PDA

View Full Version : BFP after period?! Is it possible?

Delaney21
10-06-2005, 04:09 PM
If so how long did it last? I know of one person that said she had AF for 6 months while pregnant, so she didn't know she was pregnant. Does this really happen?

Daniel's Kitty
10-06-2005, 05:06 PM
It happened to a friends sister. She went to the doctor and found out that she was about 7 months along.

It also happened to my Grandma with some of her pregnancies.

Delaney21
10-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks Daniel's Kitty.

I'm trying to find the cause of my sore BBs, growing belly and extreme exhustion, but never thought it would even be an issue since I was still getting AF. More than likely, I'm just over thinking things and just putting on weight. :)

Baby Lust
10-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Delaney, have you taken a HPT or called your dr? I would definitely start there! That way, if you are pg, you can find out why you are bleeding and if everything is ok.

Keep us updated!

jeninef
10-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I got a regular period the first month and never thought I was pregnant. I even took 3 pregnancy tests to make sure I wasn't. Then several weeks later the symptoms showed up. I tested again and sure enough it was positive!:eek: I continued to spot up until about 19 weeks or so. I'm 24 weeks now. I would go get a pregnancy test and check. Good Luck!

ajb524
10-12-2005, 08:22 AM
I found out I was PG at 4 weeks. A week later I started spotting pretty heavily and would have probably just thought it was my period had I not known I was PG already or if we had not been trying. Everything turned out fine and I'm 19 weeks now, but I could have easily mistaken it for my period.

Mandos*Bella
10-12-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm trying to find the cause of my sore BBs, growing belly and extreme exhustion, but never thought it would even be an issue since I was still getting AF. More than likely, I'm just over thinking things and just putting on weight.

Same here. I feel ya, sister :)

Aren't periods supposed to be lighter if you do get them when your PG? Thought I read that somewhere.

savannahgrl
01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
My mom had AF with both of her pregnancies for the first 3 months. Not spotting or IB, full blown AF which started on her normal AF dates. Very strange!

Hoping this is not passed down to me as I'm looking forward to no AF for 9 months!

Scooter
01-09-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm trying to find the cause of my sore BBs, growing belly and extreme exhustion, but never thought it would even be an issue since I was still getting AF.
I notice you're charting--that gives you more information. If you weren't charting it would be different, but since you are you've got an advantage. The only problem is you haven't entered many temps this cycle.

I see your coverline is about 97.4. When you got AF your temp dropped to 97.3, below coverline, and then jumped back up to 97.9. That could just be normal during AF (sometimes temps don't drop until a few days into AF). If you continued to temp and you stayed above coverline then it would be worth taking a test--18+ days of staying above coverline pretty much means pregnancy.

(And yes, you can definitely have bleeding like AF when you're pregnant, enough to think that you're actually having a real AF.)

kat
01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
With my first pregnancy, I got a BFP after days of AF-like (i.e., not "light") bleeding. I was charting at the time and the only reason I took the HPT was because my temps were still pretty high, four or five days after AF showed up (usually they'd dropped by then). I was a little concerned b/c I'd just had some minor outpatient surgery and was just a little concerned about infection, so I took an HPT to "rule that out" before calling my doctor. I was absolutely shocked when two lines came up -- so much so that I didn't even think it could be right and tested again the next day. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a m/c, but had I not tested I would've never known I was pregnant. (Well, actually I probably would've figured something else was wrong because my m/c bleeding was definitely different from a period...but you know what I mean).

Kimmer
01-10-2006, 09:26 PM
That happened to my bestfriend she had what she thought was her period but she was prego. She went to her Gyn and they confirmed it.

Bubbas
01-11-2006, 08:16 AM
This happened to a friend of mine with her first pregnancy. She had her period for 6 months and had taken a bunch of pregnancy tests. She knew something "wasn't right" so she finally went to her gyn and it was confirmed. I believe she told me that she had even taken a HPT right before she went to the dr and it was BFN.

savannahgrl
01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
bump

julietchicago
09-04-2006, 06:05 PM
OK, so last month I had a perfect 28 day cycle. I had sore BB's the week before my period, which happens every month. Well AF is gone and today is day 18 of my cycle and my BB's have remained sore, and have actually gotten worse over the week and a half. For the last 5 days or so, I have had a horrible headache that comes and goes. And my neck has been extremely stiff and achey. I have also been sick to my stomach quite a bit.

I did a search online and found out there is a possiblity you can still get your period even if you are PG.

Has this happened to anyone? I took a test a few days ago and got a BFN, but i'm thinking I would test again pretty soon.

Maybe it's all in my head? :o

PinkMartini
09-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Definitely possible!!!

I started my LMP on time (not a day late) and 2 weeks into it I took a HPT due to morning sickness (even though I KNEW I wasn't pregnant - I was bleeding) and got a BFP. The next day I went to the E.R. (thought I was miscarrying) and they did an U/S and showed that I was 6 weeks pregnant :eek: My 'period' ended up lasting another 2 weeks (a month long total) and here I am 34 weeks and still pregnant....

So it's definitely possible.....

julietchicago
09-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow! I don't want to get my hopes up....but that's exciting to hear!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

bookworm
09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Not me, but it happened to a friend of mine. She didn't know until ~12 weeks, b/c she had a couple of periods. I'm glad it's good news for you :)--that story scared the heck out of me!

mrs_pell
09-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah...It's definitely possible. BUT, I think a HPT would have come up w/a BFP by now if you were really pg. Although, I have heard that some women never get a BFP on HPT so I don't know!

flygirl
09-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Anything's possible, including not getting a BFP this late, but it's not very likely...just don't want to get your hopes up :o. Sore bbs are normal with any hormonal change, and even though you may not have had them before, they're extremely common around O.

sea74
09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Two of my friends got their periods and then found out they were PG. One friend had herperiod for the first 3 months of her PG.

Scooter
09-05-2006, 12:16 AM
For s few stories about how it's possible, try this thread:
Did anyone get a BFP and your period? (http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8088)

kimthebride
09-05-2006, 02:59 PM
My friend had THREE "periods" so was shocked to find out she was almost 4 months pregnant during a standard pregnancy test they took before she had a medical prodecure done. Her daughter is a strong, healthy toddler now. Good luck!

Southlooper
09-06-2006, 06:52 AM
My friend had THREE "periods" so was shocked to find out she was almost 4 months pregnant during a standard pregnancy test they took before she had a medical prodecure done. Her daughter is a strong, healthy toddler now. Good luck!

Same thing happened to my cousin. PLUS she was on the pill.