PDA

View Full Version : How to fix my own hair for...

imagirliegirl
12-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I SUCK at fixing my own hair. I would really really like to wear it up for a party this week but I'd also just like to get better at fixing it myself. My hair is exactly like this in style and length:

http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/12/chalke-enl.jpg

I was just hoping someone could give me helpful links or tips on how to fix it up myself. I can make it look nice in the front but it looks like crap in the back. I'm not looking for something fancy, just something simple and nice.

Tips?

Or...what about fake hair? I'm not above buying a hairstyle. If anyone has that kind of experience. :)

princesse
12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Here is an easy one.....

Pull the lower back half of your hair back and twist it, then secure it with a long thin clippy/claw type thing. There will be a lot left over on the top half. Tease the crap out of that then kind of curl it and use bobby pins to arrange it all over the place. It looks really cool and is pretty easy to do. Nail it with hairspray and you are good to go babe!

dollface
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Use hot rollers before you attempt any type of updo on your own. This will give it body making it easier to tease and smooth.

imagirliegirl
12-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Thanks! I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

mayiko
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
My hair is the exact length and style as yours. An updo at this length is going to be really hard to do. The other day for my company I teased the hair at the crown and pulled all my hair into a low ponytail and use a pretty clip to secure it. Then I straight iron my bangs and pushed it to one side. It looks like an updo and it's really easy to do.

tlew12778
12-13-2006, 06:08 AM
My hair is like that too now. When I have a thing to go to, I have it set into curls (although you can do this yourself) and I just roll it and pin it back on the sides with fancy clips.

You can also do loose curls and just gather it in back with bobby pins so that it's sort of a collected updo-ish sort of look.

imagirliegirl
12-14-2006, 10:01 AM
You can also do loose curls and just gather it in back with bobby pins so that it's sort of a collected updo-ish sort of look.

That's what I ended up doing. It was really easy and cute. I got lots of compliments on it.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)