PDA

View Full Version : Taping your breasts

villanelle75
05-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I am wearing a dreas this weekend that is fairly low cut in the front. The opening goes below where the top of any bra would be, but it is a very narrow opening (probably in inch or less. It woudl be impossibel to wear a bra. The dress itself gives some lift but I am fairly large-breasted and would like to give them extra upwards encouragement.

I know there is a way to tape breasts so that the tape acts a bit liek a bra. Can this be done without the tape goiung all the way cross the fronr, ot at least so that the tape acrss the front is lower than where a bra hits? How do you tape them? Do you use athletic tape and stick it straight to the skin? I have zero clue about how to go about this so any tips or tricks, even if they seem obvious, are very welcomed. TIA!!

Sare79
05-12-2006, 03:49 PM
I used duct tape once. I read it in Cosmo and it held up all night.

Start the tape at your left armpit and tape under your breasts lifted, like a U to the other armpit. Then tape a line from the middle of your breasts up and over to the outside, giving a bra-like shape. For more support and coverage you can fill in always pulling up from the center. The key is to get a very taut U with the first tape, so maybe take a long piece of tape and start with the center in the middle, push the breasts together and lift and then pull the tape tight and trim under the armpit.
Another thing you could do if you have a bra that is the right cut but not low enough is to put on and tape it lower around the base.

BTB
05-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Duct tape, ouch! Why not just buy one of the tape-on bras made for this purpose? They're pretty cheap, and there's several brands to choose from with different amounts of lift and coverage. If you have time to head out shopping tonight, they're in the intimates section of any major dept store, near special occasion bras.

villanelle75
05-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Sare, I understood your description of the first part of the process (the "u"), but you lost me on,"tape a line from the middle of your breasts up and over to the outside, giving a bra-like shape". Can you clariy that part for me please?

BTB, Do they make stick on bras that are low in the front? I know they make the backless kind but they appear to be cut like a normal bra in front so I htink it would show in th elower cleavage area. I may have time to run to the mall tomorrow morning but I'm not sure and I'd hate to add that to my already hectic day if there wasn't any such product.

Fenway
05-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I've used these before:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri/V218693.jpg
They worked fairly well. I never though to use duct tape, but I bet it would work much better.

Is there a trick to getting it off without it hurting?

I got this pic in an e-mail yesterday, since we're on the topic. :)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/mimgrrl/priceless1.jpg

ETA:
Victoria's Secret's page of adheisives and shapers:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSBRPSHAZZZ&cgnbr=OSBRPSHAZZZ&rfnbr=2480

BTB
05-12-2006, 04:11 PM
BTB, Do they make stick on bras that are low in the front?

Absolutely! As you can see from the pic lilydawg posted, they make stick on bras with NO front. I'm a D cup when not nursing, and the self-stick cups work just fine.

I disagree duct tape would work better. It's bumpy and lumpy so can show right through dresses, leaves sticky goop, and hurts like he** to get off. Yes, I tried it once, trying to avoid an uncomfortable strapless bra in high school. Never again.

princesse
05-12-2006, 06:57 PM
I was just looking for these this evening so it's cool this post is here. My VS didn't have any of the stick ons:-( I picked up one of the newest kinds of their strapless bras and think (hope) it will be ok for the dress I have. I am finding that a lot of the ruched bustlines, which I love, call for the need for some major lift but with the straight cut across the top any kind of bra is tricky.

So really, even with a D cup your sistas stayed up? Which kind did you use?

Katy
05-12-2006, 08:27 PM
You can also get the sticky bras like they posted above at a Fredrick's as well as at a decent department store (I know Nordies has them and I think I've seen them at Macy's as well)

la_bride_2004
05-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Word to the wise- make sure you are not allergic to the tape! I had this happen to me.

southerner
05-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Those stickers lilydawg posted held my DD's up better than I thought they would. There was definitely a limit to the intensity of dancing I could do, but they served their purpose well.

Pineknot
05-13-2006, 12:03 AM
And, to get that tape off ;

Climb into the tub and soak for awhile. It's a lot less painful that way. :o

Sare79
05-13-2006, 07:28 AM
I have DDs and the stick on ones never worked for me. They just looked like my natural breasts with something stuck to them, rather than being supported.

To clarify the point I had made: if you put one end of the tape at your breast bone in between your breasts and over it (like the line of a demi bra)and pull and attach to theunderside of your arm pit.

To get the tape off get in the shower and let them soak under the running water for a few minutes and it comes right off.

Sare79
05-13-2006, 07:29 AM
I found this after googling:

However, I've heard you can use duct tape, masking tape, or medical skin tape to do the same thing.... but how you might ask? Well look, I found the directions! So listen up girls, here is how to tape your boobs up so you can have good support, great cleavage, in your backless top or gown.

First start with clean skin, no lotions, powders, etc.

For strapless or non low-cut gowns
Step 1: While leaning over a bit (to give the boobs a lift) I usually start by using a strip of tape (about 12-16 inches long depending on how big you are or where your dress is cut) from one side of boobs (end of tape pointing toward armpit), under the boobs (pulling them together a bit), then up the other side of boobs (with this end pointing toward other armpit).

Step 2: (You can stand up straight for the rest)I take a strip of tape and place it horizontally across boobs while pulling them together for cleavage and to where it covers nipples, being sure each end touches the previous tape strip on the side (near armpits).

Step 3: A third strip can be placed above the second for reinforcement, pulling the boobs together again.

A modification of the above for low cut gowns is this:

Step 1: (Leaning forward a bit) Place strip of tape on side of boob, tape in a diagonal (pointing toward opposite hip), but not necessary to go completely to other side. Repeat with other boob.

Step 2: Place strip of tape above previous strip, overlapping a little,while pulling boob to position you would like it to be (more or less cleavage) covering the nipple and ending close to where other strip ended. Repeat for other boob.

Your tape strips can cross one another or can be made to not cross if your dress is really low cut.

However it is suggested to go out and buy the medical tape or use masking tape, as duct tape has been known to just rip off your skin.
Source: http://www.happy-heathen.com/wandering/2004/07/boob_taping.html

am_81
05-13-2006, 09:22 AM
I have DDs and the stick on ones never worked for me. They just looked like my natural breasts with something stuck to them, rather than being supported.

Ditto that. I'm in between a C and a D, and those things did absolutely nothing for me. I think I ended up going braless (the dress had a fairly tight bodice) instead.

Kanga
05-13-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm pretty sure this isn't their formal name, but my sister calls them "sticky boobs" and gets them at wal-mart.