PDA

View Full Version : Ann Taylor sizing...

LexyLou
12-03-2006, 05:06 PM
I've never bought anything from Ann Taylor but I shop at Banana Republic a lot. I have a gift card to use at anntaylor.com but I'm not sure what size I would be.

How does AT sizing run?

At BR I usually wear a small, or a size 4 sometimes a 6. In button down shirts I wear a medium.

TIA!

BTB
12-03-2006, 05:46 PM
I love Ann Taylor - and I love that their sizes run big! At least compared to other places, I'm not sure about compared to BR as I don't shop BR. If you are a 4/6, you'll be even smaller at AT, try on a 2 and I think you'll be fine. (I can't tell you if AT even carries an 0 or 2!) ;)

gokatgo
12-03-2006, 06:06 PM
I shop at AT and BR. IMO, BR probably runs the largest of all the places I shop. AT would come in second just b/c I find that some of AT's pant styles run a little smaller. Generally though, I'd say they're both about the same.

eta: I wouldn't recommend ordering smaller at AT, though. I'd try out the same size you wear at BR first.

TriSigmaNC
12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I agree with gokatgo their pant sizes sometimes run small, but skirts, dresses and even tops can run a little bit larger.

laura
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM
ITA w/ GKG - I shop at both and I would order the same size and go from there.

hokiegirl
12-04-2006, 04:57 AM
I normally shop at BR and have started buying clothes at ATL since I am working there for the holidays and all my clothes are run around the same size. They do that vanity sizing (run them a bit larger).

Hello Kitty
12-04-2006, 05:01 AM
I shop at AT (but not BR) and I've found the measurements on their size chart (http://www.anntaylor.com/Templates/Content/size_charts_sm.tem#General Size Chart) to be accurate when referencing a size.

chefker
12-04-2006, 05:02 AM
I would assume Ann Taylor Loft sizes run the same as the regular Ann Taylor...I have found some of their shirts to run too small. Not good for the busty gal, shall we say.

Their pants run a bit large though, I have found.

young lioness
12-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Their pants run a bit large though, I have found.

I think their pants run long, in addition to running large. I'm not a short person, (5'-7") and their regular pants are always scraping the ground on me.

Sophia
12-04-2006, 06:30 AM
I find that the sizes at AT and Loft are accurate when compared to their size chart. BR always seems to run big compared to their size chart.

heather1029
12-04-2006, 07:14 AM
I would say their skirts run big. I usually wear a 6 and can wear a 4 there.

Their shirts are a different story...If you have a chest but a tiny waist, their shirts won't look that good on you. They look terrible on me. Same with jackets. I put on a 4 and it fits perfectly around the arms and waist, yet I can't button the top two buttons. Tried on the six, and it looked baggy everywhere but the chest. Blah.

LexyLou
12-04-2006, 09:32 AM
I think their pants run long, in addition to running large. I'm not a short person, (5'-7") and their regular pants are always scraping the ground on me.

This is actually good for me. I'm 5'7" too but I have a 34 inch inseam. Most time even the longs at BR are too short.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll shop as I would at BR!