottles. It seems to help me?!?!

jellybeany
04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Congrats on the loss berry!

In regards to water - I have a 40 ounce bottle at my desk and I try to drink a full bottle by lunch and then finish a second by the time I leave. I take large sips at a time to help me get through it.

Toonces
04-18-2007, 01:04 PM
berry ~ Congratulations!!

greenbunny ~ That peppermint tea sounds so good! Thanks for the tip.

JennW ~ I drink it through a straw. I have a cup similar to the one they sell at WW online, with a fat plastic straw. For some reason I drink more that way.

WestieMomma
04-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Way to go berry!

greenbunny I'm not a tea drinker but that tea sounds good. Next time I go to my parent's house in boulder, co I want to take a tour of the Celestial Seasonigs factory-I hear they have a whole room of mint you go in!

I am really good about drinking water while at work, I sometimes drink over a gallon while at work and then more at home that night. Thank goodness my office is right next to the bathroom. On the weekends I slack off though. The cup w/a straw is a great idea.

jesseybell
04-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I can't get my water in if I drink it out of a glass- I have a bottle that is 3 cups, so I drink 3-4 of them a day. The big plastic straws help too.

Katy
04-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Congrats on the losses ladies!! Water has never been a problem of mine since I love it and will even drink it right out of the tap. It's actually THE drink I go to first when I'm thirsty. So sadly I don't have any suggestions.

Westie, we did the tour on one of our trips to Denver and I loved it! Then again, I'm a tea fiend! The tasting room before the tour is also fun and the shopping afterwards is cool. They have some neat gifts besides just tea (and many of their teas that aren't available in the stores). The tour is actually one of my top five favorite tours so definitely give it a go.

Sue
04-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Fabulous losses everyone!

Lost 2.6 lbs. this week...

Starting Weight - 143
Current Weight - 140.4
Total Lost - 2.6
10% Goal - 128.7
Goal Weight - 115

I don't have a problem drinking my water - when I'm at work, I just keep refilling my bottle. But once I get home, I completely forget to drink any. It's not too bad during the week because I drink so much at work, but the weekends are bad. I really need to make an effort to remember!

JennW
04-19-2007, 06:11 AM
Thanks all. You all have some great water drinking ideas!!!

Congrats Sue!!!:D

Toonces
04-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Sue ~ Congratulations on the loss!

Today is the end to my 1st week. I lost 5 lbs! Just goes to show what NOT drinking regular Coke or eating Twizzlers will do. :rolleyes: :p

SW: 170
CW: 165
GW: 135

jellybeany
04-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Congrats Sue and Toonces! :) Keep up the great work ladies!

Sue
04-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Way to go Toonces!!

JennW
04-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Yay Toonces!:)

jennylou
04-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Congrats Sue and Toonces! Awesome losses. :)

And where is Cheryll? I hope she isn't having problems getting email notifications again? I know she WIs on Wednesdays, and we didn't see any post from her yesterday....

nicks
04-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Hello I am starting back on WW and thought this would be a great place for me to "hang"! You all are wonderful inspiration! I was on WW in 2004/2005 then I found out (surprise!) that I was pregnant with DD so I quit. Well, now that she is 18 months I figure it is time to get started again. :p I started on Monday so I am anxious to see how my first week goes, I feel like I am doing pretty good so far. I am going to do it on my own (not go to meetings or online) so I think this will be a great way to keep myself accountable. I will weigh in on Tuesdays.

All that said, I REALLY want Chic Fil A for lunch today and I forgot my books at home. Does anyone have the Fast Food book handy that could tell me how many points an 8 piece nugget, small fry and BBQ sauce are?

SW: 160
10% Goal 144
GW 140

Great loses everyone, I am trying to get through this thread so that I can catch up!

Toonces- Coke is my biggest weakness, I love the stuff!

cheryll_with_2els
04-19-2007, 09:15 AM
And where is Cheryll? I hope she isn't having problems getting email notifications again? I know she WIs on Wednesdays, and we didn't see any post from her yesterday....

jennylou, I changed my WI day to Thursday. Thank you for thinking of me, though. I feel loved. :p I've been sporadically reading the posts, but have been so darn busy lately! I hate when work gets in the way of my social life. :)

Okay, so I lost -2.3 lbs. this week, bringing my total to -99.5 lbs. gone -- can you believe it?!? 0.5 away from 100! GRRRRRR. LOL

I *should* be able to lose 0.5 in the next week, but with TOM due, who KNOWS what my body will decide to do. And at this stage of the game, I've learned that my body has a mind of its own. :)

allyray231
04-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Go cheryll!! Congrats Sue and Toonces

JennW
04-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Yay Cheryll!!!:D

Dan's*Girl
04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
CherylGreat job with this weeks loss, and for being so close to 100lbs gone!! Thats amazing! :D

Do you have any advice to give to help me kick up my wl? Ive been following the pts and guidelines, excercising and getting in my water and my losses have been tiny every week. Like .6 or .8 and its really getting me down about this. So any recommendations you would be so kind as to share would be so welcome!

Have a great day ladies!

jellybeany
04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Way to go Cheryll!!

Dan's*Girl ~ Are you using your flex and activity points? Are you getting in your healthy eights? What kind of foods are you eating? How much water do you drink per day? Maybe we can give you some feedback from that :)

cheryll_with_2els
04-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Do you have any advice to give to help me kick up my wl? Ive been following the pts and guidelines, excercising and getting in my water and my losses have been tiny every week. Like .6 or .8 and its really getting me down about this. So any recommendations you would be so kind as to share would be so welcome!

Dan's*Girl: I think I've posted this here before, but let me do it again. I have this little "essay" on my website.

My Weight Loss Tips / Secrets

When people see that Iíve lost 95+ lbs., they always ask me how Iíve done it, what my secret is, what tips can I offer.

Well, I really have no special advice or tricks. I just follow the program as it's written, getting in all the 8 GHGs, including the oil. I drink between 80 and 100 oz. of water a day. I weigh and measure all my food and journal everything.

Also, I will say don't look at the big picture of how much you have to lose because it can be very overwhelming. I've taken this 5 lbs. at a time, and at this stage, I've had 19 (almost 20 now) 5-lb. losses! You can lose 5 lbs, right? Then you just do it again. And believe me, it adds up fast!

Take great joy in the NSVs (non-scale victories). They're just as important, if not more so, than the number going down on the scale. For instance, take your measurements now, and you will be SO HAPPY to see how you shrink, even if the scale doesn't record a loss.

I will also encourage you to eat your flex points and APs. Stagger those flexies over the week. Keep your body guessing. It works for me.

Find an activity that you enjoy, and work at it. When I first started WW, I could only walk 10 minutes. at a time on the treadmill and I felt like I was going to die! Now I can walk for 45 mins. to an hour, and it feels so exhilarating! I also enjoy the WATP (Walk Away The Pounds) DVDs. I started with the 1 mile, and now I can do the 4 mile. Just start slow and increase your endurance. But find something you enjoy because then it won't feel so much like a chore, but rather will be something you look forward to.

Take a look at the "Tough Love" section on my website (in profile). It might be an eye-opener for you and help put things in perspective. :)

Bottom line, you need to decide how badly you want this. Only you can make this happen, and you can do it!!!

Trust the program, embrace it.....do it! :)

greenbunny
04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Another issue with water I've noticed recently--not everyone has a working situation where they can be drinking all day.

Now that DH is on plan with me, he's really having trouble with the water requirement. He's a teacher and he can't just leave the room whenever he wants. He's lucky to get 20 minutes a day to eat and use the bathroom. He actually needs to AVOID drinking just so he can get through his day.

For me, now that I'm taking some training seminars, I have to keep my butt in the seat and not have liquids near the computers. It's not an every day thing, but at least once or twice a week for several months now I'll have nothing to drink for 9 hours a day, except for maybe a couple swigs at the fountain if we get a 15-minute break (and lunch, obviously).

I guess there's not much to be done about this sort of thing. Too bad, since I know it slows the loss.

Dan's*Girl
04-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Way to go Cheryll!!

Dan's*Girl ~ Are you using your flex and activity points? Are you getting in your healthy eights? What kind of foods are you eating? How much water do you drink per day? Maybe we can give you some feedback from that :)

I do use my flex pts, i split them between saturday and tuesday. Both of those evenings I eat out(sat with DH and tues after school with my BF) and they help.
I was eating my AP's but I didnt notice a loss, so I stopped and didnt have any additional loss either, so it hasnt seemed to make a diff for me.
I have a 64oz insulated cup from a gas station and I drink one during the day at work and then have one full mug of the WW green ucp from mtgs, so about 96-100oz per day.
The only healthy 8 I dont get in on a daily basis is the oil. We dont cook with oil often and its hard for me to cook just for me then have to cook something else for DH & DS.

Cheryl~ Thank you for posting that...:)

Im going to also ask my leader to look thru my journal and see if she can tell me anything that might help. Thank you all for being here for me. It means alot that I have support other than my DH (who isnt always helpful..lol )

PrincessCJ81
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
dan's girl- Not saying that you are doing this, but something I was doing that was preventing a WL is undercalculating points. I was either guessing the point amount from memory (and guessing wrong) or I would estimate that I was eating a smaller amount than what I really ate. If you think you are having this same problem, I would recommend using a food scale and counting b/f you eat. (For example, count out 10 chips, jellybeans, nuts, etc b/f you eat rather than trying to guess how many you had after you have already eaten them) This was a real eye-opener for me and once I realized how much more I was eating I started losing.

As for oils- What are some foods you eat regularly, maybe we can give some suggestions to incorporate oil into the food you already eat so you don't have to adjust DS and DH's foods.

jellybeany
04-19-2007, 12:04 PM
ITA with PrincessCJ81. That is a great place to start with weighing/counting out your foods. You could drizzle 2 tsp of olive oil on your salad to get it in.

A couple other thing you could try is varying up your exercise - try some different intensities. Also have you looked into the Wendie Plan (http://aweightlossadventure.com/WendiePlan.html)?

PrincessCJ81
04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I just have to say damn those THIN MINTS.....They are ruining my points today.

Toonces
04-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Toonces- Coke is my biggest weakness, I love the stuff!

Welcome, nicks! Glad to have another Coke addict around (that sounds so wrong). :p :) I've been doing okay with Diet Coke and iced tea. I'm sure I'll still splurge on the real stuff every now & then.

Cheryll ~ Wow! Congratulations!! :)

ETA: nicks ~ check out Dotti's web site for restaurants - here's (http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/chickfila.html) Chick-Fil-A.